1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to split the GARM clutch?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by jtr, Mar 29, 2014.

1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I think it may be time for Clutch to split speculation and poll threads out of the GARM. They may be at times amusing, but they do get in the way of serious basketball analysis and discussion. I spend hours on posts such as

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=252331

and people spend minutes on some of these white bread pablum one star thread posts. Conceived on a whim with no thought. Represented by an ill worded sentence and perhaps an ill conceived poll. Sad. Worthless. Irritating. A waste of time. Our resident Basketballaholic has put together a number of meaningless polls over the last week. It does not anything of value to the GARM, and dilutes the good content.

Just asking for a cleaner more concise interface to threads containing thought, consideration and effort.

1 person likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The GARM has been around since 1999.

Clutch isn't going to change policy cause your thread is not popular.

Poles are great, have you been to a good strip club that didn't have any?

1 person likes this.
  3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

You seem to be right on top of this post after i posted something similar in your foolish poll. "Jeremy Lin is a Hero?" Poll. LOL.

My threads are always somewhat popular. For an analysis posts getting 100 responses is quite good. I have not been to a strip club in 30 years. The last time was at my best friends stag party.

Polls are meaningless except for kicks and jollies. They add nothing. No data is gathered and analyzed from poles. They are just an easy button to add hits to an otherwise worthless thread. To represent them as anything other is disingenuous. Tools for the lazy.

CF would be a much better experience if GARM posts were split off into serious analysis posts and pablum. Some posters are only interested in the short amusing posts that may have polls attached. Others are quite focused on deeper, more intelligent discussion.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you want changes

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ay9BWM8lwOA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

CF meet up at Treasures tonight???

6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

You do know your coming across as sour grapes?

In essence what your saying is that your thread is superior because you put more time and effort vs. these easier to make "white bread" threads that have a poll in them. Because (in your opinion) your thread is better you should get more views and obviously more reply's, but one thing you have to always keep in mind is that we are all different in the CF's forum. Not everyone has the insight that Clutch has, or the team cap knowledge that Bima has, not everyone has Carl Herrera's witt, or Jontros sarcasm! We are all different, but we all (or majority) want to participate! So if you make a simple thread with a simple poll and ask a simple question, more than likely you'll get a ton of views , with a ton of reply's! A classic example of this is the infamous "Jeremy Lin is a Joke" thread, 8000 replys with 700,000 views...:eek: That thread wasn't rocket science, but it allowed everyone to participate and give their opinion.

(P.S.) If you prefer, you can still make a well thought out thread, but just be sure to put "LIN" somewhere in the title, and you'll get the same affect...:eek:

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

I enjoy white break with no edges.. especially with nutella.

8. Panda23

Panda23 Member

thread needs more hating on Lin/Tmac imo

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Clutch, my thread doesn't get enough attention. Please put it in a separate forum created especially for me.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

maybe you should start a poll?

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Occasionally there are some really good posters with good insight and basketball knowledge that inadvertently undermine themselves by being arrogant, condescending, and generally obnoxious to interact with in a forum.

Oftentimes, these posters lack the self-awareness to realize they are their own worst enemies.

Sometimes self reflection, a dose of humility, and a change in demeanor can turn these posters into valued members whose threads demand everyone's attention.

2 people like this.
  13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I guess I'm out then. :(

14. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I see OP is still on that high horse screaming for attention just because he thinks he has significantly higher basketball knowledge and insight than the average fan which is not true.

LOL, not going to happen OP

Clutch has run this great site for over a decade and is not going to change it because you have your panties all twisted up

Here you go, again.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=8822934&postcount=7268

#15 FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Shout outs to whoever thinks jtr is always on a high horse and arrogant

1 person likes this.
  17. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

18. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Hmm. On second thought, I like his idea. So I will not accidentally click his thread, knowing beforehand.

19. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

With that said... I think it's all an act.