1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Tmac deserves props

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, May 2, 2008.

1. diehardrockets

Agree. What a lot of people seem to be forgetting here is that Rafer Alston really was a big factor when he played this series. When he got hurt in the second quarter, it allowed Deron Williams to have his way just like in the first two games of the series. Do you not think that in the Jazz locker room at halftime they were emphasizing that?? The point guard of a team is who controls their tempo and momentum. When he had a slower pg (Bobby Jackson) or a weaker rookie pg (aaron brooks) defending him of course he had the advantage, giving his team the advantage in the second half.

T-mac, on the other hand, played a great game and played a great series. MY PROPS GO TO T-MAC.

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

they wouldn't be behind b/c he has a better team, do you get that?

kobe doesn't take 20 fts every game dude. look at the nuggets series.

if kobe was so good, how come he couldn't get out of the first round with a 3-1 lead too? my god.

3. deeperblue

deeperblue Member

Evem with a better team, if Kobe only shot 50% at FT line in that game, they would be falling behind.

4. sook

sook Rookie

He hot 20 FTs, why are you comparing TMAC to Kobe relative to teams?!?!? Did Kobe get past the first round w.o shaq up until this yr? Tracy did all he could do I've never heard of a player having a 40pt 10 rb 5 ast performance and be blamed for a loss. There is a reason he didn't score in the 3rd, he tried to get others involved. If he didn't have that 28 pt 1st half outburst we would have been down by at least 30 pts he singlehandedly brought us back in the 1st

5. deeperblue

deeperblue Member

I am not blaming his game 6. It is about the whole series.

Yes, I agree, Kobe hasn't proved that he can carry the team pass 1st round without a solid big man inside.

I am talking aobut FT here. At lease, Kobe works hard enough to make sure he got the "free" throws in.

6. t_mac1

so kobe is better than tmac at free throws? whoppee doo

that should excuse his 1-6 4th quarter performance? he missed 1/2 fts at the 3 min mark.

the rest of his fts in the 4th were when the game was decided with a minute left.

7. t_mac1

no they wouldn't. that's why pau gasol made those 2 plays to close the deal. did you even watch the damn game?

8. sook

sook Rookie

This is the one yr i thought everyone was meshing , a lot of you say TMAC isn't a star anymore, don't you rmbr the first games of the season? He was playing like the 05 TMAC, what we NEED is to get a decent backup Luther is a joke tracy is only 29 he still has a good 5 yrs to go its his confidence thats taken a toll he does all he can and his team loses.

About the FTs, thats not a big deal...rofl

There are 2 scenarios to Tracy next yr

1) He has had the worst FT shooting of his career and worst jumpshooting, actually i think he has that back now after watching games 4,5,6 but he is going to try to get his elevation back and practice FT

2) He feels that he pours his heart into it every yr...whats the point.

Im leaning towards #1 :p

9. deeperblue

deeperblue Member

21/23 FT. Enough said about his FT percentage in this game.
    This season 83.9%. Enough said.

10. t_mac1

ok. nobody is disagreeing with you on that point.

but he nearly cost them the game b/c he allowed the jazz to come back with his cold shooting. gasol bailed the team out by making 2 scores to keep the jazz at bay.

11. sook

sook Rookie

Hes right on the dot, lol me and you always saw eye2eye before i got banned for some weird reason ;)

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You are very angry. Really really angry. Calm down and chill out. To give McGrady no props at all for at least keeping the possibiliity of winning alive is just pure hatred towards him. If he decided to score 10/10/10/10 in each quarter? Don't you think the Rockets will probably still be down by 20?

By the way, after half-time, you lose your heat. Why aren't you blaming the role-players for literally doing nothing in game 6. Lebron could put up numbers that are inferior to McGrady's but still win because the term "carrying" does not mean scoring every single point in every single quarter. It means doing the majority of the work for the team, which was what McGrady did.

By the way, if McGrady only scored 2 points in the third quarter, you still won't be happy would you?

I'm saying you're not a Rocket fan because any hater right now would appreciate the fact that McGrady did a hell of a job. You're not appreciating anything at all from McGrady, after the numbers he put up....... Its ridculous to criticize McGrady for this game when you have 6 other guys to criticize and who need work to improve on.

13. t_mac1

when you have a good team, you have role players to help you out. in game 4 v. denver, in a closeout game, the game was separated by single digits, kobe went SCORELESS for 17 minutes. yet they won.

we're complaining about tmac not stepping up for a quarter? what's the point of having 4 other guys out there. if you want tmac to score all the time, tell the NBA to have a 1-on-5 game then.

tmac would jack up 80 shots a game, score a 100+ pts.

there are teammates for a reason. if tmac did his all in the 3rd, he would have no gas in the 4th. his teammates had to step up in that 3rd quarter. they didn't.

now our job is to get better role players.

14. sook

sook Rookie

What are Jazz fans still doing on this board, well said i dont understand how you could REMOTELY hate on Mcgrady for that unbelievable performance, singlehandedly brought us back in the 1st half from a 19 pt defecit.

Quote on Boozer right before Half Time when asked about McGrady's 1st half 28pt 8 rb performance, " We dont care if he scores 60, if he's the only one scoring we will win."

15. deeperblue

deeperblue Member

Yes, role players should provide help in most games. But no role players will help you to improve your FT on court.

16. deeperblue

deeperblue Member

T-Mac's super cold scoring in game 1 and 2 allowed Jazz came back.
    And in one of the game we won, he made his last shot with about 10 seconds on clock when we have 2 pts lead, and he missed badly (an air ball which the ball is probably 1 feet away from the basket). Landry saved his ass by blocking DW's shot.

If you want to talk about "costing games", I don't know who is costing more.

17. deeperblue

deeperblue Member

Some correction.
    Forgot "in the 4th quarters" in my previous post.

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

McGrady's cold scoring in the fourth is bad and I admit. But tell me, did McGrady get open shots throughout the whole series?

And you honestly think McGrady cost the Rockets the game? How about all the other players who couldn't step up. McGrady no doubt played amazingly well throughout the whole series, but yet a lack of consistency of other playersled to the lost.

Seriously, its time we talk about role players. Yao and McGrady are fine. Unless if the person is AntiSonic, and I don't think anyhere minds having Francis on the trading block for a more consistent player, or even a first round pick. That is of course if Francis couldn't work himself back up.,

19. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

How about blame the whole team for the FTs?? Why point at TMac alone?? stop trying so hard to find things to blame TMac. If not 4th Q, its the FG% now its FT%. Forget that TMac is the only one who showed up in this playoffs.

20. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

thats costing us? great! What about the first 3 quarters in all those games?? If not for TMac would the "critical" 4th Q even matter??? In that same game you mentioned, TMac had 6 consecutive points that actually gave us the cushion before Jazz came back. How conveniently you forget that TMac saving everyone's ass for 3 quarters but pointing out one thing Landry did. Talk about haters