1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmac deserves props

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, May 2, 2008.

1. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

I'm actually glad - T-Mac is going to be healthy going into training camp.. that means he has time to get back into '05 shape. ;D

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

trading hakeem? that was just wrong and it's biting us in the butt.

3. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

my hats off to tmac

4. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Yes, he played well and hard. Couldn't ask anymore of him. I would have laughed if someone told me I would have said this after the first two games, but it is true. Tracy played well and all we can do is hope for less injuries to key player next year and that the organization realizes that we need better players period.

5. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Tmac was just simply sensational on every aspect of the game. He just hassle, rebound, assist and bomb the Jazzholes 40 plus something points. He got my respect and i'm grading him A+. Take care big guy and see you next season.

6. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

Simply put, noone could ask more out of Tracy McGrady tonight. Luis Scola joined the party, but everyone else forgot to show up. Unfortunately bad shooting did this team in. Hopefully that is something that is addressed before next season.

7. Aimtsinghua

Aimtsinghua Member

Waiting for Yao

8. pli777

pli777 Member

I can't believe there are so many idiots in this world.

9. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

Well my Cubs have turned into a very good team while the Rockets have taken their place as the always what could have been if not for injury teams. Throw in my 49ers current state and I think God hates me. Oh well there's always next year.

10. levintblack

Just like the sucker there's an idiot born every minute.

11. levintblack

Don't blame Copter guys. He's in Israel so he's a bit disconnected with reality.

12. fnn2097

fnn2097 Member

40 points tonight. T-Mac did EVERYTHING he can. What else can you expect from him. Tracy McGrady IS a superstar and we should keep him in Houston.

13. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

If that bet was true about game 5 and game 6 between players T-Mac atleast proved his point to the media atleast about getting 40+ in game 6.

The point sends a message to the media it isnt about what he can do or what he dont do its more of a game plan that is followed rather than trying to show up on sports center.

He can score 10 points and win by 20 and score 40 and lose by 22.

That is the point its a team game and not a individual performance that matters.

I can live with 20% shooting and 15 points if its a WIN rather than 55 points and 65% shooting in a lose.

I just wish he would bring the same kind of passion to the season and not just the playoffs.

14. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he can't though. he has to pace himself. he didn't have his best season and yet we still got 56 wins. why not let him pace himself (and avoid injuries, which still happened this yr) and be ready for the playoffs? spurs can do it, why can't we?

i think tmac really brought it to start the season. but once he got injuries, he toned it down a lot and struggled. but he will always steps it up in the playoffs.

ESPN reported tmac had his knees drained tonight (maybe that's why his jumper was so good). why weren't they drained earlier?

15. SevereCr1tic

SevereCr1tic Member

Why?

Is it because he completely disappeared in the decisive 3rd quarter when the Jazz pulled away and made the 4th Qtr garbage time?

Or is it because he scored a few points during garbage time in the 4th quarter when the outcome of the game had been decided?

Once again, Tmac did not deliver. Face the truth.

16. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Look whose talking......

Face the truth, McGrady played a good game. You're not a rocket fan, go worship the jazz troller.

17. oschadha

oschadha Contributing Member

How about the WIDE OPEN shots he got his teamates during the decisive 3rd quarter when he was double and triple teamed

18. SevereCr1tic

SevereCr1tic Member

What? What did I say about the Jazz? Why would I want to worship them? Answer this question.

As for Tmac, what did I say about him is incorrect?

Is the 3rd Qtr decisive?

Did the Jazz pull away in the 3rd qtr?

How many points did Tmac score in the 3rd Qtr?

Is the 4th Qtr garbage time?

Unglue yourself from Tmac's crutch for a second and answer these questions.

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I am not saddened by tonight. I saw the blood, the sweat and the tears. I saw the raw emotion and the will and drive. I saw the heart of a champion. It was as if Tracy was playing in slow motion and nothing else mattered. He had a look of peace on his face that only spoke of what is to come next year. I don't know about you guys, but he believes. There was no fear throughout the night and no anger, there was only Tracy doing what he does best. I believe, fellow Clutchfans....I believe

After watching Tracy tonight, only the following poem kept resonating in my mind:

Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever Gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of Circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of Chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
    Looms but the Horror of the shade,
    And yet the menace of the years
    Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

Invictus
    -William Ernest Henley

Read it carefully, it seemed to speak volumes about tonight, the season as a whole and what is to come...

20. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I agree. Props to T-Mac. The only knock I have on him for tonight's game is that he should have demanded the ball more in the 3rd quarter when no one else was hitting shots.

However, I still stand by my view on his status for the offseason.

Morey should only LISTEN to offers, not MAKE offers. On top of that, you only trade him if the value is FAIR.

I know it's a high standard, but you don't just blow up your core after an elimination from an overachieving team, ESPECIALLY when your main cog (Yao) is out.