1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmac deserves props

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, May 2, 2008.

1. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Don't care what the Copter idiot says...Tmac in my book your effort was second round worth

2. SlamIt

SlamIt Member

TMac regained my respect after this game. Rafer out for the 2nd half was like a last straw for the game. It just did not feel right from the get-go of the half.

Got to pay my respect to TMac, and to the whole team. They did not play well today, but still fought hard. They left a lot for me to look forward to next year!

3. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Agree. He kept fighting despite that fack that we were down by 16 in the 2nd half. He gave all his best, 40/10/6 or 5 is great.

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Amazing player, wouldnt trade him for anyone.

5. Classic

Classic Member

I've always wondered when people will realize that the blame should never lie with Tmac for his team's shortcomings. Sure he is the highest paid player but basketball is a 5-on-5 sport. You simply can't place the blame and failures of a team sport on one man. This guy goes all out and is often the best player on the court. It is not his fault, that throughout his career, he has been sourrounded by trash that can't make a shot when the going gets tough.

It happened in Orlando several times, and it has happened in Houston three times now. I'm a basketball fan before I'm a Rockets fan and a Rockets fan before I'm a Tmac fan. But seriously, if this team wants to win anything, it needs to pay for some decent talent. Enough of this 2nd tier bs that we've been the entire Tmac era. We try to get away with crappy role players with '2 superstars' but in basketball, a team sport, that just isn't enough. Hell, look at the Big 3 in Boston struggling against a good 'team' in Atlanta.

Morey, Les and the rest of the Rockets staff. Get some ****in]g talent on this team. I'm tired of watching of the team fail because it has been poorly assembled. This isn't about injuries or any one man, it's about assembling a decent roster from top to bottom.

I loved Tmac's effort tonight. Too bad the rest of the team couldn't step up (again) when needed.

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

let's be real, if the cavs offer a 23 yr old lebron right now, you wouldn't do it?

but tmac is still the 3rd best perimeter player right now, just below kobe and lebron. and you can't argue against that when kobe and lebron have been putting up historic seasons the last few years.

give tmac and yao duo 2 more years and i'm sure success will come. we can't be cursed this many years can we?

7. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

i blamed TMAC the 1st couple of games but the guy has earned my respect....
    you got heart man.....just wait till Yao's back to help you....

8. buddyboy

buddyboy Member

Actually, last season when T-mac took responsibility and claimed it was on him was one of hte moments that I respected him most. To man up and say that the team was on your shoulders, even though it is a 5 player team, that's pretty amazing. That's why I was kind of disappointed this season when in some interview he started saying stuff like, it's not my fault, etc etc. With all the, "is it my fault when ppl in the stands order heinekin instead of bud" or w/e. Anyways, yeah, I think we all know that it's not solely on Tmac's shoulders, but we all also knew that if the rox were gonna make it through this first round, he'd have to physically carry this team through.

9. rocketsmetalspd

TMac did great once again the playoffs, next year will finally be his year. As for Rafer going down that was the last nail in the coffin for this season. I will be hoping and praying for a healthy season for the Team next season. GO ROCKETS!!

10. thiuronium

thiuronium Member

Tmac showed us his heart.
    Go Rockets!!

11. mms

mms Member

Thanks Tmac!

12. clos4life

clos4life Member

Can we get T-Mac and Yao some real help, please?

Scola/Landry are nice pickups, but we need a 3rd scoring option and we need help at the point. We still need a backup center if our 41 year old retires too.

Anyways, congratulations on a good season T-Mac. Hope you have more support next yera!

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yes he does, he played wonderful tonight.....too bad the rest of the team other than Scola pretty much stunk.

DD

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Thanks, Tmac. That was a fantastic performance on both sides of the court.

15. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Thanks T-Mac. 40/10/5.

Just wait until Yao is back...and we will still have Scola and Landry...I can't wait.

16. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Right, I can't wait either. Too bad we have the whole summer comming up...

17. marciagong

marciagong Member

I don't feel particularly sorry for him this time. So many people say that Tmac has got old, or he's worthless, or that he quits, or he dosen't show up in crucial moments, or he has no heart, well Tmac has just slapped them all in the face. I see hopes, I see his determination, I see his confidence, I see that he can still be what he used to be.
    Tmac, now you can finally lay down all your loads and pressure for a while cause I know it must be tiring shouldering everything for a long sesason. Now you don't have to get a shot before the game, you don't have to play with multiple injuries anymore. I wish that you can recover soon and tain hard in the offseason. I'm looking forward to see an even better Tmac next season.

I appreciate everything you did for us.

Good luck and best wishes!

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If Yao and rafer are healthy that is 33 points. With scola being the 4th scorer and battier the 5th we are fine.

19. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Cursed by whom? Scottie Pippen?? Cassell?? or maybe it should be called the curse of Robert Horry??

20. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

did you see yao's face when ESPN zooms in on him? dude was in pain literally. yao is as great of a competitor as there is in this league, and knowing your team could have easily won this series if he played, you know he must be killing himself.

next yr is the yr guys. let's hope everybody on this team is motivated to improve b/c EVERYONE can improve.

tmac and yao will have their best individual seasons next yr -> great team success