1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to tank for Zion

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mario_v, Nov 10, 2018.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Im not sure what are you arguing here? They arent tanking dude, they are just that bad haha. Man you really dont know basketball. Yea if they were playing like then they were now(which was bottom in both offense and defense) than he woudlnt have made a difference. Tucker isnt some scrub bro, the fact that no one, not our GM, not our coach and not our best players didnt want to make that trade shows you how important he is and I dont regret not trading him. But for the last time the trade was for EG AND Tucker not just one. I don’t know why I have to keep telling you this. All you see is star player and have no idea how they fit or about team chemistry. No basketball knowledge whatsoever.

No, the east is trash. No Kobe’s team was trash. Our team is not, we are good. Dude do you not watch basketball at all? Do you know we still haven’t had a healthy roster yet? Good lord. If you watched the games you would see guys contributing and that they aren’t trash. Harden is an MVP yes but we have guys who can play, see GS win without Harden.

Well then you aren’t that bright because their seed is like the very oppposite of fringe playoff team. A mediocre team doesn’t get 2nd in offensive efficient. Not to mention you aren’t mentioning the injuries omg. That’s the reason Harden even had to play like that.

Air Canada likes this.
  2. macan

macan Member

this thread is a level below that trade Harden thread

BigMaloe, dreamshakin, lnchan and 3 others like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

This guy clearly doesn’t even watch our team. It’s very obvious and I’m sorry I even wasted my time arguing ugh.

BigMaloe and RyanB like this.
  4. biff17

biff17 Member

Since when is 50 wins considered a mediocre playoff team?

Just admit you made a busted thread instead of trying to tell us this is a mediocre playoff team.

2nd best record since Nov or when you created this wack thread.

Yes you definitely have a problem admitting you were wrong.

HP3 likes this.
  5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I don't think I cast anyone (specifically myself) as a saint. Sure frustrations can get the best of us at times but calling for a tank job (and passionately doing so by creating a thread about it) when we were:

1. Only 11 games into the season (if this was football, it's akin to calling for a tank job after Week 2 or about 20 games into a baseball season)
    2. And the West, at that time, was so tightly packed in terms of W-Ls

Is it bit much, no? Added to that is the fact that the OP is still, in some way or form, defending his position for calling for a tank. This doesn't include the additional wrinkle that the worst record no longer gets the highest probability to get the #1 pick.

HP3, BaselineFade and YOLO like this.
  6. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Can we still tank?
    I wanted Zion here

dreamshakin and burlesk like this.
  7. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Here he would have his own PEAK shoes

8. eman

eman Contributing Member

I fear another Anthony Bennett, or even Royce White-level, disappointment. (Bennett's only 25, so there's still hope for him, I guess.) Not sure how long his body can endure those crazy hops & landings, and his shot is broke.

burlesk likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Luv the way this forum has been and still is. We can talk about virtually anything. I tend to agree with what you said.

To be honest, I dun feel offended as some of those guys are, when tanking is proposed.

It's a concept that will probably never happen under this GM or owner. I am just open to talk about it, that is all.

Do I feel that multiple threads of tanking is annoying? Hell yeah.

HP3 and steddinotayto like this.
  10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I prefer we put the spotlight more on the acquisition of DMo's fish tank:

My friend just bought D-Mo’s fish tank [Pic]

lnchan, HP3 and Game7 like this.
  11. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

I'll take a 5/1 TO ratio any day

BigMaloe and BaselineFade like this.
  12. theimpossibles1

Zion is the kind of player that even the championship team might look back and say... "Man I wish we sucked in 2018/19"

13. mario_v

mario_v Member

It's mediocre when the goal is to win championships, but I guess you're happy just making the playoffs. This team isn't very good, and the fact that harden has to average nearly 40 ppg just to stay afloat proves my point. You're delusional if you think cp3 hasn't lost a step, he clearly isn't the same player he was last season. That's why I was so adamant about trading for butler, knowing that chris paul is not the same player he was last year.

When I made this thread, I've never once blamed or criticized harden, I blamed the team, mainly cp3. Look at the first post in this thread. I said they were a 50 win team just because of harden, in spite of his team. He's done it before in previous seasons. Why is this hard for you to understand? Just look at LeBron, he's been averaging nearly a triple double and they're still considering tanking.

The cavs made the finals last year. I guess by your definition they were a championship contender too lol..

The only thing I'll admit to is being amazed of harden averaging 36.5 ppg this season. Just when I think harden has peaked, he takes his game to another level.

14. theimpossibles1

Mario_v with the classic 'captain going down with his his ship' thread.

BigMaloe and steddinotayto like this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

This dude probably doesn’t even watch basketball.

16. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Harden had to do that because this team was injury riddled.... Healthy they've been playing great ball... The team is damn good when healthy... 9-2 against the top five teams... And currently the hottest team in the league.

You're delusional... You said he was washed... He's far from it... Man has been playing very well since returning.

No comparison... The Leastern Conference is much weaker... ESPECIALLY LAST YEAR... That was one of the worst conferences in years.

The Rockets are in a superior conference... Consistently beating top teams... And now have a legit chance at the ship if they stay healthy.

17. Garner

Garner Member

This aged well

jamisonrocket and HP3 like this.
  18. biff17

biff17 Member

Ok so you are just gonna continue to defend this wack thread.

More power to you.

19. HROZ

HROZ Member

This aged well......

20. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I think I read this thread back when it started and thought it was ridiculous then. What makes it epic is to come back when the rockets are playing as well as anyone in the league, Harden is having an MVP worthy year, ,they're peaking at the right time and watching the OP still trying to defend the idea we should be tanking. I love this place.