1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmac haters are weird..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by EffTheJazz!!!, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

I loved McGrady and felt really sorry for him due to the old/talentless teams he had to work with until the 08-09 season came along

he just wouldn’t take care of his body...every season he showed up fatter than he was before, and his jumper declined every year as well

04-05 he was so much fun to watch...must-see TV

T-Mac should’ve had a much greater career than the one he ended up having.

to go from dropping 32, 6, and 5 as a 23 yo and being talked about as the next face of the league to turning into a full blown scrub a couple years later and even going to play in China...wow

02-03 T-Mac is still my favorite player of all-time

now he’s just a bitter analyst hating on a real Rockets legend every chance he gets...he’s a sellout like Kenny Smith

ryano2009 and daywalker02 like this.
  2. bmelo

bmelo Member

Not like we played against bums either... never understood why Tmac got the blame while he was playing better than Harden ever did in playoffs

3. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

#43 Blake, Mar 30, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol, stop it T-Mac stan

T-Mac was incredible in the 05 playoffs, but other than that, Harden sh*ts all over him

T-Mac 07 playoffs: 25, 6, and 7 on 39/25/74 shooting splits...48% TS

T-Mac 08 playoffs: 27, 8, and 7 on 43/21/62 shooting splits...48% TS

in your mind that’s playing better than Harden ever did in the playoffs...lol, please...

u T-Mac fans are so delusional

Harden has many games better than T-Mac’s best playoff game as a Rocket, and he had several of them in the 2015 and 2018 WCF...something T-Mac knows absolutely nothing about

tinman likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You all cuss out Mergady but him being traded indirectly ended up in the deal that brought James Harden.

Injury/surgery or not he would have been traded anyway.

Tmac for Kevin Martin and package - Kevin Martin and package for James Harden.

All you had to endure was the Fool's Gold era. #BiggerPicture

#45 daywalker02, Mar 30, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I loved T-Mac on the Rockets. But T-Mac *NOW* as he talks about Harden is pretty lame with his takes. He comes off as salty to me and that is really unfortunate. As a *former* Rocket I would kind of expect him to come at Harden's defense from detractors....not BE a DETRACTOR himself.

Nook likes this.
  7. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

He’s a quitter and he tried to torpedo his trade value when he told the press he was going to have a micro fracture procedure the same day ESPN had him on their front page saying we were going to trade him.

Yes, thank God we have a good GM who managed to get something for the quitter.

tinman likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

At the end of the day McGrady had the physical ability to be the best player of his generation. However he mentally was weak and the best way to describe him is as a loser.

He quit, he lacked drive, he was a poor leader, he lacked focus and had the mindset of a 15 year old boy.

He is a loser. It is sad but true. He never learned to sacrifice or work hard.

9. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

It's hard to be a winner, and then not make it out of the 1st round. Those seem to be contradictory.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tmac lacked dedication and hard work
    Even his own coach JVG whom he loved, said he didn’t practice hard
    While Tmac fans claimed he was better than Kobe, who went to the gym everyday to shoot thousands of shots

Talent level was the same , dedication to the game was a huge difference

No matter how many ugly fat Kardashians James takes to Chipotle or how many mumble rappers he hangs out with , Harden puts in work . It shows in his durability and his results

vlaurelio likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

every year T-Mac came back fatter and with a worse jumper...every year Harden gets better

vlaurelio and tinman like this.
  12. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

What’s weird is Kenny Smith and Charles Barkley lovers

13. bmelo

bmelo Member

I was talking about 05. The only time he was still Tmac as a rocket. He came back for 05/06 stronger than ever looking like a beast and then broke down and never been the same.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I was very disappointed at him, but I moved on years ago. He does support the Rockets I guess in a way.
    His comment that he thought the Rockets could upset GSW was interesting. We do match up quite well with them, but we have a long way to go.

backwardhead likes this.
  15. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Stacey McLady. That’s all I have to say. What a weak minded fool who wasted his elite talent. The only people who adore him are those who love sportcenter highlights over true heart.

One of my least favorite rockets ever.

16. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I've totally gone overboard on my T-Mac criticism. I'll apologize to any Clutchfan I meet about it. Let's do it on the night of Tracy's jersey retirement ceremony.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

When he picked Lakers to win the whole thing before the playoffs I lost respect for him. I still stood up and applauded him when he came back with the Pistons but that always put me off taking a team to go all the way when Rockets were in the playoffs. And I 100 percent was on board with him since they did a terrible job putting players around him when he was healthy. Can't be to mad. We used him to get Martin and then Harden. So if it wasn't for him quitting on the Rockets I would never have seen the amazing games Harden has done. So cheers to Tmac. I hope him well and that they never retire his jersey. Harden is next.

tinman and Invisible Fan like this.