1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to trade Jalen Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Nov 28, 2023.

1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Jalen Green over reaction is getting ridiculous.

Jalen Green I don't think fits with Fred VanVleet. Fred VanVleet was terrible in shooting 3 Pointers again and doesn't set up Jalen for open shots or look for him in fast breaks.

Fred VanVleet I think will be traded in the Future once Amen Thompson establishes himself and fits more with Jalen.

Amen Thompson and Jalen Green fit perfectly together.

Many Guards have struggled in the beginning of their Careers like Stephen Curry playing behind Monta Ellis. Monta Ellis got traded for Andrew Bogut. Who fits better with Curry. Drafted Thompson, Draymond. Traded for Igoudala.

Stephen Curry, Devin Booker, Jamal Murray, Zach Lavine all struggled in the beginning of their Careers.

#41 rockets1995, Nov 28, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
    Dobbizzle, Bo6 and IVFL like this.
  2. IVFL

IVFL Member

I would not know, I live in Idaho and there are no other Rockets fans here. This is all I got. Agree on the toxicity, there is a reason I have been on here for over 20 years and have this few posts. The vast majority of which are not in the GARM.

peleincubus and Roomba like this.
  3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Another thread where half the posts will look silly down the road.
    But dont let me stop you.
    Some of you must just like looking like fools.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  4. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Rockets love to sink assets into the wrong players. They put KPJ ahead of the team and he's gone. They are now putting Green ahead of the team, eventually he will be gone. They put Sengun on the back burner behind Wood, Theis and Bruno.

Cam will be a better player than KPJ.

Entropy likes this.
  5. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

When the team gets better, the overreaction threads appear after every loss :confused:

Dobbizzle likes this.
  6. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Even if yall dont believe in Jalen Green, you gotta at least believe in Ime enough to give him a chance to set Jalen straight. The things Ime has done with this team are incredible. Trust in Ime.

slothy420, Y2JT, Dobbizzle and 11 others like this.
  7. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

They don't, neither are projecting to be average shooters.

Also its tough to call this thread an overreaction. It's year 3, he clearly lacks fundamentals and got by on athleticism

maypk and Richie_Rich like this.
  8. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I can get behind this, it will take Jalen a couple years to work on his fundamentals

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, he is not a shooter, because by Year 3 you at least would have a season where you shot over 36% if he were to be a good shooter.

bluffkin likes this.
  10. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Lol I'll be happy to eat crow, winning fixes everything.

But for now Jalen ain't it

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

He’s not getting traded any time soon. But you’d be crazy not to listen. This is not an untouchable franchise player.

12. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Jalen Green sucks and everyone with eyes knows it, he has no value!

Let's trade him!

Pick one.

13. OnlyRockets

OnlyRockets Member

Man, you hit the nail on the head with that. It's like some folks have a beef with Jalen that's more than what's happening on the court. Let’s keep it a hundred here; basketball is a team sport, right? No single dude, not even someone with the talent of Jalen, is making or breaking the game alone. Dude was out there hustling, banking shots with better accuracy than FVV, who’s no slouch, and keeping the turnover count lower than Alpi, who is not passing the ball and can't score, And his plus/minus? Only Tari was outdoing him there. So why's all the shade getting thrown at him like he's the villain here?

For real, seems like some folks been sipping on that haterade, focusing solely on one guy when it's the whole squad that lost. It's a team effort, through and through. Peeps gotta remember what team spirit is, cheering for the whole crew, not just picking favorites. It loses something when it's all about one player rather than the full squad, you feel me?

And yeah, the ref situation — that's another level of frustration. A "starless" team’s gotta work twice as hard to earn that respect on the court, especially on the road. Every call seems to go the way of the home team, meaning the guys gotta bring their A-game and then some, just to get a fair shake. Those last road games? Classic examples. The team's gotta be up by double digits so the ref factor becomes a non-factor. But you already know all this.

Keep the faith, my friend. They’ll figure it out. It's all about grinding it out together as a team. They'll earn that respect, one win at a time. #TeamSpirit

rockets1995 and Dobbizzle like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

People that anoint players as franchise players that early are just bored......

15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

It's embarrassing it's year three... and these are the only only outcomes for Jalen Green:

- horrible shooting night and looks like he doesn't even belong in the G League

- high scoring on high shot attempts and looks like he doesn't even belong in the G League

- his horrible shooting form is on and he hits a lot of shots and he looks good

It's extremely frustrating that the first and second happen much more frequently then the third.

His defense in the third quarter tonight was absolutely putrid.

His handles are woeful - he is in year 3 right and not a rookie? Sorry just had to check because usually there's some improvement.

The guy is the same today as he was when he came into the league.

I hope to god he is not a Rocket after his rookie contract.

fattz and Entropy like this.
  16. Downtown Sniper

Good block.

Funny thing is it's a 48 minute game. His defense is needed the entire game.

Not whatever he was doing in the third quarter. Must've thought his old mate KPJ was there with him with his matador defense.

17. Downtown Sniper

There's a lot less people on Clutchfans falling for the PoTeNtIaL nonsense.

18. plegus

plegus Member

Another burner, I wonder who are banned to make alt accounts.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  19. Rustyrig

Rustyrig Member

I am most grateful for this thread, now I have a ready made list of idiots to block...Thanks!

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Always nice to see new anti green folks and returning ones come out of their hole like downtown and double d to btch about green when we lose.

the guy is the same today as he was when he came into the league.
    Such a stupid comment if u think year 1 green is the same as year 3, but keep on hating

I chalk up double d negativity on him pining for kpj

Dobbizzle likes this.