1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to split the GARM clutch?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by jtr, Mar 29, 2014.

1. jtr

jtr Member

And I see that you started the infamously bad "Fire McHale" thread. I am not surprised. Feel good about that one do we? Are you just a no content troll? Just asking. Looking back over your posting history there seems little that I personally would want to hang my hat on.

2. jbasket

jbasket Member

Well, the thread is really meh. It is too broad. I read it and was thinking "so what?"

You said the motion offense is 4 guys on the perimeter and one guy in the paint: honestly, who doesn't know that?

The most "informative" threads are specific. Bima talks Cap for one player, Clutch is god, HMMMHMM does specific sets in plays. Shameless plug, but I did threads on defensive mistakes per ONE game for a whole thread. Analytical threads should be clear, have a chart/graph, precise, and a tl;dr section. You are welcome.

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Iunno, I thought you were a decent poster with more knowledge on specific plays than a lot of posters.

But when I read that one thread where you insist on the Rockets don't run set plays and was being really condescending to everyone in the thread, I stopped reading your threads in general.

Now you start a thread complaining about people not reading your threads, good lord lol

4. heypartner

heypartner Member

/this

jtr

You're not nearly as smart as me at pointing out Rockets plays.both offense defense fastbreak and in bounds

How's that for condenscending.

You use stats to call yourself superior. Just feel lucky that I no longer have time to post threads in the GARM and spend time creating posts like you, becuase I would be dismantling your drivel threads and owning the bball play discussion as always since 1999

Oh, and btw, McHale is the best Inbounds play coach the rockets have ever had, including Adelman

HA!

GO ROCKETS

heypee coming to live in Houston for a month. Playoffs baybee

5. jtr

jtr Member

Sigh. It is all about terminology isn't it? From my viewpoint a set play requires an offense to call it, set it up, and then run it. And they get absolutely nowhere because the defense is all over it. Welcome to the modern NBA.

I personally have no idea what your definition of a set play is. I would love to be enlightened.

In the R&R, offenses never run set plays. The head coach sits over there on the bench with his hands folded over his head, just like my mental image of game time McHale. In practice offenses are coached to recognize what defenses are giving them and exploit it. It really is that simple. Plays develop naturally from game time flow.

6. jtr

jtr Member

I personally would love if you could free up some spare time to school me. Give it a shot. Many have threatened something like that. And if I learn from it I personally will thank you.

BTW. Calling timeouts to set up offensive plays is about the worst thing a NBA head coach can do.

7. heypartner

heypartner Member

Yeah. Good luck me caring about your condenscending threads when you say stupid basketball stuff like this next quote

Stupid comments like this is why you will never see a reply from me in any of your condescending threads

You're not worthy

8. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Notice he didn't say he called a timeout to call a play.

9. jtr

jtr Member

Do you really think I would have posted a comment like that if I could not back it up from a reputable source? Just asking. The stats are absolutely clear on the time out stuff. It benefits defenses much more than it benefits offenses.

10. jtr

jtr Member

11. heypartner

heypartner Member

See. This is what is ,,, uh ,,, thinking of words ,,, this is where you simply don't have a clue how to interpret knowledge. You seek info that shocks ppl.

Dude. No matter what your interpretation of stats say. A coach calling a timeout to advance the ball and call an inbounds play is no "the dumbest thing an NBA coach can do"

Exaggerate much?

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am beginning to suspect that jtr has some of the similar mental issues like Royce White. Somehow nothing can get into his skull when people try to give him well-intentioned advice, and he always blames any problem on other people, never on himself. In his little mental world, anybody who does not agree with him must be dumber than him.

1 person likes this.
  13. jtr

jtr Member

Did you actually read and digest that post? It makes an extremely clear cut case that timeouts called by the offense benefit the defense more. OK. Maybe we have different ideas what the most important thing is about in game coaching. Clearly it is not X's and O's. And of course overall it is not the dumbest thing a NBA coach can do. Losing the locker room will always and evermore be number one. Can we agree on that?

14. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

all 99ers are better than you, but that's not the point of this thread

15. jtr

jtr Member

This thread is not on the GARM so perhaps I can speak more freely. But politely as always.

"my little mental world". Nice. So you are just stepping aside and taking pot shots like everyone else? Good for you. Believe me I do not have Royce White mental issues. And I have dealt with them enough in the people I love to recognize the symptoms. If you want more information about that you are going to have to go back to the thread after McHale's daughters death.

I probably just function with a different value system than most posters here. Other peoples opinion sadly does not matter to me. I care about data and facts and minutia and the like. I probably am not changing. But I have learned to be polite!

Best to you and yours sir.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

No grown man spends that much time boasting on an internet forum about how smart he is. That just doesn't happen. Plus, even if he did, he wouldn't then start threads to whine about people not being as smart as he is or not reading his super-smart posts enough or not posting as awesomely as he does. He wouldn't mention his salary in a comment as a way to brag of his accomplishments to people he does not know and will never know. He wouldn't try so, so hard to sound intelligent that it comes off as completely phony. He wouldn't speak with unbelievable hubris in nearly every single post, and then turn around and accuse others of the very same thing for simply disagreeing with him. No. No real person would try that. This is clearly a first-class troll. And I, for one, enjoy it.

So I hope he hangs around for a while longer before he gets himself banned (as he seems set to do), because I appreciate dedicated characters on this board, even if I have to put them on ignore for certain stretches.

So, jtr: keep on doing your thing. And everyone else: just play along and enjoy the ride while it lasts

17. jtr

jtr Member

I am done attempting to obfuscate this issue. I obviously have managed to p*** everyone off. It is what it is. Without having posted a falsehood and being able to backup every basketball statement I made. It is somehow both sad and hilarious. Is that a critique of me or this forum? Is this place even about the Rockets and NBA basketball anymore? Just asking.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't think you've pissed anyone off, but you really have become a character on here. And that can be a good and bad thing.

On the off chance that you're being sincere, I would second Sweet Lou's advice.

19. jtr

jtr Member

Thank you.

20. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

You can be the most intelligent guy in the world EVER but if you come off like an arrogant douchebag, most people will blow you off.

and ftr......heyp would destroy you. He hasnt given you a serious response yet and he wont as long as your attitude stays the same....and this will be the last response I give you for the same reason.