1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Title Contender or Title Pretender?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rox225, Jun 30, 2004.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

IMO the only way to get Dalembaert for Snow would be to add McKie. What would you do with AMc? He'd get scant time behind TMc and JJax? Is Samuel worth it?

2. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Member

ERIC SNOW absolutely DO NOT fit what the criteria that the Rockets need...mainly shooting. With Snow in the lineup..opponent will have no respect for him and will keep doubling up Yao and McGrady....no way Rox want that after last year. Snow can't buy a basket from downtown....sure he's a nice defender and good for pick and roll and passing and all that tangible...but you win games by putting the ball in the basket...and ERIC SNOW won't do that for you! Eric Snow inability to shoot is like Francis turnover the ball hurting the team....Rox can not afford that...period!

Picking up Barry and Fisher or Clark will be enough to get the Rox over the hump. Or get Anthony Peeler...who is an exceptional great GREAT defender and deadly shooter from downtown!

Someone mention Arroya from Utah...i might consider him over Fisher since he's younger and good shooter and seem to be able to do it all.....but i never seen his game...i just heard about him. He just had one great year with Utah...but my safe bet is on Fisher....the guy have won Championship..have play with BIG MAN....is fundamental....don't make much mistakes whatsoever...hardly turnover the ball, exceptional shooter from downtown and free throw....can take charge and flop...can drive to hoop and score and of course passing. He's just too good to pass up cuz he met everything that the Rox need in a PG position. Only problem is his defense against good PGs in the West...but i don't worry about that under JVG's system...because he is going to tranform him into a great defender by playing great team defense.

After getting Fisher...the Rox need to figure out how to nullify the PFs of the West such as Duncan, Webber and Garnett because let's face it....you're going to have to face these teams in the Playoffs and will have a serious disadvantage against them at the PF position without Cato. Would Keon Clark solve the problem...somewhat but I don't think he's fundamental though...i seen his game being a Kings fan. But still ...he seems like the best choice along with Adonald Foyle (check spelling).

3. Man

Man Contributing Member

I want Derek Fisher. Thread starter had a good post and nice plan..I like it.

Bruce Bowen as well.

I think we can contend!!! I don't know..can we compete with the Twolves? I definitely think so..

4. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

First, Snow and Dalembert combine for $6.4m of the $6.99m traded player exception. Secondly, PHI has $61.6m committed in salaries for 04-05. Removing Snow and Dalembert lessens their payroll but does not give them any cap room. They wouldn't be under the cap even with a medical exception for MacCollouch. Allen Iverson will make $91m over the next 5 seasons and PHI will never have serious cap space as long as he's on their roster.

Now, please tell me why the Sixers want to "give" us Eric Snow.

Using the entire MLE for Barry and then moving him to SG means Tyronne Lue, Reece Gaines or Mike Wilks are playing PG. No thanks. Let Barry play PG. He and Jackson and McGrady are good enough ball handlers to not depend on Lue who is going to get posted up by the stronger WC PG's. I'm in favor of Barry, just not in favor of paying him, playing Lue and benching JJ. Not effective IMO.

The traded player exception can not be used to sign FA's. Personal opinion but if we're talking about risks, I'd rather risk it with Dice.

What is "dead weight" about needing a roster of 12 and an IR of 3? AGriff makes a whopping $808k and is in the last year of his contract. Pike makes $2.7m this year and $3m next. What do you suggest? Trade them both for a single player making $3.5m? IMHO, if either of them leave, they'll be packaged with Mo or Spoon and needed for salary matching purposes.

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Major Pretender. 1st round playoffs, 45 win season, thats it.