1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to tank for Zion

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mario_v, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

fukkin harden breh! ruined our chances of drafting zion.

BigMaloe and FLASH21 like this.
  2. mario_v

mario_v Member

You lack some common sense so I’ll just break it down for you so you can understand.

I wanted them to tank. Did I think they were going to actually do it? No. Just like I wanted the Texans to sign Kareem hunt, even though I knew that was never going to happen, it was just wishful thinking.

3. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

[​IMG]
    tImE to TAnk fOR zIoN
    [​IMG]

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I know. Exactly. Same with Lakers. Without Lebron, they wouldn't even come close to making the playoffs.

...oh, wait

James.B.H, BigMaloe, Theking and 2 others like this.
  5. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

I made a chart of the Rockets regular season win/loss progression.

Enjoy.
    [​IMG]

6. HP3

HP3 Member

It was a bad idea either way lol. Do you know how stupid it is to say let’s tank when you have one of the best offensive players of all time on your team. And your other arguments are bogus too. If you took away everyone’s best player they would be way worse. But even then your argument doesn’t make sense cause we’ve had so many injuries and that’s why Harden has to average 40 for awhile.

My dude Just admit you were wrong admit the tanking was a bad idea. Don’t double down on your bad idea.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

who the hell bumped this thread :rolleyes: it was a bad thread in November, and it's a bad thread now

BigMaloe, King1, chimera34 and 3 others like this.
  8. Game7

Game7 Member

Its time to tank this thread for CF.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Nah I want @mario_v to keep this same energy. It's obviously turned our season around.

BigMaloe, chimera34, HP3 and 4 others like this.
  10. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

This is the king of all knee jerk threads that ever existed.

steddinotayto likes this.
  11. mario_v

mario_v Member

Is it as stupid as lakers tanking when they have LeBron James, the supposed the best player in the league? Shut up cause you're the same idiot that said in november that "trading for butler wouldn't had made a difference because they would still be bad team." This guy would rather keep a role player like tucker over butler lol.

Let me guess, I bet you thought that last year's cavs were a good team too right? "But they made the finals, so they must be a great team!" Were they a great team or were they just carried by Lebron? What about Kobe in 05-06? Were his teams any good? No. He simply carried his team to the playoffs.

I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, but this is not the case in this situation, cause at the end of the day, nothing has changed. They are still the same mediocre team that they were back in November. I said back in November, rockets were a fringe playoff seed, which they've been all season and for me, I'd rather tank than be a mediocre playoff team like the 15-16 season. It took super human god like performance from harden to carry his team to the 3rd seed. That's a credit to harden, for refusing to lose, not the team.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol a horrendous thread that's gotten owned and the op can't even admit his wrongs. its pretty simple but yeah that's why you're a terrible poster. you absolutely contribute to bringing down the quality of this board with embarrassing posts compiled in this thread

you could easily own up to the thread. take some harmless jabs because they're warranted based on your cringe worthy takes and eventually move on. But nah, your logic is to double down and continue lol. awesome logic. guess this won't be going anywhere anytime soon. by all means, carry on with all that pouting of yours in the corner

#92 YOLO, Mar 7, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    BigMaloe, HP3 and cmlmel77 like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Would have been Moses Hardin and Mount Zion. Biblical.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

unfortunately hardin doesn't believe in prophecies. he is ruining our cheap organization

15. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

From 'grammar' to 'logic' to 'civility' this might be the single worst post in the history of the GARM. Yes, I know that is a high bar, but, as Harden has shown, sometimes the modern guys can reach the heights of the legends that preceded them.

16. mario_v

mario_v Member

Like I said before, I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. I thought melo was actually going to be good on this team lol. I was wrong on that one.

Look at the first post on this thread, In NOVEMBER, I said cp3 was washed up, which he's certainly lost a step, and I said they were a 50 win team, which currently they have 39 wins, on pace for 50. Now, tell me, was I wrong? If harden averaged his usual 28 ppg, this team wouldn't be where theyre at now.

If you don't like what I got to say, then do yourself a favor and block me, cause I'm not a homer like you. I'm not going to sugarcoat things for you and tell you all the good things you want to hear.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

cp3 washed up? guess your definition of washed up is completely different from everyone else's. and no that's not a good thing on your part

I don't respond to most of what you post because that would take all day. But stuff like this cringeworthy thread, yeah I'm gonna let you know how dumb and stupid it was and still is

So because people that think logically and with reason, they get labeled as homers. classic no substance response. that's some of the worst thinking and as simple minded as it gets. its not everyone else's fault they dont succumb to knee jerks and the irrational thinking displayed in here. that's more of a personal issue

HP3 likes this.
  18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

In a season where different statistical models are predicting the Warriors will finish 1st in the West with 56-58 wins, a 50-win season by the Rockets isn't that bad. The West this year is just more brutal than years past and EVERY Western Conference team has holes/flaws.

I don't think anyone is arguing that tanking a season is a bad idea...it's the fact that the idea was proposed on November 10th, 2018 ELEVEN games into the season is where the confusion and skepticism comes in. I mean, right after November 10th the team went on a 5 game winning streak.

HP3 likes this.
  19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

IDK guys... I may need to get my vision checked but......

This does NOT have any semblance of a 'fringe' playoff team to me.

upload_2019-3-7_12-12-43.png

BigMaloe and BaselineFade like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Tanking ain't that easy with a relatively talented roster, an MVP and a former MVP caliber player.

It also needed long term commitment.

People just suggested it but it was never in the cards for Morey and the owner, even when they had that bad record.

We just said some things out of frustration early on, we ain't no saints.