1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmac in Orlando or Shaq in Orlando

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jan 20, 2009.

?

Best Player in Orlando History?

1. Shaq

149 vote(s)
    80.5%
  2. Penny Hardaway

36 vote(s)
    19.5%
  1. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Did you follow the Magic when McGrady was there?

2. tracy1mcgrady4l

and if there were 5 shaqs on lakers, they couldn't stop 02-03 from outside the paint it's very simple

3. tracy1mcgrady4l

no why you ask??

4. tracy1mcgrady4l

i don't care as long as they bring the championship

5. BrooksBall

Then how are judging McGrady during his Orlando days if you didn't watch games? Is it just based on statistics?

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

If its game 7 in the finals, I'm taking shaq over any center. He's been there and done that. I know what I'm going to get out of shaq. Other guys may get favoritism, but shaq is shaq.

7. tracy1mcgrady4l

actully,i watched some games when he was in orlando.the guy was unstoppable untill 05-06

8. Landlord Landry

but it's always 'TMAC hasn't made it out of the first round' :rolleyes:

9. tracy1mcgrady4l

as you know everything is tracy's fault

10. BrooksBall

So, let's recap...

First you said you didn't follow the Magic when McGrady was there.

Now you say you watched "some" games.

Next question: How much did you watch Shaq during his Orlando days?

I assume you see where I'm going with this...

11. BrooksBall

Also, according to your bio, you are 18 years old and live in Kuwait. Assuming you lived in Kuwait during the years when McGrady played in Orlando, how did you watch more than the occasional game? Same thing regarding Shaq in Orlando? I don't think they had LP Broadband 5+ years ago.

12. tracy1mcgrady4l

i said i didn't watched his whole games when he was in magic.
    shaq??not that much but lakers shaq is way better than orlando shaq but all i know is tracy's stat was better than shaq's and he won 2-scoring titles,2001 most improved player,beside he's the yongest player since aba majority

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Tinman and Brooksball, yall are my mans 100 grand, but the pure argument is stupid at best. Anyone with a brain know Shaq is on a different planet from tracy. I actually said to tinman earlier that this thread is really rookie like. Shaq is one of the greatest players to ever play in the nba, period. His team winning and his stats will bear that out. To compare him to a guy like tracy isn't even fair to Shaq.

Let me say this, tracy didn't go to orlando to be the man. He went there to combine with Hill and the allure of getting Duncan. Duncan didn't come, hill got hurt and now he was the best player on his team. When La drafted Kobe, he wasn't brought in to be the savior. He was a talented guy that in a couple of year could compliment Shaq who was the most dominant player in the league. He came to a team that had Elden Campbell, NVE,Eddie Jones and some other players. If they had kept Vlade, and drafted Kobe, then he would have matured faster as a scorer, but I don't think he wouldve ever won a title without shaq. Shaq has proven he can get a wing and some spot shooters and win a lot of games. He went to Miami and they gave up 3 players off a 2nd rd playoff team and won 60 games and made it to the conf finals. Conversly, the team that got those 3 players wound up in the lotto. Shaq is Shaq. I like the past as much as anyone, but tinman my brother, you seem stuck in a time warp. Come on and lets talk ball.

14. tracy1mcgrady4l

i said i didn't watched his whole games when he was in magic.
    shaq??not that much but lakers shaq is way better than orlando shaq but all i know is tracy's stat was better than shaq's and he won 2-scoring titles,2001 most improved player,beside he's the yongest player to avg 32 points since aba majority

15. BrooksBall

So you are vehemently arguing that Orlando McGrady was better than Orlando Shaq yet you basically never watched either of them play in Orlando.

You are almost entirely making your argument based on statisitcs and hype.

By the way, how did you watch any Orlando games in Kuwait 5+ years ago?

In fact, how did you watch any games for that matter?

My guess is if they showed any NBA games on TV in Kuwait back then it would be a team like the Lakers, if even that.

16. tracy1mcgrady4l

wait.....are we comparing shaq's career to tracy's career??? :confused: :confused: loool
    it seems that we have a lot of haters right here :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    im out

17. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

T-Mac's a talented loser. Incredible natural ability, mentally fragile.

As for last season the Rockets played their best ball when they ran Adelman's offense. For whatever reason that went out the window in the Utah series.

18. tracy1mcgrady4l

was shaq in orlando 5 years ago??

19. tracy1mcgrady4l

i never said i watched back then

20. BrooksBall

Nice try.

I wrote 5+ years ago to cover both of them.

So what's your answer? Or are you trying to avoid the question like you thought tinman was doing earlier in the thread?