1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Titans prefer to face Texans QB, not his backup

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ryan17wagner, Sep 17, 2008.

1. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Albert Haynesworth wants to rough up Texans quarterback Matt Schaub this Sunday — but not too much. The defensive tackle said the Titans are much more worried about Schaub’s backup, Sage Rosenfels.

The Titans knocked Schaub out of both meetings last season. Rosenfels came in and threw for 475 yards and five touchdowns, including a 290-yard, four-TD game. The Titans won both meetings.

We don’t want to see Rosenfels, man,” Haynesworth said. “They definitely have the best backup in the NFL, at least against us. He kills us every time.’’

Haynesworth said Schaub should be nervous, though.

In Tennessee’s 38-36 win at Houston on Oct. 21, Schaub left early with a sprained ankle but came back. Haynesworth then knocked him out of the game for good with what officials ruled a helmet-to-helmet hit. Schaub hurt his hip and back.

In the Dec. 2 rematch at LP Field, Schaub suffered a dislocated left shoulder. After the game, Haynesworth said: “I think he’s just scared of us. Maybe next year he won’t play against us. He’ll just sit that game out.’’

Schaub, who will start this Sunday’s game at LP Field, said the injuries he suffered against the Titans last season are just a part of the game. As for what it felt like when the 320-pound Haynesworth landed on him, Schaub said: “I think we’re still trying to find a scale who can measure that.’’

Award for Bulluck: Titans linebacker Keith Bulluck was named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week for his performance in Sunday’s win over the Bengals. He blocked a punt and recovered it for a touchdown, the sixth of his career.

Bud OK: Titans owner Bud Adams, who resides in Houston, was affected by Hurricane Ike but is doing OK, according to Coach Jeff Fisher. “He had some minor damage to the house, but everything as far as the Adams family and his immediate relatives are OK,’’ Fisher said.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080917/SPORTS01/80917079/1002

2. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Ironic. I'm sure the Texans would rather face VY than Kerry Collins as well. For the record, I'm a Sage fan and I think he should be the man.

3. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Whatever, obligatory video

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9acRrOEleC8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9acRrOEleC8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

If anyone can rise from the grave, it's VY

4. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Boy I hope Mario destroys Kerry Collins.

Vince is my boy, but if he plays again I hope Mario gets him too.

Matt, come out and kill these db's! :mad:

5. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Wow, one 40-yard run! Prepare his bust in Canton... that's only been something done by like 50,000,000 other players.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

you're the only person mentioning canton. the only point was that its ridiculous to assert the texans would rather face a qb who's 3-0 against them including a game winning play. i think if you take off your vince hate (yeah I know you really like him) you would realize how stupid the " iwould rather face collins" posts are in the texans vacum

8. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

Wow pretty bold statement, i hope schaub tears them apart and mario takes collins out of the game!! very very bold statement

9. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

If Matt sucks again, I'll be leading the charge to let Sage start.

10. XBLRocketman111

I'll be right behind you in line to make the change!

11. Landlord Landry

How bout the O-line does their job for the first time......since the TEXANS began plying football?

yay! Sage put up huge numbers during trash time! Sorry, but it doesn't matter if you put Sage, Schaub, Tom Brady, John Elway or even the loveable David Carr behind this line......if they can't run the ball and can't pass protect, the QB is going to get hammered. Kansas City is having the same problem right now......it has little to do with who the QB is.

12. msn

msn Member

While I'm pretty confident it won't happen for several reasons, I'd love to see Schaub and AJ freaking destory the t***. First of all, I hate them anyway. Now Haynesworth running his trap. The most annoying thing about it is that they can back it up, and the Texans won't be able to do a thing about it.

13. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

BINGO. Why more people don't realize this, I'm not quite sure.

14. msn

msn Member

Well, it sounds notoriously like all of our defenses for David Carr, for one thing.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

sage performed against the same d-line in the titans game that imattobile schaub got knocked out against, and lets not forget the infamous david carr benching,

16. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

BINGO. Why more people don't realize this, I'm not quite sure.

Sage has performed well just about everytime he's gotten the chance. He could start right now for quite a few teams in the league -- I think Minnesota would be 2-0 had they upped their offer to nab him in the off-season. I'm not calling for Schaub's head -- I just think if our offense sputters again, we need to give Sage a look.

17. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Actually, by the time Sage started putting up numbers in the Titans game, I'm pretty sure I remember the Titans starters being on the bench

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

in the beginning of the second half against them in nashville in 06, maybe not

edit: to be fair that wasn't schaub's game but the point is he has stood up the titans d-line

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Actually, I blame the oline for Schaub's poor performance in that last game

20. XBLRocketman111

Ok here we are 7th season in and we are having the same problems, but what rosenfels does better than schaub is get the ball off in a hurry. some QB's are good at it some isn't maybe rosenfels is what the texans need to suceed with the line they have in place right now