1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TMac is fine. He just needs some discipline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ikarus, Dec 21, 2007.

1. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

Hot or old, he has been taking the most fg attempts and shooting ill-advised long jumpers. He needs to control his bricking and make plays for his teammates when he is cold.

I see either TMac changes his attitude or we get stuck with this mess for a long time. I don't see any team wants him, given his reputation.

2. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Tracy McGrady hurt his knee badly.
    He is a best player on this team and needs to shoot so as Yao.
    Imagine someone tells Arenas or Kobe to not to shoot?!
    Stupid statement,McGrady is disciplined.

3. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

So he is hurt but he refuses to check his knees. What kind of discipline do you see in this? What game is he playing?

4. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

He refused to check his knee because he wanted to play to get team out of this situation.He tried but pain stopped him,and that's it.Check out the story on ROCKETS.COM.

5. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

As long as tmac stays playing aggressive. I have no problem with him taking ill-advised shots.

That is the privilege of superstar guards, everyone of them does that, Kobe, AI, Redd, you name it. They should be allowed to do whatever they feel comfortable to get into their rhyme, as long as they are focused and playing hard.

6. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

he doesn't follow doctor's advice and you expect him to follow coach's game plan? He was shooting 1-10 with his "bad" knees. We appreciate his bravery, but it didn't work out. YOu are suggesting that he still wants to play with bad knees and refuse to see a doctor. It doesn't make sense at all.

7. babydill

babydill Member

^ That may be the privilege of being in the elite company of Kobe, AI, etc, but that's NOT how to help your team.

If you can't put a basketball into anything smaller than a swimming pool, you don't need to shoot more. You need to drive to the basket, get FT's and/or layups, and THEN try a jumpshot or two. Period. End of story.

I watch a lot of superstars do this, but what separates the smart cookies from the not so smart cookies is their ability to recognize when they suck at basketball. Well, sort of. When they suck at shooting I should say.

If you can't shoot. Drive. If you can shoot. Keep doing it until you can't.

It really is a simple concept. More players should learn it. :cool:

8. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

Then we would see no second-round playoff with him.

9. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

He should have seen a doctor but then everybody would say he's a quitter which would have been good,now he is a quitter and undiscplined player.

10. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

If he is injured, nobody would say he is quitter because he is injured.
    He played with pain and bravery and wanted to help the team to win. If that was true, he should not mention his injury as some excuse. He should cover it by saying he just had an off night. No , he didn't do that. It is very confusing.

11. pli777

pli777 Member

Absolutely right on.

12. Panda

Panda Member

If T-Mac refused to be checked out by doctors so that he can keep playing, then he should've said he wanted to play, but he said he doesn't see himself playing while refusing to take an MRI. It doesn't add up. It's very odd.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

He needs some disciplined surgeons to give him a heart transplant

14. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

Don't forget some balls too. But Tracy is a diva and a quitter - he is what he is.

15. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Tmac lacks discipline, he should be spanked and slapped with a leather paddle on his bottom.

;)

16. vizier

vizier Member

hahahaha

17. flame

flame Member

I cannot agree more. T-Mac is a naturally talented player, but he may achieve more without the talent. He plays like he play in his backyard. He wants to shoot like a star, he wants to pass like a star, but he cannot make the team consistantly better. I wish all my best to him.

18. seaweed

seaweed Member

I heard that Tmac will play the next game. I just hate this! In that case, even if we win, we would gain nothing. The team would be the same old crapy team again, and we would still have the same old Tmac that could claim he feels pain somewhere on his body and quit at any moment. All the hope that we get a stronger new team we saw in this Nuggets game will be gone. I really worry about this. And if we lose, it would be even worse!
    The momentum of the team right now is good. Why Tmac want to force himself back at such a moment? It's not like the team is hopeless and desperately need someone (even an injured one) to step up. TMac, please, go to see the doctor and heal whatever injury you get. We need a 100% star level Tmac, not a '70%' TMac.

19. rocketsfaninsa

tmac does racka tha disciprine.... trade him, you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

20. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

The story on Rockets.com is probably the most unbiased form of journalism I have ever read. :rolleyes:

So you are going to trust a site that does nothing but pimp ticket plans over and over? They're going to do a story that makes Tracy McGrady look bad.