1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TMac is spineless

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hoarhay2, Apr 22, 2008.

1. hoarhay2

hoarhay2 Member

TMac is an ESPN Highlight and Slam Magazine cover and that is it. Watching him disappear consistently in the 4th quarter the last two nights ... watching him make stupid decisions when it really counts more often than not is getting so tired. But I think the thing that set me off watching the game last night was his laughing on the sideline outside of the huddle in the 4th quarter. It was 100% posturing for the camera. God, do we have to listen to him whine about "me, my and I" after games .. or try to pass the buck to the refs? Everyone will say "he almost had a triple-double" ... "he was so great for three quarters" ... "Yao and Rafer are out" ... "the Jazz only have to focus on him". I get all of that ... but as a Rocket fan can you honestly sit here after seeing this stuff for years and think this guy has anything close to what you need when a game really matters? And don't blame the loss on the refs either. They were losing that game no matter what with the way they played.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

3 post since Oct 03, this dude is pissed

3. hoarhay2

hoarhay2 Member

Thanks Mr. 17,814 posts since '02. Get outside for a change.

4. thumbs

thumbs Member

:D :D :D :D Nice retort. :D

However, I can't agree with T-Mc bashing in either playoff game.

5. SWTsig

SWTsig Member

burn.

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

how about a guy helping him out for a change? how about he can go 5-19 in the playoffs for 14 pts, 1 rebounds, 0 assists through 3 quarters (like cough: kobe cough:) and his team stilll leads by 19 pts for a change. that's what i call a TEAM.

nobody can dominate for 4 quarters. not hakeem, not michael, not kobe, not lebron.

but hey you're just a fan so you can say whatever you want b/c it's easy just to watch and criticize.

7. rocketsmetalspd

All is not lost just yet. I hope Rafer can contribute and Landry starts getting more pt in the next game. I still have a good feeling the Rockets will win the next game after that it is anybodys guess.

8. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I wish for once, Fans could stop reciting the same crap written by the media, and start analyzing like real basketball enthusiasts.

Mac can't score with guys draped all over him, all he can do is pass. And if guys dont score he looks bad. And if they do score and Mac ends up with 9 ast, you guys dont notice anyway.

Mac cant go to the hole he gets hacked and hand checked all the way, so he resorts to jumpers. If you want the guy to take ill advised jumpers in the fourth when he is doubled, you would hate on him for that too.

On a night where we sorely needed rebounds he came up with 13. On a night where the D needed to be picked up, he came up with 3 stl and 2blk. We lost cuz we are depleted. We lost cuz the role players werent hitting. We lost cuz that Okur foul in the fourth should have been a flagrant(Haywood was assessed a flagrant to for the same thing). We lost cuz the refs allow the jazz to bump on one end, and then allow them to flop on the other. But one reason we didnt lose is cuzza Tmac. As far as I'm concerned this thread is stupid. You coulda lumped it in with all the other threads hating on Tmac. If you want attention, go get a girl, dont come crying to us because you have the same stupid opinion as the beat writers who have never played the game..

That is all

9. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

yeah...it was T-Mac's near triple double that lost us the game :rolleyes:

T-Mac is no Kobe Bryant or Lebron James, but I'm really getting tired of the crap the people on this board spew about his lack of heart and how he doesn't do anything. We were outworked, out manned (talent wise), and couldn't hit a freethrow to save our life. T-Mac can't do it all himself - how come I don't hear anyone calling out Landry? or Hayes? or freaking Bobby Jackson! Yeah - Tracy is the franchise player, but he doesn't win or lose games by himself - and last time I checked neither did Kobe (hell they had to rob Memphis for the Lakers to get where they are). Be upset about the game, but namecalling is just classless...

10. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

seriously man just gett off this website and go follow another team, its not too late to get on sumone elses bandwagon.
    TMAC cannot do it by himself.
    we dont have are primary ball handler Rafer. the REFS got utahs back. Tmac always has a disadvantage going into the playoffs. there is always sumthing happening.

Kobe has everyone healthy for the lakers except bynum but they dont need him to beat the weak denver team. if tmac was in that situation he would get out of the first round.

i mean come on. give him another break seriously. he deserves it.

hes "not superman you know" - Jazz are great defenders and Tmac is always getting doubled and stuff and when he finally makes a great pass to bobby what happens? you guessed it a whistle blows.

11. pmac

pmac Member

I can't completely disagree with you on this one. Tmac is not as good as he used to be and he used to be pretty good in the clutch (before he came to Houston). He isn't good in the clutch anymore with his shot being so consitently terrible these days.

I caught a little of the Heard today on ESPN radio and he was saying that Mcgrady was the most overrated player in the NBA and he started comparing him to Vince Carter, Penny, Marbury and Francis. He had a point. All of those players were given unrealistic expectations and failed. The problems is that in Tmac's case he is still one of the top 15 players in the league.

He can't compare to the likes of Kobe and Lebron but he is maybe the 2nd or 3rd best SG in the league. He does make it easy to dislike him if you're a box score watcher or pay close attention to body language because he is a laid back low percentage shooter. He attacks the rim enough he just hasn't been converting when he gets open for a shot.

Basically it comes down to him declining and not having help, a bad combination. People always try to compare him with other guys with bad teams. Look at Kobe before Bynum developed and the Gasol trade. They won less games and they still had more talented and more atheletic players. The same goes for lebron. The guys that aren't so talented on the Cavs and Lakers atleast have size and/or atheleticism. Even a guy like Kwame would help the rockets right now because all of those missed layups by Hayes would be dunks.

12. MemphisX

MemphisX Member

Mike Miller, Kyle Lowry, Hakim Warrick for Tmac :D

13. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Member

Really? I want to see the X-Ray that he doesn't have a spine. :)

14. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Bad trade for the Rockets, but T-Mac would do pretty well in Vegas.

15. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

while you are at it, throw Yao in there too

16. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Member

Great another one of these threads.

17. Zboy

Zboy Member

18. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Member

At least he did it a bit more creatively than others.

Edit: doh.. I was replying to the wrong thread!!! This isn't remotely creative.

19. GOAT

GOAT Member

hey man don't know if you know this or not but this is a team sport. not sure if you are thinking this is golf or something maybe tennis, but it is a team sport.. if he could get some help and stop playing with cats who rely on him for every little step they take (bobby brown) maybe we could win. don't know if you watch basketball once every 4-5 years like the way you post maybe but kobe was allowed to win with a terrible game the other night and won big so i am glad you woke up from hibernation to watch a game the other night but please watch more than just that one game thanks

20. cneptune

cneptune Member

That's pretty easy to do, considering x-rays don't show soft tissue.