1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to shut Harden down for the rest of the season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Mar 23, 2016.

1. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Since i'm coming over for Dallas and Suns back to back in two weeks, Harden sure as hell better be playing!

2. newAge_Rockets

Me too. I've watched every game that I could, but after tonight I'm done. I'll check box scores, I'll comment on potential future moves for this franchise, but I am absolutely done with the 2015/2016 version of the Houston Rockets. I hope for good things in July free agency, and will be excited for a new coach to take his shot at rejuvenating this roster next season.

But for the next 10 games, I'm done. And as Realist said in another thread, Harden and Ariza should be too. It's not their fault that they have loser teammates.

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I honestly would not be mad.

4. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

believe it or not, watching how they played in 1st half, even we still had a 16pt lead, i knew we gonna lose in 2nd half. we just don't have heart

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

They will have one tonight. What strip clubs are poppin on Wed?

6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

He needs a break . His back might break from trying to carry us every night . 80 minutes in two nights . Last night 15 assists . Tonight 8 steals 10 assists 7 boards 20 something points . The guy is flat out of gas . We could all see it . Who the **** plays a guy on the second night of a back to back the whole second quarter ?? Unbelievable . I really mean that . I thought I had a grasp on how bad JB is , but tonight is the icing on the cake . The Jazz made an adjustment at halftime and he couldn't figure out how to counter it . Let James rest up and get ready to give it a real shot next year . It's likely that whoever we hire next year will rely on James and play him just as heavy minutes .

7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

We are done folks. I think the players meeting was more about it's time to just have fun one last time and go their seperate ways. Thebplayers are tanking and looking for an early summer. The dream was nice folks but the season is officially over.

8. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

DD knows weight gain.

1 person likes this.
  9. Eric00009

Eric00009 Member

Yall sound idiots talking about shutting him down listen we still can get to the six seed and a long shot a 5th seed so **** up yea we are struggling but we get in the playoffs I believe they will play inspired basketball and just maybe the light will switch on if jb uses the lineups right and give howard and dmo more post up plays that's what out success was built on last year posting up dmo also use beez and Howard more together also run more pick and roll with harden simple as that and they need to stop doubling everybody that has the ball no need for it just play defense

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

That kool-aid must taste good.[​IMG]

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

With a strong amount of Houston's purple I may add.

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

It would be less embarrassing if we did not make the playoffs with our best player benched, lol. I don't think they would do it though.

13. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Play Smoove. We got nothing left to lose.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If we are putting all the marbles in the future of the franchise on Harden, do you really want this guy to have extended rest? The only time this guy does cardio is during games. He's just going to get fat if you don't play him and then have the offseason after that.

15. OTMax

OTMax Member

I thought Harden already shut himself down

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Exactly. We're hoping he plays in the olympics.

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

It's not even April and you want to shut him down? That gives him 7 months to pop bottles and eat more chipotle

He is going to come back looking like the other fat lump Keith Jones or even Mauri with a triple chin

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yes PLEASE. When Bill said Harden's playing on a heavily sprained ankle on the second night of a back to back at the end of the season, it made me so f'ing nervous.

When your ankle is sprained and you play on it, you start running in an imbalanced way and put pressure on your back, knees, hamstrings, calves.

We're playing with fire here. We haven't even done well against the lower seeds. We've been trashed by the higher seeds.

If a fully healthy Rockets team without Harden can't pull through against the borderline Jazz, inconsistent Blazers, and depleted Mavs.... and we know Harden can't beat the Warriors or Spurs alone.. then the benefit of gaining the playoff experience is MASSIVELY negated by putting Harden at risk of major injury. This team minus Harden for 4-5 games should be able to secure a seed if that's what they really want. Might even help us. Let him completely rest for 4-5 days before the playoffs come.

Think about it guys. Harden has been carrying a huge load for 3 years, massive minutes, playing almost all games, attacking the rim aggressively, ignoring small injuries. We're at the end of a tiring season, he's again played the most minutes in the league and now playing on a sprained ankle.

This is a recipe for disaster. An unfortunate injury would be unforgivable. Just think about a summer with D-Mo finished, Howard finished, Harden major injury, lots of cap space, mickey mouse results to show free agents, no major coach willing to latch on, cap space for nothing, no pick. It's just. Wow, I seriously can't believe they are risking this.

Sit the poor b*stard down, even if we all know he would try to refuse it.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But he'll never break the all-time turnovers record if he sits. :cool:

20. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

If that is the case. Truly the case. Then he ain't the guy to build a team around. You would never see any true superstar shut it down and go down the physically crapper. You would see them work their butt off in the off season and improve. Course this last off season he was busy vacuuming Khloes carpet. so.. Maybe he is not the guy anyway.