1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to quit on this team.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jan 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

If time is money.... well

2. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

good call

hopefully Texans go far, even without a QB. Their future is still brighter than rockets, so we have them to look forward to.

but after them might as well start working on personel hobbies, rockets are chit.

3. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

lol reading the first page

lots of cucks. I wonder if they're this loyal to their underachieving, cheating spouses

1 person likes this.
  4. OpenLayup-Why3?

Everyone thinks we gonna end up around 8th seed so our next year's first round pick will be around 19th or better, so when we trade Jones and Brewer that 2016 first round pick will look much better. After the trade we start winning and that pick becomes dog crap.
    In Morey we trust.

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

If only there was a way to permanently kick out the losers who get off the wagon so they can never come back as a fan again... the world, at least CF, will be a much better place.

6. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

i was in atlanta all weekend seeing a real houston team that i forgot all about the rockets. they dont care and neither do it.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't anymore. I spent way too much prior to this year.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

What happened to Harden2Capela?

9. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

Because quitting is always the answer. Your still going to watch the games. Don't kid yourself

10. theangrycanary

My main gripe with the team is that they aren't particularly fun to watch.

Look at the bulls in the eighties, or the phoenix suns with Nash. They did a lot of losing, but they were fun to watch. Watching Jordan score fifty points by flying through the air while his team lost was still pretty cool.

Harden... he's not that fun to watch. Let's face it. Dwight? It is painful to watch him stagger around on offense and fumble the ball away. Trevor Ariza? Nope. Patrick Beverley? TJones?

Another thing that makes the team hard to watch is that there is no HOPE factor. Dwight is breaking down. He's gone soon. So we are on the closing end of a championship window. It's okay when you're team is losing, but you have that one or two superstars and you're all fantasizing about how awesome it's going to be next year when you get them 'help'. This was that year and it turned into a dumpster fire.

And finally, the team is emotionally aggravating to watch. One night they beat the spurs. The next night they look hungover and lose to the washington generals. Its much easier to watch losing seasons when you're team is consistently mediocre with some bright spots. Not... bipolar.

So is it time to quit on the team? Never. But I think we want to because of the ugly offense, the letdown quality of the season, and the weird emotional behavior of the team.

But... that's why we have beer. Gotta' just get drunk and soldier through the pain of supporting our team. So it will be all the sweeter when we do win.

11. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

i like the rockets

1 person likes this.
  12. CertifiedTroll

You are in the minority here.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You summed up my thoughts perfectly, Codman. Kudos!

Adios, OP.

14. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

team sucks, probably going to watch something else . Spurs will just pounce dat azz on rockets tonight. Whats the point.

15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I
    Will
    Never
    Quit
    On
    This
    Team

16. teknokid

teknokid Member

Lower your expectation. Life will be much happier.

17. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Hard to do. Expectations were so high going in to the season. Then we opened the door with the Denver Nuggets only to have involuntarily participated in the ice bucket challenge.

18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Going off just playoff performance over the last 19 years... Other than first run with big 3 (97) and last year.... I think some of us deserve to vent on this bull****. Obviously this franchise isn't like the 76ers and it has been nice to I guess make the playoffs regularly, but it still sucks to watch a team underperform, and basically know that even if they were performing at their best they'd still be outplayed/outcoached by the top teams in the playoffs. I'll only root for the Rockets and I'll cheer at the games but **** man, some of us deserve to call this lack of effort out.

I do agree though, some of our fanbase is pretty damn fickle (not just talking about forums either), and the atmosphere at games makes it always clear that houston is a football city... If the Rockets go on some big runs that could change, but for now even if the texans were having a losing season they'd still have more energy in the crowds (lol, I realize their stadium holds more but I'm just talking in general)...

19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Wait a minute... You're saying I'm in the top 1% in something!!! Hell Yeah!! The one time it didn't pay off to be a 99er.... Lol