1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TMac is spineless

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hoarhay2, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Man

Man Member

i don't mind his laughing
    it's a good thing
    for example, i like it when the coaches are interviewed, and if i were a coach, i'd probably be really mad to have to be interviewed while the game is going on, because it's a distracting/interruption that can mess up the focus/concentration...but i like it when the coaches are able to sorta laugh or smile ...even though i understand that they're probably not in the mood to be answering questions at the moment.

tmac had 13 in 35.

2. clutch citizen

You mentioned Yao and Rafer out. You can't overlook that.

Who is going to take that defensive pressure away from McGrady? You could leave Hayes alone...that's 2 guy on McGrady right there. the spacing is not good when McGrady drives and gets cut off by multiple defenders. the Jazz defensive rotation was great because they could leave Hayes alone.

Anyone who says McGrady doesn't show up is just looking for a reason to hate. You guys are not giving the Jazz defense credit. McGrady tore it up for 3 quarters, don't you think the Jazz was aware of that. The Jazz made adjustments, and they worked.

Everyone wants McGrady to drive to the basket instead of settling for jumpshots. Well, that's all the Jazz offered McGrady. McGrady was smart to try to dish it because there were always 3 defenders everytime he turned the corner.

I'll bet in the next game, you'll see McGrady in the high post a lot more in the 4th quarter. The Rockets offense needs more movement, and that's not going to happen when they think their defender will probably rotate off of them.

3. jboslett

jboslett Member

You use the 4th post of your career to start a thread that has been started in 5 other threads. Good job, man. Really though, good job.

4. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Member

Uhh, he was smiling at the ref who made that BS call on Scola. He probably was telling him to look at the replay.

5. diegot143

diegot143 Member

i have to agree with the poster. THere was in instant in game one when Tmac yelled at Scola. i said to my self wtf. you should be supporting Scolas fire and enthusiasem rather than checking him and bringing it down. Tmac doesnt know how to be a team player.. why do i say that? it is one thing to know how to pass good and give assist but what you dont see on the stat sheet is chemistry and a team desire to win and have genuine desire to share the spot light and be happy for his teamates.

6. superden

superden Member

Yes... you are not assuming anything at all. :rolleyes: Unless you are in the locker room and see how TMAC is with the rest of the team, you have NO RIGHT to make a ignorant comment like that. Why don't you look at Kobe and the Lakers? We all knew FOR A FACT that he alienated his team and a lot of his teammates didn't like him. They seem to do alright. Oh, maybe they have more TALENT. No one thinks about that? I love how people watch the game looking for flaws. TMAC can have a perfect game and lose and yall would still hate on him.

7. spence99

spence99 Member

McGrady was incredible for 3 quarters last night. The problem I have with him is he is a superstar, but he does not step it up at the end of games like other superstars. I know a lot of the problem is he needs more talent around him, but even with more talent, I wouldn't be very confident in him stepping up at the end of the games. He just seems mentally weak to me.

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

he tried. did you see his 3pt shot? didn't hit rim. did you see how he moved with the ball midway through the 4th -> no legs.

most superstars you talk about have 2nd options that relieve the duty. can tmac get away with 5-19, 1 rebound, 0 assist and still lead? i don't think so.

you gotta have help that allow tmac to pace himself throughout a game, so he can dominate the 4th.