1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TMac not an All-Star Starter this year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bluesinsoul, Jan 24, 2008.

1. marciagong

marciagong Member

In fact, AI fans and Kobe fans were discussing about it on the Chinese forum, they were so happy they made it. So childish.

2. jerrymcgrady

jerrymcgrady Member

Right.I'm a Chinese,I'm very angry about this. They don't have the right to change the ASG start like this.

3. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Remember how last year he already had ASG editions of his shoes ready months before?

Man I am sure he didn't' even want to play this year.

4. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I don't buy that. He went to Darfur for God's sake.

5. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

You guys just don't get it and probably never will.
    Does TMac have more fans than A.I. in China? nobody knows, but both are big names among Chinese fans. TMac being teamed up with Yao did get him some edge on the ASG votes over A.I. (or Nash). However, probably only those die-hard Chinese TMac fans would vote for him no matter how he played and no matter what he said. I guess it is same for every all-star candidate and it is same for each fan in the world.

In the past months, what TMac said and how he played just swung away some fans who could vote for either him or A.I (or Nash). It is simple like that. Otherwise, A.I. wouldn't be even close.

You know how many votes a die-hard YOF casted? he voted everyday, and he even set up the computer calendar to tell him to vote each day. I bet there are many YOFs out there like him. 100 or 200 votes from a single crazy fan don't seem to be something big, but a couple of thousand of them do make a big difference. But, where is he?

Yao was a surprise to Chinese fans in China; many of them just hoped he would get some play time and don't get himself embarrassed on the court. They thought he would either fail or be just so so. Honestly, they didn't believe Yao would be successful, especially when Wangzhizhi, who seemed to be much better than Yao at that time, failed badly in NBA. They are also big fans of American stars like Shaq, A.I., TMac, KG etc. They would give Yao the tiebreaker over those stars, but if Yao is under the par too much, they will support their own stars.

On the other hand, Yao meant just too much for those Chinese (fans)(or even Asian fans)in USA. They wanted him to succeed. They hoped he would succeed. They prayed to God "Please let Yao be the real deal". It is a racial thing. Once they found Yao had a shot to be the super star, they just went CRAZY. What Shaq mocked about Yao meant nothing to yao and Chinese fans in CHina, but it pissed off some many Asians in USA. Shaq got himself out of the 2003 ASG starter lineup by saying what he said. Shaq blamed Chinese fans back in China, but he should blame those people in USA and also himself. On the other hand, so many Chinese fans in China voted for Shaq and they still love him because they don't mind or understand what he said. The largest sport company in CHina even gave him a shoe deal.

As I said before, if Duncan( or SAS) had the guts to stay as a center in the ballot, he could beat Yao in the votes. People love duncan, here and in China. NBA knew it, so they put him as a center to test the water.

Had shaq kept his mouth shut or said something nice back in 2002, shaq would have started the 2003 ASG. One year after that, Yao even got more paper ballots than Shaq.

6. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

I stopped voting for Yao a couple of months ago when he said his style wasn't a good fit for ASG and sounded like it was a burden or no fun. If he doesn't care, why should fans care?

7. tresimecgredi

tresimecgredi Member

All-Star games means nothing to me now, before I can only see ASG on TV here in Italy, but now with your help I can see a lot of games :cool: , so who cares about ASG?? I wanna see T-Mac and Yao in June!!!

8. NO NAME

NO NAME Member

Yao would Beat Duncan if he stayed as center, no doubt about it

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

tmac does NOT deserve it this year. he's not going to be picked by the coaches either b/c season-wise, there are 5-6 guards who have had better seasons than him. but who cares? this should be the least of the problems for any rocket fan. we should be ecstatic. now he has time to rest with zero obligation to the game. get that 5-6 days to let his knee get better and we roll down the stretch.

from the chron, tmac will take this as an opportunity to rest up and go for the kill to end the season with the team.

we all know he's better than all the guards outside of kobe. i mean, on friday, u really think we would fear roy more than portland fearing tracy?

relax. we should celebrate yao. he definitely deserves it. he has been stressed out from our bad start. hopefully he'll take the time to enjoy himself at the game and come back stronger than ever. i don't think yao would even care if he plays just 3-4 minutes. he wants rest himself. he's not a guy that wants attention at an exhibition game.

the team has more important things to worry about.

10. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

It will be too close to call.

11. Trisha

Trisha Member

Actually,beforer this,I was suprised that his vote still has edge cause his year T-Mac has lost all reputation in china,he is the public enemy.All of the media(TV,web,papers,analysties,reporters...) has sharply ragged on him for more than a month.They said T-Mac is a bad man,faked injury,quited,never played D,was a cancer,played for his own status,"isolated"Yao,hated SF3,must and will be traded or retired or off the bench...etc.And not only Kobe fans combined AI fans,but also many Yao fans who has been hating him voted for his opponent intentionally.And many "T-Mac fan" left him too.

12. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

[​IMG]

Hmm... One wonders...

13. blender

blender Member

Great news. He should stay home and rest up for the second half of the season. The Rockets will go nowhere without McGrady being 100%.

14. supermike

supermike Member

I have no idea what you are talking about, even though you typed a lot. if English is not your first language, please don't try to type so much, you will confuse people.

15. luisantonio1014

That guy in other thread mentioned that Sina had an article or something about T-Mac not liking Yao anymore and that led to T-Mac fans in China turning on him and voting for AI in the last week of voting. It's probably true they rushed rushed and voted for AI because T-Mac lost the starting spot quick.

16. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Ha. I hope the bum doesn't make the team. Humble him up a lil.

17. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Way to be a dick - outstanding considering how little you post. While that guy might be babbling and need to be more concise, there was nothing really wrong with his grasp of English. But I guess if he's talking about Yao, he must be Chinese, right? If English is his second language, I can only wish that I'd be so good with my Spanish, German, etc.

Evan

18. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

The main thing that's kinda sad is that it's an end to our 5-year streak of having two starters in the All-Star game...

... Ah well, all good things must come to and end. Hopefully this means that a different (and much better) good thing begins. Namely, actually making some noise in the playoffs.

19. Classic

Classic Member

Well then you're a moron. His post was very understandable. I was more lost reading your fragments, ill capitalizations and missplaced commas.

20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

this entire thread is one more reason why the GARM has really, really, taken a turn for the worse....

all of the monkey poo being thrown around by Rookies who don't get that
    1. Tracy doesn't WANT to play in the All-Star Game
    2. Tracy doesn't NEED to play in the All-Star Game

Rockets fans don't HAVE to be upset about this and by all means shouldn't be ASHAMED that they are GLAD that Tracy is missing the game.

a real fan would understand that Tracy shouldn't be in this game to rest his legs and it's better for AI to get the nod to avoid any controversy