1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tip Jar Opportunity (SAMFISHER lets do it)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketmike, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Rocketmike

Rocketmike Member

Let me take this opportunity to correct myself and then to pay for my mistakes. Here goes:

The Rockets will make the playoffs; not because they deserve it or play well down the stretch, but because they have to. The three teams behind them will play eachother at least 2 times in the rest of the year I think, and will thus beat eachother up.

Having said that I did open my mouth w/o looking at our opponents schedule and now I'm willing to pay.

Here's the deal, no 4:1 odds, just even up $25, I'll side with the losing team, if the rockets make the playoffs (even though i just said they would), I'll give 25 to the tip jar. If they don't, well Sam, its a sad day in H-town, and you give your $25.

In fact why don't we get more of these going. Lets just see what we can get in the tip jar for the BBS.

Rocketmike

2. codell

codell Contributing Member

There is no shame in backing your way into the playoffs. Its about how you played the whole season, not just in one stretch.

If the Rockets finish with a good enough record to qualify for a playoff seed, then they absolutely, 100%, do deserve a playoff spot. Not sure how anyone could argue otherwise.

Ill jump in on this bet if you don't mind. If the Rockets DON'T make the playoffs, I'll throw $250 into the tip jar (ill throw a lesser amount in even if they do ;)).

I am sure the $250 won't help the massive headache that Clutch will have trying to monitor and the poster meltdown that will occur should we collapse and be in the lottery at seasons end.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I think this was bnb's idea so he deserves the credit. But like I said, if they don't make it, I'll give a hundred dollars to the tip jar; in fact, since I will likely be jumping off the brooklyn bridge if they don't, I may up that contribution significantly to dispose of my estate.

4. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Man, codell, you know if what you said (which I won't repeat) actually comes into reality, I will hunt you down and leave you many angry posts about being superstitious lol

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

On that note, I think we should center the offense around Francis the rest of the way.

(just kidding, Sam)

6. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

You so funny! :D

7. SamFisher

Many men would express such heinous wishes in order to grab a portion of the holdings of my vast empire.

8. Rocketmike

Rocketmike Member

There is no shame in backing your way into the playoffs to be sure, if you're Utah, Portland or Seattle. But I honestly expect more. I look at this team (even with stevie) and can't believe the two teams that show up. Plus if we back our way into the playoffs we're prob out in the first round. But if we somehow get on a roll maybe we can get a few wins.

Mike

9. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

I'll stand by my original offer of $100 if the rockets don't make it, as Rocketmike honourably offered to back up his hastily posted words.

But...as i doubt interest in the site will lapse when the Rockets are in -- and the site shouldn't suffer because the Rockets FINALLY make the playoffs (plus being out of Houston i wont be buying tickets :( ) --i'll also ante up $25 per Rockets win this post season!

Dayum...i love these telethons...

10. daRox

daRox Member

I'm going with Sam. If they don't make the play offs. You can count my $25.00

11. daRox

daRox Member

Sorry, almost forgot something. Since I'm a poor college student from Vietnam, I will only cough up $5.00 for each post season win.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I swear this sentence could have come right from Trader_Jorge!!! :)

13. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

With the exception of the SamFisher leap, Clutch would probably be much happier if the bet amounts were reversed.;)

14. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

hey dont tease clutch by dangling money in front of his face!

I want to reverse this whole thing and say if the Rox make the Playoffs ill donate $25 to the tipjar!

come on lets continue the telethon.

J

*ill also donate $1 for each block Yao gets in the postseason!

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I, for one, would sacrifice one year of playoffs and get your estate for the board so we can get Search back. :D

16. Rocketmike

Rocketmike Member

Tell you what Sam, How about this.. we both contribute our ammounts regardless.... lets just make his a post-a-thon.. I'm sure Jerry will post for us if we tell him our plight. For only the cost of a Snickers bar a day......

Clutch come payday you'll see my money.

Rocketmike

17. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

me too (but i'm not a student anymore)

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Sam, can you leave the marsupial suits to me? Just for old times sake?

I'll pledge $50 if the Rockets make the 6th seed (or higher, if that's even possible).

19. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I'll contribute $20 if the Rockets fulfill this signature below (which I included in November of 2003, yes, I'm going to utter a lot of I-told-you-sos).

20. SamFisher

OK, I'll give 20 if the rockets make the playoffs, 50 if they don't.