1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to upgrade the server and get ready for next season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by canoner2002, Oct 22, 2003.

1. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

I can get Clutch a super fast server that can handle this for $850 each.

Dell Poweredge Quad Xeon PIII 1GB RAM

For $500 more I can get him a Powervault 650F 10 x 9.1 for storage

It's not that much really...

http://www.trickycom.com

2. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

I don't post much, but I'm an obsessive lurker.

Thanks for everything, Clutch. Those words sound hollow, trite, a platitude. But they couldn't be more heart-felt. I live in New York City, and without this site I'd be doomed. To parahprase Allen Iverson, ClutchCity.net is "a gift from God." There's so much we take for granted. No fees. No advertisements. No pop-ups. No pressure to sign up for unrelated newsletters. This site is all Rockets, this site is all class.

If I ever have an accident and wind up with a kid, I'll donate my firstborn to you.

Until that day, though, we'll have to make do with the $30 I kicked in last week. Sorry I can't donate more; these are lean times (I'm working part-time, full-time grad student). When I resume my full-time job, I'll contribute something more substantial.

And if you open your door one morning and see a baby in a basket, please name him Rasselas Jr.

Thanks Clutch.

3. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

Is there anyway to have a server watch or something? Say how much money we have donated and what we need to donate for a server. So people can actually see what we have to do.

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I seem to recall the last time this was suggested, it got shot down pretty quick....I cant remember why tho.

Let's just all assume that the need for us to show appreciation in a financial way is always appreciated and needed.

Hell, I imagine more than a few of us pay subscription fees to sites that we dont use near as much as we do this one.

I'm just glad that I was finally able to get out of debt so I could afford to finally give a little.

Big props to everyone that has stepped up so far....

5. Hasher

Hasher Contributing Member

I LOVE this site, check it every day almost. Can't wait for the new look.

6. Hasher

Hasher Contributing Member

Oh, and BTW.. $50.00.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Nice, Hasher. Man, talk about a serious lurker. :D

I still haven't received my Paypal email comfirmation and it hasn't been deducted from my bank account yet. I'm wondering if it went through and I simply used the wrong email address, or if I did something wrong and it didn't go through.

Guess I'll wait until Tuesday to see if it comes out of my account or not. :(

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

id2k,

did you just signup with Paypal?

did you ever get the account verification email?

Try signing into your account and view your history and see what it says.

9. corbe

corbe Contributing Member

ima, I have never had problems with PayPal, been using them for over a year now. I also paid last night and I got my email confirmation this morning. You may want to check your email setting in the profile of your PayPal or check with your wife and make sure she didn't charge up that Credit card past redemption....

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Holy crap, I have a wife?!?!? Sweet!! Is she hot? :D

I'll check when I get home tonight since I don't remember what password I used. I have a feeling I left a letter out of my email address. I do it all the time with that address.

11. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

It's the 10 o'clock hour here in the Central time zone... and I see Hasher has stepped up to the net and donated $50, that's awesome!! Barbourdg, CoinToss and Hasher are now all part of the $50 club. Keep those donations and tips coming and you will not be disappointed.

We have some excellent entertainment on hand for all of you...

Coming up, we have the Amazing Barefoot Pyro, Mr. Hot Hands, doing some fire and chainsaw juggling live from Galveston!!

[​IMG]

So keep those contributions coming and we are now looking for a $50 match to Hasher's donation which was a match to CoinToss's donation which was a match to barbourdg's donation.

Who will step up and join the ranks of those in the elite $50 range? We'll also take donations of any amount, check or paypal, cash is sent to Clutch at your own risk.

I've got some incentive gifts for today only, Friday October 24th... for the next 2 people who donate $50 or more... seriously. I will donate and mail you a Dream Pack. Each pack will contain a 10 card set of various Rockets trading cards of various players from various years, both packs will include a black and silver Hakeem Olajuwon poster (these were given out at the Compaq Center during Hakeem's retirement)! These are in good condition and they will be mailed to you rolled in a tube.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Barbourdg, CoinToss and Hasher email me through the BBS and I will send a Dream Pack to you guys as well... That's a total of 5 Dream Packs!!

If you are one of the next two people who will donate $50 or more to the tip jar today... After you make your pledge and I am able to confirm it with Clutch, I will get the Dream Packs together and mail them to you. This is a total of 5 Dream Packs I am sending out, on my own, without Clutch's knowledge. I'm doing this because I love this site and I would like to share my Rockets memorablia with other fans.

So, the next 2 $50 pledges will get the Dream Pack!

12. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

RockHEAD...

dude...

you f*ckin ROCK!!

remind me to buy all your drinks next time you make it to a viewing party ...

13. Dirk_Diggler

Dirk_Diggler Contributing Member

I just dropped an Andrew Jackson in the tip jar ...

Thx Clutch

14. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

As long as that's all you dropped in there, Dig.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I hadn't given anything to the tipjar, mainly because my wife would be very upset that I have to "pay" to "waste time on that stupid Rockets site." (I'm just quoting.) But yesterday, I decided, "Well, what the heck." And I put in $40.

I like the .02 idea. You put in your .02 (metaphorically) in a post, you put in .02 (literally) in the tipjar. So from now on, every time I hit a post count millennium mark, I'll put in $20.

Hey rH, maybe we should do an annual 3-day fund drive. You know, like what the PBS does. Everybody has nothing to do in the summer other than dreaming up ridiculous trade scenarios anyway.

16. rockHEAD

I don't know why my wife stays with me, as much as a Rockets fan as I am. I am on this site quite a bit and I do pbp in the chat rooms when I can. Those nights that we have games and I'm doing pbp, if I brb, it's usually to tend to the wife or take care of the dogs. I am really glad that she 'puts up' with my obsession. She thinks it's pretty funny that we do pbp on game nights and I try to explain to her that we have fans from all over the world who pop in to the chat room to see how the game's are going. She thinks I'm a freak... and I am...a Rockets Freak!!

I always tell her, "at least you know exactly where I am when the Rockets are playing, I'm in my computer room, not at some bar or out galavanting around"

I praise her for putting up with me!! :)

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I just dropped $40 via paypal.

I owe more due to all my image posting, especially when I was new, but I was too afraid of receiving one of those rockHEAD offers to cross the $50 line. ;)

18. rockHEAD

haha.. now I'm an incentive to donate less than $50??? LOL :D

19. daniel-bfl

daniel-bfl Contributing Member

Since my wife nicknamed me "miser", to be faithful to her, I put in $10, far away from the $50 line.

20. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I just didn't want to let this post slip through the cracks like it seems to have. Did anyone read what he said carefully?

Wow.