1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to hold KPJ to account!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, May 3, 2023.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Notice how many different players you have to think I'm a fan of simply because I'm disagreeing with your false narrative.....

When I say that KPJ is a significantly better player than Jalen Green, I mean that he's a significantly better palyer than Jalen Green. He's also a significantly better player than Nix or Tyty, but that's not relevant to the conversation.

There's only one player on the roster even arguably better than KPJ right now, and that's Sengun. I know you are holding out hope for your guy, but until he gets A LOT better, you shoulen't be trying to compare him to players who are actually good.

It's funny that you're still obsessed with draft position since you certainly can't go on actual performance....

2. Ancient Moabite

Speaking truth about two players is really small, you wanted Mobley over Green

And you prop up a player who is slightly better, my opinion is not banking on hope

Notice you have to assume I Am a fanboy or part of a cult(ure), you have me confused with the many others you accuse of being that

I speak about what I see, been that way day 1, I have no horse in this race

And I don't get caught up in the wanting to be right or wrong, but its not hard to judge a player after watching them for 5+ years

So keep thinking Kobe had to get ALOT better to catch up to Jones/Van Exel, you football genius .... I mean basketball genius

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Just because I wanted Mobley over Green in the draft has nothing to do with this conversation. The fact that you keep bringing that up kind of shows you have nothing of substance to talk about. You just hope to distract with irrelevant BS to make it look like you have something to say.

When you are trying to prop up a guy that has been a disappointment thus far by tearing down some of the best players on the team, it suggests that you have strong emotional ties to that player...otherwise why would you?

You continuing to attempt to compare Jalen to Kobe and KPJ to Van Exel pretty much shows the extent of your delusion. There is no comparison to be made there kiddo. You desperately want to believe that Green is the next Kobe so you keep trying to force comparisons that simply aren't there. It's transparent.

If you were in any way basing your statements on reality, we'd be having a different conversation.

4. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bobby and KPJ are on the same level when it comes to being a mature adult. That's why Bobby loves him. He has to pump up the boy who refuses to act like a man because that's who he is. Only an idiot would state that KPJ is more talented than Jalen Green. Argue that Green isn't maximizing his talents is one thing.

AroundTheWorld and TheRealist137 like this.
  5. Ancient Moabite

You are propping up a player while talking down on a player while using your personal use of stats for only one of them and not evenly across the board, Mobley has something to do with that as well as the player you highly diss n dislike was in the same draft for the taking

And your cliche rinse n repeat diatribe on Green is not of substance so at least you are an expert in the non-substance school of thought reality

I already explained the comparison was the gap and not the actual comparison of them as individuals but like I said you can't comprehend worth two cents but you communicate quite well, learn the diff between the two

KPJ is NOT Van Exel/Jones and Green is NOT Kobe, but the gap of Kobe having to catch up to those two after his first two season was not a significant gap, just as the case with you thinking it is KPJ having such a wide gap on Green, talent and game wise

If KPJ is a 82, then Green is 80, or if KPJ is 77 then Green is 75, using a video game format ranking that is

Now can you comprehend something that basic?

Nix would be 50 or lower, which is why you were bragging about how the Rockets should win more games once KPJ returned from his inury, which is like Duh, because he was replacing a player that most think shouldn't even be in the league, woopty doo, such an accomplishment

If you were using the same reality format on KPJ TS% that you do for Green then you would see that KPJ sucked equally or worse than Green up until last season, and those 30 games you love to mention

Well I will do you better and use your fast food ideology, Green final 4 games is what he will be going forward, so that makes him the superior player

6. HardenReturns

HardenReturns Member

Who are you and what have you done with Boobs?

BamBam likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm honestly not surprised you think in video game terms.

The facts are that Jalen Green is and has always been a net negative player due to being one of the worst defensive players in the entire league while being an inefficient scorer. He'd have to improve just about every aspect of his game dramatically just to be as good as KPJ was at 22....and he just has next season to do it.

I know you've convinced yourself that he's going to magically turn into a superstar future HOFer out of the blue, but there's literally nothing to base that on besides hype.....hype that is dying due to his poor performance for his entire career thus far.

Could it still happen? Sure, but at this point, you're just going on blind faith.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I've said that literally all season. When the numbers say a thing is the case, I don't often argue with it. That's one of the best ways to avoid bias.

9. Ancient Moabite

Well I had to make it elementary grade school for you since you were struggling to understand something that basic

And the Rockets team as a whole was a net negative and they were ranked liked 27th or so on TEAM defense

The Rockets were depending on Green/Smith/Sengun to play well(consistent high level) to win games, that is not a winning formula and a net negative off top based on tradition of the league of super young players

No teams were game planning to stop KPJ, you confuse KPJ getting double teamed by not realizing he was driving into the lane trying to shoot over 2-3 guys from all sorts of twisted angles

Just like you talk about Green being a flashy player, but ignore that KPJ plays just like he is on tour with AND1 / Park ball crew, which is flashy

Both players are talented, both have shown flashes, yet for some reason you genius types feel that the worst defender in the league and inferior net negative player can bring more back/headline a trade over the better player

Whatever Mary Jane y'all got in the stash, let me get a sack of it

10. Ancient Moabite

Someone posted this earlier in this thread, what type of level of a player would you call this, a sucky or average or superstar in the making, is this net negative numbers, or is this all star / all nba in the making?

so when the numbers say a thing is the case, is that why you didn't respond to these ''numbers''?

Rookie (Cleveland) - 53.5 TS%, 44.2% fg's, 33.5% 3pt fg's, 50.6% 2pt fg's
    2nd year (Houston)- 52.8 TS%, 42.5% fg's, 31.1% 3pt fg's, 51.5% 2pt fg's
    3rd year (Houston) - 53.1 TS%, 41.5% fg's, 37.5% 3pt fg's, 45.6% 2pt fg's
    1st 29 Gms 4th yr - 52.3 TS%, 41.5% fg's, 30.9% 3pt fg's, 47.7% 2pt fg's
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1st 116 Gms in Hou- 53.1 TS%, 41.96% fg's, 34.6% 3pt fg's, 47.6% 2 pt fg's

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's no question that dishonest people feel the need to spin numbers, but here's the truth.

Last season KPJ at 22 years old had a 56.5% TS% and was a higher percentage catch and shoot player than Steph Curry.

Last season Jalen Green at 21 years old had a 53.8% TS% while being one of the worst defensive players in the entire league.

Sorry guy, but you can't spin that. Keep up the blind faith in your guy that he'll magically turn into a good player one day, hope you happen to be right about it.

12. Ancient Moabite

Stop cherry picking, and use the entire career

Answer the question, what caliber of player would you say those numbers represent?

53.8 was higher than those numbers that were posted

So that player must suck worse than Green

Steph Curry is old, nobody in their right mind would ever mistake KPJ as being on same shooting level of Curry regardless if its catch and shoot or off the bounce or off screens, Curry at 19 to 23 years old could out shoot KPJ in a blindfold, Curry at Davidson was 10x the shooter KPJ at USC was

This is what I mean by you being the water/fanboy of KPJ in denial

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Using all of last season's numbers isn't cherry picking....you're just upset because you know that you have nothing to go on to support the false narrative you want to advance.

The fact that KPJ got jerked around to start his career and struggled as a result isn't novel information, there's a reason he didn't start to strive till he got to Houston. His early development was stunted by an organization that had no interest in developing him. If Houston treated Jalen the same, he'd never see the court.

It's also telling that with KPJ you just want to talk about the past while ignoring the present because it undermines your false narrative.

Also, it's hilarious how you make excuses why actual performance doesn't matter while simping for a player that has been pretty awful his entire career. KPJ did well? Doesn't matter, anyone can do well......but Jalen does poorly because it's everyone else's fault and because he's young.

This absurd cognitive dissonance has to be driving you crazy if you are aware enough to realize it.

14. Ancient Moabite

Using the entire career is better than using 1 out of 4, nothing wrong with improving in year 4 but don't dismiss the other sucky 3(accordance with your standard)

Talking or playing bball doesn't upset me, you keep trying to lump me into that cult ure group, sorry kiddo, won't work

More excuses about how Cavs jerked him around, or maybe he just wasn't that good

What is your excuse about nobody wanting to trade for him? You think a rant about a locker room would sway away teams from trading for a super talented player?

When did i blame others for how Green is playing so far in career? your game is your game, consistency is his only problem, he just needs to perform more like in their wins, that's on him

You keep deflecting and not answering the basic questions be cause you don't to show your hand as the ultimate water/fanboy that you keep accusing others are being

Fold your hand, its ok

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Do you really think "entire career" arguments are the most valid when talking about guys who just turned 23, or do you just want to do that because you know this year's performance of both players blows your false narrative out of the water?

Honestly I'd rather you be dishonest than dumb, so feel free to be honest.

You know Jalen was even worse in his second season than his first, so you want to boost his numbers, and you know KPJ was really good this year, so you want to tear down those numbers with what happened several years ago. It's not clever, it's obviously dishonest.....hopefully, because the alternative is just sad.

16. Ancient Moabite

Yes it matters because it can show you where they started to the present

Just like you brag about what he did this past season but prior seasons he sucked worse than Green, so based on that Green could make equal or higher jump seeing how sucky KPJ was using your own standard against you and your blind love as a water/fanboy for KPJ

Green was worst his second year on the TS%, but getting more to line, more ball handle duties, getting the other teams best defender, having Mobley/Cavs defense running Jordan rules type defense on him, having improved in 20/30 PT games and going to number one option is adjustment for any Young player and improvement

Just like KPJ numbers first three years were based on getting jerked and learning a new position right ? Isnt that legit or no?

Well the same is for Jalen, takes time

By end of year 4 we can rehash this discussion

What's sad is you call out others for the same thing you are doing

Now answer the question, what caliber of player does those numbers represent on the first 3 seasons?

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yikes, so it wasn't dishonesty, it was the other thing.

I guess that pretty much ends the discussion since if you truly weren't being dishonest it would make this being me beating up on a less than abled person which is something I'm against.

I do like the "wait till Jalen is 24 to compare him to KPJ at 22" bit though, that was funny even if it came from a place of derp.

Anyway, it's been fun.

18. Ancient Moabite

Buck / tap dancer added to the water/fanboy KPJ club

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U are really wasting your time with booby. Man would place gold if mental gymnastics is a thing

20. Ancient Moabite

Well at least those numbers showcased what it was so you really can't use your bias affection for Kevin