1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to Trade Shane Battier.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xhanif143x, May 3, 2008.

1. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Shane is a big reason for the rockets to get 50+ wins in regular season.

BTW, what does your 'crap' mean?

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

I must laugh at the people who say trade Battier because he hasn't done crap but yet they want us to trade him for Josh Howard who didn't do anything in the playoffs.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I would not want Howard and his knuckleheadedness over Shane....but there are some I would trade him for....

DD

4. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He shot over 60% from behind the arc...what more do you want?

5. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

I got an idea...let's trade him for Rudy Gay.

6. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Not sure how I AM the one who is out of touch with reality when I saw the flaw in having a one dimensional player like Battier as soon as the words of the trade were leaving Ric Bucher's mouth on draft night. If Morey "can't get anthing he liked" maybe he is the one out of touch with reality. The reality that they over paid.

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Anyone who wants to trade Shane Battier understands very little about the game of basketball and should not be listened. These people are most likely the same people who voted for Bush. Ignorance should be a sin.

8. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

Chemistry and heart is what that 22 win streak was built on. Did anyone think after Yao went down the Rockets would win another 10, in a row? I didn't think they win 10 for the rest of the season!

Shane was a big part of it. The man was playing hurt. He is considered a top defender. Many on this board though he got jobbed out of DPOY.

Now, add that to being the most accurate 3pt shooter on the team. WFT. If he gets traded, it better be for a legit all-star.

Man this board is nuts.

Now Artest would be interesting but man, it's like trading a 1st class citizen that you would elect to be your major to getting a "made-man" that can at any moment get "sting" and go to sing sing.

BUT IT MAY BE WORTH THE GAMBLE

9. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

As much as most of us like Shane, if this team is going to seriously upgrade the roster, Battier will more than likely HAVE to be moved.

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

if we can get mike miller, then yea, trade him. with mike miller, we have a lot of offense so we can force tmac into the defender role by default (which was what happened in 04-05 and he responded). his individual defense in this series once again proved he's still a superb defender if he's forced into playing that role.

but i would prefer to keep him though. you always love hustle player.

the only really guys i don't want back (simply b/c that means we have improved) are luther and chuck. those 2 guys should never be in a playoff rotation if your team is a championship team.

11. RocketsBoy23

RocketsBoy23 Member

cause he takes like only 3 1 out of 3 aint bad

12. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

KOBE vs Houston

.39 FG%

.25 3p%

Yes he is a Kobe stopper

The only reason he score 33 points is because he shoot a lot and get every single call and phantom call taking 10+FT a game.

13. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Maybe is one of this ppl that say Manu is better than T-Mac.

14. RocketsBoy23

RocketsBoy23 Member

lets trade

Mavericks get:
    luther head
    chuck hayes
    2nd rd pick
    future 1st

Rockets get:
    Jason terry
    jerry stackhouse

15. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

TRADE BATTIER

16. RocketsBoy23

RocketsBoy23 Member

i say lets bring back cuttino mobley for luther head and chuck hayes 2nd round pick

17. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I say you're out of touch because you're holding on to bitter feelings from a trade that was two years ago. I didn't like the trade either - but I'm not going to hold a grudge against either player or management. That doesn't do much to help our present situation. You said he was the most over-rated player - at the time of the trade, you had a pretty good point. Now days? not so much.

And if all he was getting offered was Outlaw + Jack trades, I can't blame him for being hesitant on pulling the trigger. Jack is garbage, and Outlaw just began to emerge as a player this season. We'll see what he does with Shane this off-season.

18. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i wish that would happen. that's killing 2 birds with one stone.

you got a great backup for rafer (and we can play small with him too)
    and you got a backup for tmac.

19. alaskansnowman

Like another poster said, I highly doubt we would get a 3rd scorer in exchange for Battier. It would have to be some kind of package deal most likely in order to get a legitimate 3rd scorer option.

I'm in favor of trading him if we can get the right deal coming along. I always thought we needed some more dynamic offensive players in the starting lineup. Somehow Battier, who is a quick enough to be a great defender, seems to be as slow as molasses on offense. Inexplicable haha.

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The "Win Now" piece at the expense of lottery pick still has the Rockets at first round.

Honestly, this time around I didn't expect Rockets to make the second round, but I was expecting Shane to contribute a lot more, especially since Yao was down and Rockets were desperately looking for help elsewhere.

You don't spend your lottery pick on a Bruce Bowen type player and Shane isn't even as good as Bruce Bowen.