1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmac annouce his injury a few days before the trade deadline. Coincidence or not?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by devin23, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. devin23

devin23 Member

Tmac announcing career season injury only a few days before trade deadline? Then the nNets no longer wants any part with him. Is it a coincidence or did he have ulterior motive not to be traded to announce this only a few days before the trade deadline?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/...kRoundup-090218
    Chris Broussard: It looks like it's Portland or bust for Vince Carter, according to a person with knowledge of the trade talks surrounding New Jersey's star forward.

"It's looking like it's going to be head-to-head between Carter and Richard Jefferson," the person said. "I think Jefferson's going to be the one who goes to Portland."

While Carter may be the better player, Portland's concerned with Carter's age (he turned 32 last month) and the three years, $51 million left on his contract (though only $4 million of the $18 million in his final season is guaranteed).

The Nets have their own concerns about Carter's contract and that's why they've been shopping him. They've spoken with San Antonio, Houston and Dallas but nothing has come of those talks.

Discussions with San Antonio have broken down because the Spurs, while willing to part with Bruce Bowen and Fabricio Oberto, are not willing to include Roger Mason Jr. and George Hill in the deal.

Houston would have traded Tracy McGrady for Carter, but McGrady's announcement that he'll have season-ending microfracture surgery killed those chances.

"There will be no Vince deal," another source close to the situation said, referring to the Rockets.

The Los Angeles Clippers, who since training camp have regretted signing Baron Davis to a five-year, $65 million deal, have tried to get involved, proposing a three-team move that would send Davis to Houston, McGrady to New Jersey and Carter to LA. But no one but the Clippers liked that deal.

If Carter doesn't go to Portland, will the Nets send him wherever they can?

"I'd be surprised if they did a straight salary dump, but at the end of the day that might be best for their organization," said one source.

As for Milwaukee's Jefferson, it's far from a done deal that he'll join the Blazers. The Bucks would love to send Jefferson to Portland in a deal that would bring back Raef LaFrentz's expiring contract, but another executive close to the talks said, "It's not dead but there's nothing happening right now."

The Bucks' talks with San Antonio about Jefferson have stalled as well.

Portland's telling teams it has 15 different players it can get for LaFrentz. But many executives around the league are skeptical, saying the Blazers like to talk about deals but are always hesitant to pull the trigger on anything significant.

2. bamtonio

bamtonio Member

honestly? how many time has this scenario/idea come up about a "conspiracy?" there's so many threads about this!

3. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

of course not~He chose the right time ~

4. houstonsnk

houstonsnk Member

Haha, me and my dad were just talking about this.

5. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

They would have known after giving him a physical anyway. It doesn't matter.

6. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I'm not saying he did it on purpose but if he did... he becomes a villain in my book.

7. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Nothing would have happened.
    Les said it himself.. He had no intentions of trading McGrady.. and that was when McGrady was only still going through tests.

8. devin23

devin23 Member

How about this, what if later after the trade deadline, should tmac not be traded that he says, "Oh you know what? Maybe I don't need to have surgery after all? I'm just going to work hard to get back into shape." You never know with Mcgrady anymore...

9. boby

boby Member

It's so obvious that he wanted to ruin any possible trade involves him.

10. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

He told SAS first... what do you think?

11. BrooksBall

You shouldn't necessarily take what Les said at face value.

He very well may have come out with that knowing the deal fell through.

12. DOHCtah

DOHCtah Member

I'd be lying is I said this has never crossed my mind.. lol

13. BrooksBall

He should get run out of town if he tries to pull that off.

14. devin23

devin23 Member

Seriously... But tmac plays mind games. And you just don't know the truth anymore.

15. BrooksBall

Sure, since every physical he got so far says he can and needs to play through the discomfort?? :confused:

16. klipper

klipper Member

It's hard to believe that T-Mac could get traded this time, even without the latest update on his knee.

17. boby

boby Member

The real problem is nobody know the credibility of anything come out from Tmac's mouth. Remember a couple weeks ago when he took that 2 weeks rest he said something like "he feels really good, you are going to see the old Tmac, blah...", and then he was talking "the pain never goes away" yesterday.

18. RocketKobe24

RocketKobe24 Member

Your right he shouldn't announce his injury, he should just rehab some more instead of wasting his time announcing he's out for the reason.

19. bamtonio

bamtonio Member

tmac will be back and will have the last laugh guys :rolleyes:

20. devin23

devin23 Member

Exactly. That is why you don't know if he really is telling the truth. He may very well be saying this as a facade to evade a trade. Which is understandable since his family and home is in houston and he's been saying how much he loves living in houston.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.