1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tip: Don't Lie to Your Recruiter

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Eric Riley, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

http://dealbreaker.com/2009/10/jeffrey-chiang-will-be-receivi.php

This guy's a Longhorn and fellow Houstonian, too. I could swear I know him from somewhere. Click on the link to see the e-mail exchange and his resume. What an idiot!

2. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

You have to be super-careful with job candidates right now because people are REALLY padding their resumes with the job market being soft.

3. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

My favorite thing about his resume may actually be that he has "Fantasy Football" listed as one of his interests.

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

wow that sucks for him i wonder what he may end up doing...go back to school?

its hard for anyone to believe anything on that resume considering he was faking job offers and emails.

its stupid that he did this of course

for every idiot like him there are probably countless recent graduates who cant find a decent job despite their good/great qualifications.

i wonder if this guy will get any job from a firm now that his story and resume are out on the internet. its one thing to lie on a resume (a lot of people pad, stretch the truth) but fabricating job offers?

i wonder though had he spelled America right and if the MS guy didnt know anyone at BofA if he would have gotten the job?

5. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

6. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

On the bright side, he is the first person to ever run a 5k marathon ...

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what a idiot. Putz had potential but being an arrogant douche with a sense of entitlement and the thought that he was smarter than everyone else, got him in trouble.

btw, i think i've seen him at viewing parties at Lucky's

8. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

yeah, i'm sure that impressed them. "Wow...this guy ran 3 miles! He's got dedication and winner written all over him"

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Way to sabotage what looks like pretty good education credentials to bring to an interview.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

So we finally know what happened to Almu!

11. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

A lot of people do that.. usually the recruiter sees it and starts asking you questions about it.

12. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

wonder how much bs was also in there about his summer internships.

oh, and i just realized he ran the 5 k in china. convenient

13. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

well they would probably ask why you put "masterbation" on there...doesnt make it a good idea.

14. kikimama

kikimama Member

Of course they would, they see that and eliminate you from the field. They need to kill time, so why not some small talk.

15. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Don't forget, he also led his intramural football to the championships. Corporate has been looking for a replacement QB for the company picnic after last month's upset.

Also amazing is his demands for Four Season's accommodations.

16. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

According to one of my co-workers who just started here a few months ago out of McCombs undergrad, Jeffrey apparently faked a recommendation letter to Wharton in high school, told everyone he worked at Goldman sophomore year, and told everyone he got into Harvard Business School.

17. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Running a marathon in just 3 miles is a pretty amazing feet. If the finance thing doesn't work out for him I'm sure he can make a name for himself in the science field. They've been trying to work out the whole space/time continuum thing for a while now.

18. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I took a class with that kid my a few years back. He just sat in the corner and was quiet so i can't say much.

That also reminds me, if you arent majoring in something with some actual substantive skill (accounting or finance basically) McCombs was a god damn waste of time. I think the only class I truly value was the one that taught you who to write resumes/cover letters and how to do presentations.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

the guy listed Fantasy Football in the activities after a 5k marathon in China......RED FLAG!!

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!