1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to quit on this team.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jan 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Your......

2. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

X100000000000000000

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

EXPECTATIONS

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

must be lowered

5. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

It's gotta be the radiation, but I really had to go back and forth to understand how you posted the "L-O-W-E-R" formation.

Confused the hell out of me lol.

I'm not lowering my expectations of what we will become. I'm lowering my expectations of certain players. For example, I am very hard on Clint Capella. I like him, but he's raw and he drives me insane with those weak layups that should be dunks.

When he has stone hands, I feel the ghost of Stromile Swift messing with me.

So, I'm lowering my expectations of Clint being as good as I'd like him to be.

That helps me.

And, since I've done that, he's impressed me with his rebounding and rim protection.

Someone needs to put him in the weight room and feed him a bit more, but he looks to be a solid big for the future.

6. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Waiting until the 25th loss just seems so arbitrary and unnecessary. After 25 losses, it may be too late to get the #1 or #2 seed.

If the Rockets can make major changes, they should do them ASAP. What is the reason or purpose for waiting until loss #25? It is illogical.

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

I will keep watching. It's just frustrating and a little depressing to know that the players don't have that burning desire to win. They will make their millions regardless of how many games they win. It just feels like the fans are getting cheated.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Where is your courage and motivation?

1 person likes this.
  9. Solaris

Solaris Member

But don't they get bonuses for getting into playoffs?

10. rockets13champs

Ive written many threads about courage and ive countlessly been optimistic but after losing so many tight games and the freaking offensive rebounds. It pisses me off i was thinking. If we quit and show rockets our lack of support they will want to win us back snd start fighting more. This was my peak angering point. I will lower my expectations but its so difficult after what we built on last season. If we trade for another PF who gets more rebounds in clutch and can hit consistent jumpers who knows we can fix ourselves.
    Theres a chance but its deeply saddening to me.

11. Newlin

Newlin Member

They may get a bonus, but a player like Harden or Dwight already makes so much, I doubt it's much of a motivator.

12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

If you don't want to ride Capela, don't jump on when he parks.

13. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

That sounds like something a loser would say. If you're not doing your job to the best of your ability everyday, does your employer simply lower his expectations? Hell no. This team isn't giving a 100% every night and it's a damn shame since they are paid insane amounts of money to do just that. Fans have every right to be disgusted with their performance so far this year.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I, too, remember that year. It ended up with a 1st round exit.

I don't think the team will finish below .500. There are probably some moves that will make the team more competitive. But to elevate it from where it is now to a realistic title contender? Not sure that such a move was in the books.

15. Codman

Um, I don't want to "ride" anyone lol. :p:):eek:

I'm admitting that it's unfair for me to expect greatness from a 20-year-old rookie with raw talent. I support him as a player on our awesome team, but I can't expect him to be Dwight.

As he develops, and my expectations grow simultaneously, I think it's okay to believe I supported him to the point to where he finally "parks."

It's not as though I've labeled him as a bust.

Maybe you were just playing, but I'm a fan of Clint. I just firmly believe he needs more time before he's expected to put up consistent, big numbers.

16. Codman

You're correct, but wouldn't you prefer to at least make the playoffs, even if we're not in the most ideal situation?

I know I want our guys competing past 82 games.

Also, as disappointing as he has been this season in terms of what we expected, I think James Harden still makes any team a contender in the PLAYOFFS. The same with Dwight. Anything can happen in a 7 game series.

Right now, though, you're right. We're not contending material.

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

100% agree.

Even if we are a 6-8th seed I guarntee out side of playing GS which clearly has our number we could give okc and SA a run for there money.

Regardless what ppl here think a team of JH and DH is a scary first round matchup for any team. Would you rather play dallas, grizz, jazz or clippers/rockets?

If I was a team in the top 6 I would be rooting for clips vs rockets in the 5/6 matchup. Clippers rockets have superstar talent and you never no if they can get in a 15 game groove were they are just head and shoulders the best player in the game. Dirk did it in 2011 that mavs team had no business beating a lebron in his prime led team of Wade and bpay... But he did.

18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Hmm... With the amount of mediocrity this team/franchise has had since 97 (after Utah bull****).... 1 wcf, 1 first round. Lol, I'd seriously rather the team wait it out and pull a 76ers one year, I mean this weak rocket basketball plan of let's have a miracle happen in a 7 game series is rare in the NBA (now in college might get lucky) ... And unfortunately the ****ing team is just good enough to **** that up too. Not that we know how Morey would draft anyway with a no. 1, with our luck He'd probably take a developing player that doesn't want to play in the NBA or something, So ultimately the rockets would **** that up too.

I guess you're right though first round here we come!!!! Where's the sweet playoff gear we get to have for a whole week? I'm ready!!! Haha, and sorry on being overly pessimistic, love the Rockets, but I'd almost prefer the team's effort the season before we got Yao, at least they tried, here it's like some of the guys can't be bothered to do more than shoot or play walk up defense. And I'm not blaming just harden, man without harden we would be the real version of the 76ers....

19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

What makes your lowered expectations for a player on the team any different than someone's lower expectations for the team as a whole?

What if I lower my expectations for every player on the team? Or even just a few key players?

Wouldn't that naturally lead to lower expectations overall?

I just find it odd that fans call out other fans for being "fair weather" or "jumping off the bandwagon" just so they can maybe shout "I never gave up!!" IF things get turned around.

It's even more odd that you can justify lower expectations for certain players but champion the line "if you don't

20. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Fixed