1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Tipping 2022 Edition] What's the protocol?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

I went to the Gypsy Poet the other day to pick up an order since I was in the area, and I swear the card reader was just being obnoxious begging for tips

I was like “if this thing asks me for a tip one more time, I’m gonna cancel the tip I already made because you’re just being annoying now”

Jontro, ElPigto and Rocket River like this.
  2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Stay strong brothers! Together we can do this! lolzzzzzz.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

How'd you like it? I need to try it again. Couldn't make a definitive ranking from my 1 visit.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’ve tried the Pepperoni Madness pizza, their white pizza Sicilian Journey, and their Margherita pizza

I enjoyed the pepperoni one, the honey drizzle on top is a nice touch…I liked their white pizza too…didn’t like the Margherita

Ziggy likes this.
  5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm definitely experiencing tipping fatigue where I am just going out less and getting less services just to avoid having to tip everyone. For example, I'd love to get my car detailed by a detailer that charges a damn good fee, but seems like these guys also want to be tipped. I watched a video from a local detailer the other day that did an $1100 paint correction (or something near that price) and the individual also tipped $200 on top of that. My thoughts were immediately, I probably rather not get my car detailed if I also have to feel guilted into tipping for an already premium service. Oh well.

no_answer and Jontro like this.
  6. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Member

Off topic but I am tired of going to Petco and every dam time they ask me if I want to "Save an animal" by donating or rounding up........talk about guilt, No sir, I am here to buy cat food and I prefer not to help any other animals :p I always round up

ElPigto likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

I tipped $3 plus roundup change on my to-go order earlier. I hope that's ok with you guys.

Jontro and Xerobull like this.
  8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

Depends on the boobs

Jontro likes this.
  9. thegary

thegary Member

How about everyone just live off grid and never tip again? You ****ing cool ass libertarians.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

have yall tried tipping in restaurants overseas? what was the reax?

11. thegary

thegary Member

You tip as you like in Europe. No real percentage involved.

12. thegary

thegary Member

Better said, you round up and add according to service.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

No one cared lol. I remember being at a restaurant in Barcelona and my wife was so angry that our waiters were outside on their smoke break while she wanted more water. I thought it was great.

Jontro and Buck Turgidson like this.
  14. Jontro

Jontro Member

don’t some cultures find it offensive if you give a tip? i dunno if euro or prolly japanese

ElPigto likes this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

I always remember most places leaving a carafe of water with ice and lemon on the table

ElPigto likes this.
  16. Sajan

Sajan Member

it's extremely rude and wrong to tip in Japan. i have heard of stories about people chasing tourists back to give their money.

europe is usually 10% service charge. simple.

i will let yall how it is...going there next week.

Jontro likes this.
  17. Jontro

Jontro Member

ohh nice breh. would you have the guts to personally hand the tip to the person? i wonder how they will take that gesture.

one thing i have noticed with japan tho, it’s the only culture where everyone goes out of their way and bend over backwards to accommodate, whether in japan or overseas. i see it a lot in business from dad, where others adopt their customs during a meeting.

Sajan likes this.
  18. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

@Jontro - this quote came from my father after I told him about how a Japanese pitcher gave candy to a guy that he had hit the day before - “Son, we can learn a lot from the Japanese.”

19. Sajan

Sajan Member

i will line up the entire waiting staff and give them 25% each. if they try to give it back i will double it!

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Dinner with @Sajan at The Applebee's.