1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmac:"It's ok to shoot midrange shots"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cheke64, May 2, 2019.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

"It's ok to let Yao and World Peace to carry me to the second round. "

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

TMac giving 2nd round playoff advice is like Stevie Wonder giving driving lessons.

Never been there. Can only imagine how tough it's supposed to be.

Its feels like sandbags, Tracy.

Sledge187 likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

Harden already took his team to the WCF. TMAC never lead a team out of round 1.

It is funny that TMAC says it is okay to take mid range shots, because mid range shots ruined his career. He stopped driving to the basket, he stopped working on his 3 and settled for jacking up long 2’s that he made 40% of the time.

4. Nook

Nook Member

“It’s okay to publicly say that my own team will lose to the Lakers in the playoffs”

McGrady is a LOSER.

5. bmelo

bmelo Member

So now t-mac cant play? He may be a mental midget who didnt take his team very far but prime Tmac is way more talented than Harden at basicaly every aspect of the game not named generating fouls and if Tmac speaks how to score you listen. Those inflated rs stats got you cluless... we just had series with Rubio shutting Harden by giving him open lane, just imagine what Tmac would do to that scheme

6. dream2franchise

Moreyball has proven to be effective and all that, I get it but we have three of the most gifted offensive minds in basketball right now in MDA, CP and Harden and we're restricting them to isolation threes or driving to the lane.

We're essentially asking artists to be mathematicians. I'd love to see them (next season) dig into the bag some more and let these three show what they can really do with every shot on the table.

hakeem94 and bmelo like this.
  7. bmelo

bmelo Member

Id go as far as saying we are making cp average

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

this video makes me sad, that was the best post season harden

bmelo likes this.
  9. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

Its ok to not give up on your team.

That being said, hes not completely wrong. We need to make adjustments and shooting more midrange may help our offense. It'll open up our threes and cuts. We're too predictable because they know we either go for a lay up (via PnR or Alley oop) or shoot threes.

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Well, if Harden has taken just one the whole series, I can see the argument. He should have taken about 4. That's about it. Just enough to remind his defenders to hesitate when they follow him or confront him.

If we're going to take mid range though, it's got to be Paul. But they are not just giving him that shot, we need to get him open or he has to create it. Paul needs to shoot more, period. He needs to be averaging 25 a night, even if it requires 20 shots.

HP3 likes this.
  11. bmelo

bmelo Member

It's hard to shoot without ball in your hands + everybody standing around watching

12. bmelo

bmelo Member

btw stars of those era(tmac) shoot midrange because coaches wanted to. believe me tmac/kobe/ai would love to jack up 20 threes a night and i bet they wouldnt make less of them than James now. But if whole defense is designated for you to NOT TAKE 3 then just go head and posterize them or shoot from mid ala Durant. Those are points every possesion

13. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Remember that move he would do in the post with his back to the defender? A quick dribble and a step back it was money all the time.

hakeem94 and cheke64 like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Is there a difference between a floater and a tear drop? Seems the same to me.

hakeem94 and Patience like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Mergady

It's okay to shoot heat checks and say: It's on Me.

Patience likes this.
  16. igotwhipscollectingdust

His midrange is absolute money. They neutered Harden.

hakeem94, apollo33, Denovo and 2 others like this.
  17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Well he's good at watching it from the bench, hahaha

rhino17 likes this.
  18. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

sometimes you just gotta do it the old fashion way. Warriors are doing a great job of defending Houston's strengths.

19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I think the narrative of "the game changes in the playoffs/tougher play" is bullshit. I mean in 2min report of game 1 there were 3 missed calls for the Rockets - 0 for GSWs that they admitted to, so do they mean "the game is called differently for everyone but that year's media/nba office favorite teams"? Or they need to get closer to the spread depending on what bets were placed by the refs??

I understand the game is going to be different in a series (definitely less weak fouls called, and that's fine, if they're trying to make it more exciting as long as it's going both ways etc) but tougher play doesn't equal completely blown calls. Stupid talking heads, I'm glad they have T-Mac who's actual meaningful playoff experience (where he gets to play) ends in the first round. Although... He does know first hand about being robbed of a series by shitty refs, he must get paid somewhere to avoid discussing that, haha

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I would like to see the team mix in some midrange though... Especially if the 3 is broken

hakeem94 likes this.