1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TMac not an All-Star Starter this year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bluesinsoul, Jan 24, 2008.

1. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

The players aren't picked by one coach... all the coaches in the conference (or possibly across the league?) vote on it.

2. marciagong

marciagong Member

Don't tell you think tmac will get picked based on our recorded. Don't forget we got voted the most dissappointing team. You don't earn respect when you're not playing well. I'd rather we make a run in the second half of the season to shut the doubters up.

3. marciagong

marciagong Member

Fixed.

4. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I don't understand how Iverson took over Tmac but neither of those guys deserve to start anyway.

5. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

One more reason why Hangout is better.

6. krockets

krockets Member

Being a Rox fan doesn't mean we are blind...

Tmac saved our ass last night, but I still don't think he deserves to start for the ASG this year. Personally, I don't think AI deserves it either. I would put Nash, Kobe, Chris Paul before both AI and Tmac.

7. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

This is pretty hard to believe especially when t-mac had a 100k lead on iverson. He may not deserve to start but I did think he was somewhat of a fan favorite. Even the year he was out for like 46 games he still made it as an all-star starter. I suppose he doesn't deserve it and hopefully it will motivate him to play with more agressiveness.

8. alexdapooh

alexdapooh Contributing Member

Wow a 100K votes gets passed up in a matter of days? Something smells fishy to me.

Regardless of what happens, I hope this humbles McGrady a little bit... and he comes out the 2nd half of the season fired and determined to show NBA coaches and fans around the world that he deserves to be in the game.

9. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

10. Omer

Omer Member

That's crap, I hope he still gets selected to play, the fans want to see him.

And if not, I hope it encourages him to tear it up after the All-Star break to let em know who's really the best in the West.

11. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

To be honest, i can hardly see him get voted in reserves over guys like:

Chris Paul
    Brandon Roy
    Steve Nash
    Dirk Nowitzki

12. marciagong

marciagong Member

This is what I'm hoping too.

13. Tornadoofsoul6

CP3/Nash should start instead of AI.

But the G spot is stacked in the West:

Chris Paul
    Brandon Roy
    Tracy McGrady
    Steve Nash
    Kobe Bryant
    Deron Williams
    Baron Davis
    Manu Ginobli
    Kevin Martin
    Tony Parker
    Hell even Monta Ellis is having a great season

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You know, the TNT crew have been talking about Chris Paul or Brandon Roy to start in the all-star game. You just know they would have been driving home that point if McGrady was voted in as a starter. It will be interesting to see if they continue to favor those two over Allen Iverson.

15. Basket-CMD

Basket-CMD Member

I don't care much...

It doesn't matter ... What he needs most is rest and pushes the Rockets as far as he can..

We need to get into the Playoffs,and pass the first Round, instead of that kind of "fame".. At least, in my mind..

Tracy is not that young, not like the man in Magic,but he has the ability to end the game,just like yesterday when playing VS Seattle. He is still among the top players in the League.

We trust him,just like We trust Yao. I just hope they can push Rockets as far as they can.....

Bless...

16. MotionDefense

MotionDefense Member

Wow, wow , wow, this must be one of the dumbest posts in the history of the internet. How many Tmac haters can you find here? 10? 20? 30? Right, 30 people are enough to vote a player into the all-star game. You'd better start using your brain and stop using your ass to think.

17. akiracy

akiracy Member

this isn't a big deal, would you guys want mcgrady to risk further injury anyways? if anything this is a blessing in disguise

18. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

T-Quitter didn't deserve to be an All-Star, starter or reserved. Same feeling goes to his cousin. Quitting must be in their family's DNA.

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he needs to show he's still a top 5 player. that should be his motivation with this snub. and i think it will. tmac always made it regardless based on his popularity. this will sting him and i truly hope it will motivate him.

20. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Loser + hater...