1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

I think this offseason with Calderon signing with the Raptors we have to be interested in him.

Brooks
    Hayes
    Our 1st rounder(probably 24-28)
    for
    TJ Ford

New lineup 08
    Ford
    McGrady
    Battier
    Scola or Landry
    Yao

get a FA backup Center

2. armyman7894

armyman7894 Member

i like the idea of trading our first rounder away to get players, especially since our pick will be in the high 20's. Afterwards we can just buy a low 2nd round pick (low 30's) like we have done in the past years.

3. jboslett

jboslett Member

I think Aaron Brooks will be better than TJ Ford without the injuries.

4. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

I think that is too much to give up for TJ Ford.

But he is very creative with the basketball. I'd be disappointed if the Rockets did that trade.

Keep in mind that there were teams out there like Sacramento who thought so highly of Brooks that they contemplated using their 10th pick of the draft to get him. The Suns desperatley wanted him too.

Brooks has a bright future. He is quick as lightning. And he is the heir apparent to Raefer Alston.

I'm not too sure if the Rockets would do TJ Ford for Brooks straight up. It appears to me that the Rockets highly highly value Aaron Brooks. Adelman was so complementary of Brooks at draft time. And we've seen what he can do. He had good stretches, but just got overwhelmed; hence the need for Bobby Jackson trade.

Landry, Brooks, and Scola might stand out to be the best rookie three some of Rocket history.

But, I do like TJ Ford. Who know what will happen there.

5. scola4president

That is a horrible trade, Ill trade one of those players and a second rounder. TJ has game but just like our 2 stars he if very injury prone.

6. Greg8231984

Greg8231984 Member

I wouldn't bench Alston for Ford with how he's been playing

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Looooooooove TJ, but too injury prone.

Especially in the neck area.

8. lastmanstanding

I'd say no to that trade. Brooks is our future. You don't want to trade your future for another injury prone player. We got plenty of those. I would do Hayes, Francis 2nd rounder but doubt Toronto would be interested in that.

9. l3igballer23

l3igballer23 Contributing Member

Tj ford running the point sounds great for us, but to give up a defensive hustle player, a point that is lightning fast who has a great upside and a first rounder for a point gaurd, who god forbid, is one and done with one bad fall is way too risky...

10. Tornadoofsoul6

First, that trade doesn't work finacially

Secondly, I like TJ Fords game but what this team needs is a PG that can space out the defense for Yao. I'd like the Rockets to look for a trade around Bobby Jackson, Luther Head, some more incentive like a 1st rounder 2nd rounder etc. etc., for Mo Williams.

11. JonBainAramsey

I love TJ Ford and would enjoy seeing him come home, but i think Aaron Brooks will be a good player

12. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

No way, Jose.

Too much to give up, and besides, Brooks will end up being a better PG in the long haul.

13. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

the raptors should be glad to get the contract off their books more over us sending a package like that for him. he's a slight brush to the neck area away from being done with basketball.

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

With what Morey did in his first season (draft) as GM I don't really want to give away any picks. He pretty much got the steal of the draft in Landry and a guy who the franchise thinks may be the future at PG in Brooks with a very late first round pick and a second round pick. Not to mention getting Scola for basically nothing.

If he can do half of that in this year's draft/off season we should all be very happy fans.

15. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I wondered how long it would be until someone posted a "Hey, how about TJ" thread. Frankly, I am suprised it took this long.

And my answer is HELL NO. We've already got two of the most injury prone guys in the league. We do not need the third most.

16. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

no way, neck and attitude problems

17. Asian Sensation

Neck problems I believe but attitude problems? Are you sure? Either way I'd say it's a fair trade since we get a upper-mid tier starting PG in exchange for a hustler, dirty job player which the Raptors lack in Hayes, a nice prospect in Brooks and a pick.

Ford is a nice PG and his neck injuries scare me but moreover he can't shoot the 3 for crap which is what we really need from our PG's.

18. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

im a sure as what i read, from what i see he complained his way back into the lineup and calderon volunteered himself back to the bench to keep team chemistry, and a couple of weeks ago he went after a ref. And from his play lately I wouldnt take him

19. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

Man maybe you guys see something I dont but I think you guys are overrating brooks a little. Better than TJ Ford?

20. abc2007

abc2007 Member

T. J. Ford is a ballhog! We should sign Calderon!