1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to trade Jalen Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Nov 28, 2023.

1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

So what?

He does things with the ball in his hands that Prime James Harden couldn't do...What exactly does that mean or amount to? You taking Jalen over prime Harden because Jalen can make a few wow plays every now and then?

NBA history and present is littered with athletic freaks that can do things not many other players could do but didn't equate to winning basketball.

And I think you have a misconception about no one being able to create offense. FVV creates more offense than JG and it's really not that close. Even Aaron Holiday is generating more offense on a per minute basis.

Jalen is not the offensive battery you think he is.

#601 xtruroyaltyx, Dec 12, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2023
  2. invocux

invocux Member

Lenin said "There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen."

This team was his playing ground for 2 years and nobody said anything. It took Ime quarter of a season to bench his ass and it's only the beginning. I'm hearing the echoes of the footsteps of the impending revolution.

3. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Knowing Tillman, if Jalen's traded, he'll get salary dumped for multiple firsts.

4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Rockets should be trying to put together something that moves Jalen out along with other assets to get Anunoby. Not sure if that's even possible but I can dream.

DaDakota, evo8lover, bluffkin and 2 others like this.
  5. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I don't know what Jalen's role on the team is yet. He's a scorer, but he doesn't have go to spots or moves. He isn't a spot up shooter and average in isolation. When he's the main ballhandler I'm not confident he'll be able to break down his defender or make the right pass. FVV is a less efficient scorer than Jalen but his role as a playmaker and shooter is much more consistent. It's the lack of consistency that kills me. The number of times Jalen has scored 25+ one game and then dropped down to about 10 points with nothing else the next game is ridiculous.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  6. kspires999

kspires999 Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t think Anunoby is a great fit. He is more of a forward than combo guard. His skills would overlap with Tari and Bari rather than giving the Rockets a better SG. I see him as redundant.

BaselineFade, cbass, CarlosGM and 5 others like this.
  7. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

While I'm not ready to sell off Green for a bag of chips, this has been a frustrating start to his 3rd season.

His shooting percentages are actually in line with his first two years and his rebounds are up, but he doesn't look anywhere close to a cornerstone going forward. Points are obviously down. He looks more like a guy off the bench who might ocasionally catch fire and pour in 20-25 a handful times per season, but averages around 10-12 regularly, on low shooting percentages. I had hoped having another offseason to work and a coach who can run sets (and a PG who can feed him), there would have been some noticeable growth. The only thing I notice is inconsistency. Watching Cam Whitmore's G league highlights, I'm way more excited about his all around game and future with this team. Jalen is just super quick around the court, but nothing else has clicked yet. There's still time, but it's starting to appear like this is the type of player he is.

#607 Bryant2108, Dec 12, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2023
    evo8lover likes this.
  8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

He can shoot and defend.

He would be a great fit.

bluffkin likes this.
  9. Risingred

Risingred Member

This may be a dumb trade and I didn't look at the salary match. What do you guys think if we trade Green for Caruso and a 1st? We can start him or Tari based on matchups and Caruso is a more reliable defender than Green.

10. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

We can slot Brooks at the 2

FVV/Brooks/OG/Bari/Sengun is a solid defensive team

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  11. kspires999

kspires999 Member
    Supporting Member

I understand why people like Anunoby. I just look at the Rockets roster and think we need the good version (or a better version from another team) of Jalen Green. I see OG as a split between Tari and Bari. We have that already. If you trade Green, I would want a self creating scorer in return - or another big if you think other players could slide down to the 2.

xtruroyaltyx and bluffkin like this.
  12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Jalen has good games and bad games so he's highly inconsistent. He needs to find his consistency which I am willing to give him for the rest of the season to do so. There is no sense trading Jalen right now. Rockets are already ahead of schedule, the goal for this season should be to make the playoffs which we are on track to do. Let Jalen have one year where he is actually coached and see what happens post ASG.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I think we're going to see good things from Amen (the next Magic, well, I won't jump to hyperbole yet).

As for Harden, no, he has no more bridges to burn, and he's playing in his hometown for an owner who....I don't know your age, Hemingway, but did you ever see the old Warner Bros cartoons (the ones that they won't air anymore: Bugs, Daffy, Porky Pig, Road Runner, Pepe le Pew?) The old gray-haired lady who owned Tweety Bird, the lady coming into a fortune and constantly feeding the roaring fireplace with stacks of money next to her recliner ("money to burn")? That's Steve Ballmer.

14. dmoneybangbang

So sell low? What’s your trade proposal then? OG is going to be a free agent next season and we already have several wings.

15. Prince_Hakeem

Prince_Hakeem Member

Omg this nonsense again?

Thank god none of you are running the team.

16. dmoneybangbang

Selling low is just an emotional panic move.

You won’t hear me arguing that Jalen hasn’t been disappointing but some of y’all are just way too predictable….

KPJ vs Green
    Green vs Cam

17. evo8lover

evo8lover Member

Who would ya like to trade Jalen for? Curious. I’ve seen OG A from the raptors but who else?

18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Id take any player at any position that could consistently provide good starter level play tbh.

When the Raptors won their ring with Kawhi they had a bunch of guys who were forward type players.

But that aside, OG has been starting at SG and playing well.

Theres 0 chance the raptors could offer me OG for Jalen and id say no.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nothing has changed, Jalen still has no trade value whatsoever so he won't be traded.

He should probably be benched, but that's a different story

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member