1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to split the GARM clutch?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by jtr, Mar 29, 2014.

1. BamBam

BamBam Member

Geez Louise, now you're making yourself into some sort of martyr? Look there no doubt about it, you have an above average knowledge of basketball, BUT your not a basketball genius! Your threads/posts would be taken a lot more serious if you didn't try to convince everybody of how smart you are! This is a forum that has fans who are novices, damn near experts, and everything in between, so get off your high horse because it's clear that the king isn't wearing any clothes!

"You are probably better off observing from the sidelines."
    You even belittle the people who are trying to stick up for you...:confused:...SMH!!

2. jtr

jtr Member

And so I have to ask a follow up question. Is this site not about Rockets basketball? That is the message I am getting. Is it about something else? If so what? I am confused. Does CF want to become a Paris Hilton fan site or something similar?

3. jtr

jtr Member

Where this thread is going there will be fallout. I do not need anyone to stick up for me. And personally, except for Clutch and Bima and dobro and a few others I have seen far to few experts around here.

4. BamBam

BamBam Member

THAT is what your excellent at! I'm starting to think you have an inferiority complex, because you can't seem stop putting people down.

Oh by the way, it's funny how Clutch,Bima,dobro and a few others are well respected on CF's and never resort to self promotion and belittling people! AND if we only have 3 experts on CF's, so be it! That's all we need, we don't need a wannabe expert with delusions of grandeur, that's for sure!

5. FTW Rockets FTW

Exactly!

He likes to put himself on a pedestal thinking he has the same level of basketball knowledge as Clutch, Bima etc when that is not true at all.

If he did, posters would recognize that and he wouldn't need all this self promotion and attention seeking posts as well as making disparaging and belittling comments to other posters while propping himself up.

Like I said, he screams of an insecure little child who believes he knows much more than he actually does and goes into whine" and "cry" mode when posters do not recognize his apparent "superior" intellect. LOL.

6. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Get over yourself.

7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Member

And you are?

8. BamBam

BamBam Member

Time to split the GARM? Yea right,and obviously he belongs on the side of Clutch,Bima and dobro with everyone else on the other side.

It's not easy being cheezy...:rolleyes:

9. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

they are weeping, not for the reasons you think they are

who the hell would believe a guy who doesn't believe that Clutch and Jeff worked on a campaign to stop the Rockets from moving to Louisville?

10. FTW Rockets FTW

tinman,

Take over ;)
    Shove the stinky sock in his mouth Mick Foley style.

I'm done with this thread for a while.

1 person likes this.
  11. jtr

jtr Member

This place is obviously a popularity contest. Nothing more. What about

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=252688

is not precise, concise and spot on correct? I honestly do not care about being popular. It does not even register. Sorry. Take pot shots a me all day long gentlemen. But my work is as good as I can make it. If you want to criticize me then focus on my work. If you offer valid criticism there I will learn from it. And thank you for it.

12. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

This is REAL. Will jtr DENY this DIDN'T HAPPEN?

http://www.clutchfans.net/feature.cfm?FeatureID=65

13. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

My criticism is that you know nothing of the negotiations between the Rockets and Louisville during the Arena talks.

And that your threads don't hold a candle to Bimathug's or Clutch's threads.

If you were in Above the Rim, you'd be NUTSO
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/td8qos8uuX4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. jtr

jtr Member

And you are holding me to the highest standard possible. My threads will possibly never match Clutch's and Bima's. They have a level of excellence I can only aspire to. One day perhaps I will get to that level. But in all probability I will never achieve those heights of excellence. Best to you and everyone.

15. BamBam

BamBam Member

It's not your work, it's your attitude breh! You can write some very informative posts and bring many valid points, but I DON'T WANT TO READ IT, because of your attitude. I wish you would take a moment and digest what is being said! There's room for everyone here on CF's, and I for one am not trying to get you exiled, but I am trying to get your attention.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

Pure comedy. You can't go in and tell everyone basically their opinions are worthless and then expect people to respect and listen to you.

It wasn't a popularity contest, but you are making it one.

Look, it's really simple. You want people to listen to you right? You want people to engage in intelligent dialogue with you. You want to inform others. You and tinman aren't all that different. Tinman wants to educate people on Rocket's history, you want to educate people on the Rockets strategy.

First thing is, don't piss people off. Take it from me. People will listen to you more if you numnuts show an ounce of humility. That means stop arguing about whether the Rockets would have moved or not to Louisville. Just acknowledge the hard work and passion that many people here had to keep the team in Houston. No one knows for sure what would have happened if the Rockets didn't get a new arena. No one can predict that. So let's just be happy that SOR played a role in putting pressure to help get that arena deal so no one would ever have to find out. That's enough.

Second. You don't know what McHale and Morey are thinking. Admit that. You are reverse engineering it and probably are close, but you aren't sure. Heck Morey and McHale might not always be on the same page with one another! Their thinking might be in a state of flux as well. So you know what, let fans be fans and enjoy their opinions and arguing and debating - it's why they are here. And Morey has even said he gets ideas from Clutchfans so if he can be humble enough to say that, why can't you?

In the same vein, stop it with the condescending attitude. You aren't better than anyone here. There are guys on here that are amazing in their knowledge. Take Bimbathug for instance. Why does everyone respect him? He doesn't do a whole lot of "popularity building" PR you know. All he does is state the facts without talking down to anyone. He educates without aggravating or antagonizing or condescending. You want to know how to succeed on here - just read his posts.

Finally - when you create a thread - give it a theme, make it succinct, make your point, and stop taking yourself so seriously. Your random thoughts are just that, random thoughts. We all have them. Your random thoughts aren't necessarily what people come here to listen to as you tell them that their are the best random thoughts on the planet. You see something, make a good thread about it, but be able to defend your points with facts other than "Morey and Mchale know more than you do".

You could be a good poster if you just toned down the arrogance man. I actually would back the idea of an analytics thread or something. A place for people to geek out. Unrelated to day-to-day GARM but more focused on data and trends. It's not a horrible idea. But you presented and tee'd it up horribly.

Basically, you need to not take yourself so seriously.

17. jtr

jtr Member

Thank you for your seriously analytical response. I certainly am going to analyze it to death and try to incorporate your analysis into my posts.

18. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

I remind people about good stuff like parking in the neighborhood on edloe for free so you can avoid Greenway Plaza parking for Rockets games at the Summit.

Plus I remind them of all the great music they use to play at the games
    remember this?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GHhD4PD75zY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

This thread is hilarious. On one side we have someone who thinks he is better than most of us because he signed up in '99, and on the other side we have someone who thinks he is better than us for spending hours on a thread.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

[​IMG]