1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tips For Those Going to See LOTR : Return of the King (**possible spoliers**)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by moestavern19, Nov 24, 2003.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I pulled this off bash.org

:D

<MercyBeat> For those of you planning on seeing the third LOTR movie at the theater her are some survival tips.
    <MercyBeat> 1. Stand up halfway through the movie and yell loudly, "Wait... where the hell is Harry Potter?"
    <MercyBeat> 2. Block the entrance to the theater while screaming: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" - After the movie, say "Lucas could have done it better."
    <MercyBeat> 3. At some point during the movie, stand up and shout: "I must go! Middle Earth needs me!" and run and try to jump into the screen. After bouncing off, return quietly to your seat.
    <MercyBeat> 4. Play a drinking game where you have to take a sip every time someone says: "The Ring."
    <MercyBeat> 5. Point and laugh whenever someone dies.
    <MercyBeat> 6. Ask the nearest ring-nut if he thinks Gandalf went to Hogwarts
    <MercyBeat> 7. Finish off every one of Elrond's lines with "Mr. Anderson."
    <MercyBeat> 8. When Aragorn is crowned king, stand up and at the top of your lungs sing, "And I did it.... MY way...!"
    <MercyBeat> 9. At the end, complain that Gollum was offensive to Ethiopians
    <MercyBeat> 10. Talk like Gollum all through the movie. At the end, bite off someone's finger and fall down the stairs.
    <MercyBeat> 11. When Shelob appears, pinch the guy in front of you on the back of the neck.
    <MercyBeat> 12. Dress up as old ladies and reenact "The Battle of Helms Deep" Monty Python style.
    <MercyBeat> 13. When Denethor lights the fire, shout "Barbecue!"
    <MercyBeat> 14. Ask people around you who they think is the next "Terminator" sent from the Middle Earth of the future to assassinate Frodo Baggins
    <MercyBeat> 15. In TTT when the Ents decide to march to war, stand up and shout "RUN FOREST, RUN!"
    <MercyBeat> 16. Every time someone kills an Orc, yell: "That's what I'm Tolkien about!" See how long it takes before you get kicked out of the theatre.
    <MercyBeat> 17. During a wide shot of a battle, inquire, "Where's Waldo?"
    <MercyBeat> 18. Talk loudly about how you heard that there is a single frame of a nude Elf hidden somewhere in the movie.
    <MercyBeat> 19. Start an Orc sing-a-long.
    <MercyBeat> 20. Come to the premiere dressed as Frankenfurter and wander around looking terribly confused.

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Anyone in Houston planning on going to Trilogy Tuesday? I bought two tickets for me and my brother. Now he cant go so I put one of them up on ebay. If anyone is interested let me know.

3. stra

stra Member

That was a good laugh! :D

It brings back memories of so many times people have been annoying in the theatres. The last time was when I was seeing Kill Bill and some guys before the movie started to talk about how cool they thought it was going to be with the humor and the cool references to other movies and so on.

But as the movie progressed it was obvious that they didn't get any of the cool stuff and details Tarantino put in movie and they laughed out at all the wrong times and so on because they wanted to seem smart or something. It was so embarrising to listen to them discussing stuff and getting it all wrong. I wanted to tell them to shut up but that would perhaps be a little to much I know.:eek: But being forced to listen to these jerks almost ruined a really good movie for me. Hmmm maybe I shut have gone Uma Thurman on them;)

By the way: Why do people hate Matrix Revolutions?? It rocks and so did Reloaded!! Everybody hates them so when I watched them I was surprised to find out how much I enjoyed them. well off to work

4. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Seriously? Man, I wish you had offered it here before it went on Ebay - looks like you will get a lot of money for the ticket though. :D

5. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Tip #21: DO NOT see this film with nomar.

:)