1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to upgrade the server and get ready for next season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by canoner2002, Oct 22, 2003.

1. ty185

ty185 Member

haha. I love the .02/post thing... for what I posted so far, I'm going to put up, errr, next to nothing I guess. :D

just tried the paypal thing, and damn it seems I have to wait for 4 days for the expanded user number? :( well, I guess I'll wait for 4 days to put my 5 dollars in then.

again, hats off to clutch and all the crews!

2. jli

jli Member

Can I write a check ?

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

look down at the bottom of my post..click the link in my sig

scroll down to the bottom of the page that comes up.....mailing address for Clutch..

4. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

A $10- Annual Membership fee should have this Organisation solvent by the fifth year!

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

and have the NBA lawyers down on the Crew like flys to cowpatties..

nice try tho...

6. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Not really. I don't hate seeing my post near the top at all. I don't like the subject line though, I wrote the message noting knowing the site is not sponsored by Rox organization. But I am happy to see people response to the post cause it means more donations. I made my 3c per post last night. I hope more people jump in and pay back what we get from Clutch. Just a few bucks per person, a new server will be available there soon.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It's very easy. Take it from me, I used it for the first time last night.

Actually, I still haven't received a comfirmation email like it said I would get. Should I be alarmed? In the space where it says "payment for", I just put my user name. I hope I did it right. :confused:

8. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

Is the NBA that tight on that kinda stuff? I would have never thought....

So what if ClutchCity.net makes a little money? Its just a fan site right? What if they started selling NBA merchandise and made a profit, is that allowed???

Stuart

9. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

It could be done! The Clutch .net needs only to be a non profit organisation , one that pays its expences including its workers but doesn't make a bottom line profit.

10. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

OK, anyone who posts a thread that not too long after has to be locked because it has been a thread at least 4 times before, has to pay a kangaroo court cost of $10.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Hey, $300 for all the entertainment and new friends this site as brought would be a discount! It's coming up with the $300 that's the hard part!

:)

I did send $20, though.

12. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Yeah, I'll be sending a check...

;)

13. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Dude, Yetti, you... don't... understand...

The NBA will shut this site down and not think twice about it, and we'd be SOL. I deal with the NBA (now that I'm working on a few basketball products), and they're 100 times more strict than the NFL. When I went to the NBA HQ and met with some reps, they couldn't even write down any rules and guidelines for us to follow (it's a standard practice), lest they become pinned down and lose the upper hand later on if we bust them on something. No joke. Those guys mean business.

Dave, I donated a five-spot for ya. I'm sure Kagy could use a new mountain bike or something...

14. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I don't think this is Rockets Game Action OR Roster Moves. Move thread?

Anyway... I don't like it when someone says "... going down every time..." but they don't do anything about it. It's like complaining that there is a bad politician in office, when they don't even vote.

15. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Clutch posted in this thread at the beginning, he must have felt this deserve to stay or it would be moved already.

the reason why I think it is still here:
    A lot of noobs dont ever go to the Feedback forum, so in the interest of making sure it is seen and read by a larger audience, it stays.

And I dont see you promising to go do it...I have already, as have at least 6-8 others...what are you going to do?

16. barbourdg

barbourdg Contributing Member

I just dropped $50 in the tip jar, it was long overdue!!!!

17. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

WoooHooo...fnally someone beat mine..

barbour gets the prize...:D

18. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

sweet barbourdog, i know the Clutch Crew thanks you... can anyone match barbourdog's $50??

19. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

oops... sorry...

barbourdg, not dog. my bad. no edit.

20. barbourdg

barbourdg Contributing Member

rochHEAD, thats funny about retracting the barbourdog. When ever I pissed ooff HeyP, he would call me barbourdog. When he temp. switched to crispee, I use to call him Crusty Pants.

Barbourdg is for Barbour Design Group.