1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to trade Jalen Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Nov 28, 2023.

1. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Trade?

fattz likes this.
  2. IVFL

IVFL Member

Okay, thanks for your well thought out insight. Thanks for going deep there.

cbass and HD729 like this.
  3. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

And is scared to attack the rim. Get him outta here.

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen is seen through a different lense, so posters are reasonably frustrated. He is a number 2 pick and they are hoping for a superstar that can carry us to wins, not just a role player.

He has been inconsistent this year thus far. Today's game was a big game for a young team and Jalen had a subpar game. It's legit criticism. I'm patient and I am not ready to hit the eject button yet but I can understand why some are. His shot doesn't look great and he still has trouble with his handles and getting to the rim.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Idiotic thread

Rustyrig and HD729 like this.
  6. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

It's a good thing we have a coach that emphasizes his weaknesses. Giving up on Green before a full year with Udoka seems silly. I'd rather get poor value for him in a few years than trade him away before seeing what Udoka can turn him into.

Rustyrig, lakersuck2 and harold bingo like this.
  7. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

Sengun looks like a star in less than a full year with Udoka. Jabari is coming along as well. Jalen looks scared at times on the court.

8. Holybats

Holybats Member

Currently he has all time low trade value.

fattz and Rvo384 like this.
  9. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

If Jalen has a bad game against Denver tomorrow I'm afraid some posters may actually have an aneurysm.

or maybe a couple more knee-jerk threads will pop up

10. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

It’s year 3 there are no more excuses.

11. invocux

invocux Member

He's a streaky shooter because his shooting form isn't ideal, not strong enough to absorbe the contact and finish. His handles are average for his size. He's not mentally strong enough i mean he has too many flaws to be a star. We absolutely should get rid of him as soon as we can. He's at best slightly better version of Jordan Clarkson. Do not listen to those stat nerds who will tell you b.b.b.b.b.bb.but he already averages more than JC in his 7th season his ts% is 0.051211612 higher than X's TS%. Do not listen those r****ds you just listen to me, man. Progression isn't linear in bb. You can look good in your sophomore season and never improve this **** happens all the time. Last season same people were telling you how he was on Ant trajectory. He looks far worse than year 3 Ant.

12. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Sengun was a pro long before he even got to the Rockets and Jabari is being asked to do a lot less than Jalen. I'm not sure Jalen will ever get better but I am sure it's ridiculous not to see what Udoka can get out of him with time unless a Green trade is bringing back an all star level player.

Rustyrig and harold bingo like this.
  13. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

Whats the difference between year 1 Jalen and now this Jalen?

14. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Don't get me wrong, I want him to play better as well and I'm very frustrated at his end-of-game lapses, which he's had far too many of already this season.

That said, I've seen improvement this season as well, and that's more than I can say for last year.

I don't know if Jalen will be our answer at SG, but from a biased perspective I'd certainly like him to be. Our timeline doesn't need to be accelerated just because we're winning more games than we expected so far into the season.

BUT I do understand why some people are very low on him. I just happen not to be.

Corrosion likes this.
  15. IVFL

IVFL Member

I am just shocked at how quickly some posters are owed perfection from certain players. The Rockets are playing good basketball and instantly after ever loss its not enough. I am guessing all these guys complaining did not watch a single game last year. They are just a bunch of bandwagoners jumping on and flying off the handle. Jalen, Jabari, and Alpri are young players that now have structure. I did not expect them to be this far along, pretty excited for the season. They are going to get better and we are already a tough tough out. But some non contributing zeros think that's not enough; they need it all RIGHT NOW. So annoying to see it littered all over the GARM.

We have 67 more games to play and they are acting like there are 4 games left in the regular season and we are 1 game out of the final playoff spot. Spoiler alert, this team is still gelling, we are not playing our best basketball at all. Defense is great but the offense overall is behind and up and down, that's normal. It takes time to get guys on the same page. That's why we keep having dry spells in our games where the offense dies off. Its not a one guy thing its a whole team thing. Just like one guy did not win or lose this game tonight. There are so many plays that result in a loss. Not 1 or 2, to think that 1 or 2 plays caused a team to lose just shows how limited some peoples knowledge of the game is.

Roomba likes this.
  16. Dredd

Dredd Member

Sign KPJ for road games, Jalen and him can paint each others nails in the hotel room. I promise you his brudder will bring his game back.

DaDakota likes this.
  17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This is good advice but keep in mind these are some really emotional drama queens. It's going to be hard to get through to them when you think about what they're doing here. We just lost to one of the best teams in the NBA on the road by a small margin and Jalen Green had a bad game. Of course he's going to be inconsistent and have some bad games early in this season. That was always going to be part of him having a good season.

Sengun is ahead of schedule which is great but Jalen and Jabari are improving at a totally normal rate. Sengun is the exception here, not the rule. It will take 20-30 games for them to find their place in winning/team basketball. Since game 2 we've had so many people overreacting to every great or terrible Jalen game as though it defines everything. Udoka said it will take time to change habits. I'm telling you it scientifically takes time to change habits. If you don't take this into consideration, you're going to systematically piss yourself off for a little while longer.

Yes that's a bad game from Jalen but it's still early in the season and this was bound to happen. Let's see if he can put together a longer streak of good games. This is still game 14 or something and he's looked better every week. Even if you want to trade him, his value couldn't be lower than it is now and it will be higher later in the season. Just re-adjust the timing of your expectations. What you were expecting in game 1, move it to game 30. Will make your life a lot easier.

Bo6, Richie_Rich, glenadyll and 4 others like this.
  18. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I think we're all glad that us fans literally have 0 bearing on our team's decisions.

Otherwise, Jalen, Alpi, Bari and Jae'sean would all be gone by now, and FVV would've been traded after the first game.

My thinking has always been, **** I can't influence the team's decisions anyway, so why not just be chill about everything

19. IVFL

IVFL Member

Yeah, I am just glad we have a team that gets after it night after night. It feels like we can win every game. HUGE improvement from the last 3 years. I guess I am just disappointed that fans are not more into it. Bunch of guys trying to prove they have all the answers. . . . . . Just enjoy the ride, its been an entertaining season. We are going to win more than we lose this year.

BaselineFade, Rustyrig and Roomba like this.
  20. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Not sure if us posters on ClutchFans can really represent the entirety of the Rockets fanbase--we're a notoriously toxic bunch, which is why it took me so long to join even though I've been lurking since like 2006.

I think the average fan on the street is definitely very pleased about the team's development...and probably a little more patient too.