1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to trade Jalen Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Nov 28, 2023.

1. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

He'll be fine, I hope. He's been pretty bad these last few games, but It'd feel very uncomfortable to just give up on him while he's still so young. Really rooting for the kid to succeed. However, I noticed his body language was kind of off this game. A lot of standing around/no cutting. He really needs to be more active when the ball isn't in his hands. Maybe we should try using him differently on offense, idk. Even then, he was still blowing some easy layups. He's gotta step up and be consistent. I'm confident he will get there.

snowconeman22, delta69er and kubli9 like this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Lmao nobody is trading a first round pick for the right to pay this bust a huge contract.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  3. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

He needs to be more D-Wade and less Curry. Cut down on the threes and attack the basket relentlessly.

kubli9 and Carpe82 like this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

5. astros123

astros123 Member

We can get a first

DaDakota likes this.
  6. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

When I watch him shoot, I feel part of the problem is that he never looks stable when shooting. He is always fading or drifting which affects his consistency. This isn't even taking into account that his mechanics aren't great.

7. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

How do you envision that happening? The best shooters in the league were excellent shooters pretty much from day dot. No amount of training is going to turn him from a below average shooter to one of the best in the league.

arabrocket likes this.
  8. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Trading Green is silly. Honestly I trust whatever Ime wants to do with him, but of anyone on our team he's definitely seeing the biggest adjustment from the way we played last year. It's only been 20 games, and I don't think his trade value is particularly high. I think trading him would be a mistake. I see people calling for more Tari, although I don't really see Tari as a SG. I do support more minutes for Tari but his minutes would probably come from Brooks or Tate.

I really would like for Cam Whitmore to be brought up and see what he looks like off the bench. We saw Danuel House put up Lebron James numbers in the G league so I'll never overreact to that again, I have to see it against NBA players. But IF we get Cam Whitmore up to the big boy squad, and if he continues to impress, I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a larger role at SG.

arabrocket likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I guess it was Time to bench Green......after all.

They had guys like Vince Williams and Roddy coming in lol.

#789 daywalker02, Dec 13, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2023
    xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  10. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

Currently, there's not a good trade market for SGs... we'll have to ride it out with Jalen until a good opportunity becomes available to upgrade that position.

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. Holybats

Holybats Member

He has no trade value. Smilar to KPJ when we traded him.

The Cleveland Cavaliers have traded 2019 first-round pick Kevin Porter Jr. to the Houston Rockets for a heavily protected future second-round pick, it was announced Friday.

Sent him to second unit and give less minutes.

12. invocux

invocux Member

When he jumps he doesn't move straight up into the air he slightly goes to left or right, his release point is still lower than i like it to be, still opens his legs up in the air like a slut (Amen does that too). His shooting form is broken into pieces. Bringing the pieces together is either impossible or will take at least 3-4 years and nobody has that patience even the diehard Jalen fans. We want these kids to grow together. If he's following Jabari and Sengun 3 years from behind then we should either get a guy who is on their level or someone who will catch up to them sooner than Jalen will. I don't even want the worlds from them just a reliable 3pt shooter. Someone like Malik Monk or Trent Jr.

13. marinara

marinara Member

Lol what

14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Jalen by himself has little trade value but he could be inserted into a package to sweeten a deal. The guy just got benched in back to back games against two of the worst teams in the NBA. I doubt he gets traded, but it’s just fun to talk about. Best outcome would be for him to actually become a good player, but I don’t see that happening either.

Either way I think within a year or so he’ll have played himself off the team or out of the rotation.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Maybe a pick in the late 20’s that won’t matter. Nothing more.

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I don’t question Stone for drafting Green. It was the upside bet vs the safe bet with Mobley. But I do blame stone for putting Jalen in a terrible developmental situation his first 2 years. Now we’ve got a lot invested in a player who is behind developmentally, lacks high BBall IQ; a confidence player whose confidence is shot. If he can’t play through this challenging time, he’s not mentally tough to hack it. I applaud the tough love Ime is showing him. Jalen is just gonna have to dig his way out and prove himself. He needs to earn his spot; no more coddling.

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

18. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Yes, but that would only happen in absurd situations as in harden’s case. Overall, especially in the long run, win shares is mostly a distribution of approximate wins to players. I think the main caveats with win shares are:

- it is most useful to compare players within the same team
    - second best is to compare players with similar winning records
    - cannot be used to evaluate players on bad teams because those teams have so many bad things going on, it is hard to identify who is doing well. Even if you are doing things right, it might have no effect on court or win shares.

as for green, regardless of any comparison, his .7 win shares is underwhelming for a starter who is expected to be a good scorer.

Corrosion likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I agree and there is nothing relentless about his body.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I question every scout to overlook someone like Scottie Barnes and Franz Wagner.