1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tipping my hat to The Clippers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketsjudoka, May 17, 2015.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm so happy that we won but give credit to the Clippers. It took an incredible and improbably comeback for us to even get here today and the Clippers didn't just roll over this game. They fought and fought for longer than I thought they would. More than that they spanked us hard including at Toyota Center without Chris Paul.

As much as I wanted the Rockets to win I don't hate this Clippers team like I hated the Lakers, Utah or Mavs. Chris Paul and Blake Griffin are great players who should get theirs some point (hopefully not against us). Doc Rivers is a great coach already with a ring and he brought this team back after all of the crazy distractions with Donald Stirling from last year. He also got them through a grueling slog against the defending champions who are renowned for mental toughness and one of the best coaches in the league history.

Most importantly though The Clippers brought out something in this Rockets team that will be sorely needed if this team is going to be a Champion.
    HEART.

The Clippers played their best and forced the Rockets to play better, dig deep, in other words become CLUTCH CITY

The Warriors are the best and if you want to be the best you have to beat the best. If the Rockets hadn't found what they did in Game 6 of this series this next series could be a laugher. This series is going to be very difficult but after what happened Thursday night in LA we know you can never count this team out.

2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Well said, they honestly spoked fear many times with the deadly pick roll they have, Blake was the best player in the playoffa until last week and he has nights where he is the BEST playrer in the league.

Go rockets, still cant believe were here!

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

F the Clips

Team full of flops and whiners and an overrated coach / GM

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would like to thank the Clippers for exploiting our weaknesses. This forced us to make adjustments that made our team much better.

5. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

We are tested and should be good to go against the Warriors

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I thought they were the better team, too bad they are actually the biggest mental migets of the league, jesus that collapse

7. Marteen

Marteen Member

Props to them and respect. They forced the Rockets this way, but f*** Austin Rivers. I hate that guy.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I legit feel bad for Paul. He's only Clipper who came out with heart today.

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

The Clippers actually played hard focused basketball. Not much whining/flopping/lob-city divas like we're used to seeing. (It probably woulda BENEFITTED them to turn it into that kinda slopfest, that's their advantage.)

Big credit to them for being sportsman. It actually woulda been a nice story to see them advance after moving on from under the Dark Ages of Donald.

Alas, the Rockets still have more to play for.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Honesty I can't explain what happened to the Clippers. You would think after overcoming the Spurs they would've had a lot more spine.

All I can say is that getting up 3-1 they just felt they had three match points to defend and just conceded game 5 but were litterally shell shocked in the 4th of game 6. That left them with this game and The Rockets came out and just out played them.

11. PJ86

PJ86 Member

I respect them for not turning this into a flop fest and I respect their big guns, hate chris paul and harden equally the way they play the game, but respect them as a person. I do not respect Barnes and Davis though. Doc Rivers is cool, feel bad for him.

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I tipped my ass to the Clips.

13. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

thanks for the appetizer, we're now ready for the main course

14. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Shut up with these weak topics. I tip nothing to that garbage organization and trashy players.

15. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

Clippers are certainly a good team this year

They just have no bench like Barkley said. Austin Rivers got lucky for one game

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I feel so damn bad for CP3, maybe even a little for Blake.

The criticism will be unreal

17. sergio

sergio Member

I remember Doc taunting the fans in game one when Rockets were loosing. I remember Austin Rivers mocking Harden in game four stirring it up. I remember Barnes slamming Harden on the ground after a foul. **** the Clipps!

18. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

**** THE CLIPPERS

19. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

That starting is probably the best in basketball but ya they need a bench for sure. Not sure how this core could be together this long and not have a stable of solid bench players. Speaks to how lucky we are to have Morey.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

That team is outstanding.

Griffin and Paul are a good 1-2 as anyone in the league.