1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmac in Orlando or Shaq in Orlando

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jan 20, 2009.

?

Best Player in Orlando History?

1. Shaq

149 vote(s)
    80.5%
  2. Penny Hardaway

36 vote(s)
    19.5%
  1. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

I agree that Shaq was better in orlando than T-Mac. However, I don't fault a person for having another opinion on the matter or feel so strongly as to say that anyone that thinks otherwise is "talking through another part of their body instead of their head".

2. tracy1mcgrady4l

yeah it's not tinman fault......it's t-mac fault

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

your point of what?

i saw the orlando magic play when they scott skiles as their PG. google it kid.

I saw shaq as a rookie and I saw Tmac in Toronto, Orlando, and Houston

and since you have claimed you never saw Shaq play in Orlando, that naturally gives you some credibility right?

how can you say someone was 'unstoppable' when he was stopped many many many times?

Unstoppable is when you don't get stopped and go all the way and win.

You are the perfect example kid. You are the perfect example that people who have no interest in the city of Houston and the organization of the Houston Rockets are the result of successful global NBA marketing at its best.

Where you see bits and pieces of what a player does on commercials and highlights and you develop an opinion of his entire career.

you are the reason why Vince Carter keeps getting voted to the All Star game.

Congratulations to Adidas, David Stern, and Les Alexander to some point. Your initiative to market players instead of team is 100% successful.
    When no one really cares about team success and defends a player he hardly sees play then David Stern wins.

Adidas wins.

Tmac wins.

4. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Maybe, but look at it this way. Anybody who posts up garbage comparing T-Mac to MJ, or Kobe, or whoever clearly

1) Doesn't know anything about basketball and
    2) Is a card carrying member of the Tracy only club.

Put both of those together and you've got a recipe for obnoxiousness. I mean, the guy's motive is crystal clear. Yes, we know he likes T-Mac. Is putting up a hero worship thread really a great idea when there's a ton of people who are pissed off with McGrady's phantom injuries, his decision to only play in one game of back to back's, his play in games like the one against Toronto where he obviously decided he didn't care what happened, etc.?

5. tinman

Supporting Member

what good are we as fans if we get information incorrectly?

how about when someone last year mentioned how "Dream never saw the Finals before Jordan"

Am I the A-hole who has to correct the guy and mention "Dream made it his second year, 1986".

Tinman you are here to belittle the fans.. blah blah blah

you know this was a joke thread right? Why would I put Penny Hardaway on the list? its the irony of it. #1 Orlando.

if you don't like the channel, change it dude. put me on your ignore list.
    unless you do like my threads or find them meaningful, you would never post on it.

I don't post on many threads out here. only the ones that spark interest.

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

To me, its more important to inform or educate people rather than try to make them run and hide. I've had league pass since birth. I've been recording games on my harddrives for a while because I wanted to get used to being a scout which I had offered to me before. If someone says something I don't think is accurate, I try to correct them without being brutal. There has to be humanity in everyone. No one is perfecr, no one agrees with everything someone else says either. Its all about respecting other posters. Hell, my daughter is older than some posters on this board, but that doesn't mean I'm supposed to treat them as such. Someone's join date doesn't represent their lack of "fandom" of the rox. some people just discovered the site late.

Tinman, this thread kinda sux, but if you feel you have to make a point, so be it.

7. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Don't sweat it, everybody's young once. You just had the misfortune to run into a bunch of old, cynical bastards.

8. tracy1mcgrady4l

everyone has thier opinion and you can't change that, thats why they called it opinion.you can bash all you want but that won't change anything.in my opinion you should get a life
    im out

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Man this is ridiculous..
    You guys have some mad double standards going on
    <br>
    If he leads the team to a 22 win game streak, its a team effort
    If he leads the team to a 50+ win season, its a team effort

Yet, if he loses in the first round while putting up off the chart numbers, its his fault..

10. tracy1mcgrady4l

ok you know everything about b-ball so what does that makes any difference??i don't think so

11. tinman

Supporting Member

last time I checked a whole bunch of people have seen Batman and Star Wars.

What do you want me to quote?

Canterbury Tales?

Whan that Aprille, with hise shoures soote,
    The droghte of TMac hath perced to the roote

12. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Yep, that's the way it works around here. When the team had 4 players score in a playoff game, it was tracy fault. When Landry the rookie gets pushed under the goal because the coach failed to put one of the greatest rebounders ever in the game, its tracy fault. Tracy is the only guy that is 0-7 in the playoffs. Nevermind shane had never won a playoff game or Yao is 0 fer either, its tracy, but when they say its someone else team, he's running from leadership. I really wish they would trade him and then put the leadership squarly on someone else. At least then we wouldn't have a half a board about 1 guy.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

at least i have a point, what is your point? to prove that Tmac was better than Shaq in Orlando

when Shaq took his team to the NBA Finals and put that team on the map

your argument is ...absolutely nothing

like I said, if Tmac slapped your face, you'd blame your face for getting in the way

You do realize this was a joke thread, because any one with basic knowledge of NBA basketball knows that Shaq was the most important player ever on the Magic. They are still trying to get where he led them.

Shaq went to LA after Orlando, he went to the NBA finals multiple times and won them and then when he went to Miami, he did the same

What has Tmac done after Orlando?
    we know the answer, you don't.

14. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

I kinda agree but to a certain point, but how about people that hate tmac but to a degree when it's just stupid, like how people talk trash about tmac not being emotional enough, when he cry during game 7 lose to the jazz, and how about this season, the fight between nash and rafer, tmac was the only player who went to help rafer and push nash out of the way. Also, cheering for your team, come on did people really went to the game and stalk tmac seeing ever time when the rox scores, did he have to react? and u can say video prove how the camera angle do changes things. Also, most tmac hater use mostly the same stuff over and over against tmac, they just talk about moon dunk or the cavs game, only two game i know theres more but the pass few years hasn't he been there for the team? I know the lack off playoff success it's a downfall but other than that can you say tmac was good so far until this season?

I agree that tmac, is not on the same planet as kobe and shaq or other greats because he haven't proven

As for tmac, i just hope he can help the rocket to more wins and playoff success when he return, if not than by all mean trade him.

To op, i though joke are funner, maybe some insider which i don't get
    but i do see your point, i wasn't there to see the shaq days so can really say much.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Penny Hardaway was the original #1
    so that's why I put him there instead of Tmac.

And I didn't put Tmac on the poll cause its a ridiculous joke to even compare the two.

little did I know there would be someone dumb enough even consider Tmac to be a better player in Orlando.

here's a video for the newbies

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y5jMOK87N7A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y5jMOK87N7A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

16. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

oh, I see now your full point now :cool: , lol that video was funny
    Shaq it's just shaq one of the best to ever play the game, even now his game its still amazing for his age.

17. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

Vernon Maxwell is a deadbeat dad who shows his penis to people who nail him in the rear end and infects people with herpes.

18. verse

verse Contributing Member

tracy1mcgrady4l,

there is no comparison. shaq in orlando was not only better than mac in orl, shaq in orl was better than kobe (after shaq has left la). allow me to explain...

first, shaq obliterated gameplans. most teams had to dedicate 2-3 players to handle him. that opened up things for penny. u tout how great penny was? well think about it: penny, as good as he was, was usually single covered. EVEN WHEN HE POSTED! why? shaq. shaq was a monster even then and commanded constant attention. that fact alone made his teammates better because they had open looks and 1-on-1 opps. dennis scott? ho grant? anderson? severely overrated and were exposed as such post-shaq. shaq was the "king of zamunda!"

second, mac was NOT making his team better. he was an incredible, INCREDIBLE talent who was "soiling his royal oats". he discovered his game there as a scorer, but not as a leader. not really as a passer either. it's true his mates were subpar, but I saw the games and followed mac. I still own a pair of blue n white macs. dude wasn't looking to make them better. he was so gifted a scorer that he couldn't be stopped offensively...until he got tired/beat up.

third, as a general bball rule...all things being equal, you take the big man. especially one who dominates the paint, which shaq did. he drew fouls on opposing 5s, 4s, and 3s. that opened the entire game up. tmac simply did not have THAT kind of impact on the game. if he didn't shy from contact so much (even then he shied), maybe he couldve had that impact. but hey, if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

shaq was akeem. tmac wouldve been in the hot tub with him, though. I'd quote the movie again, but would probably get censored for it.

#198 verse, Jan 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  19. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

It's the mental stuff that hurts T-Mac. His play in the Toronto game wasn't just bad. It looked like he quit on the team, plain and simple. The stuff about him smiling after losses wouldn't even come up except that it doesn't occur in a vacuum--there's all the other issues as well.

20. rockets_fanatic

Why do people take it so personally that people think McGrady is the best thing since sliced bread? I do not see them making many irrelevant posts, just to boost there own ego.

GET OVER IT!