1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to fire Stone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by my time to shine, Oct 30, 2022.

1. riko

riko Member

Team has a playmaker his name is Sengun. The guy has the ability to run an offense like what Jokic does but lesser version

albuster and hakeem94 like this.
  2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Give him a break. He’s probably 12, at least intellectually.

cbass likes this.
  3. xaos

xaos Member

Yes.

I understand the criticism of Silas though. Not because of our record. I expected us to be bad last year and this. The mistake you guys kept making was thinking this is somehow a play in team. That's on yall.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I LOVE Sengun. The guy is so fun to watch and root for.

But people need to STOP this. It's too much to put on this guy, and he's going to have expectations for him crash land at some point. This is like D-Mo all over again. Let's just get him to a point where he can actually stay on the floor, and be good at what he does for 30+ minutes a game.

xaos and Verbal Christ like this.
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Fair or not...he will be judged harshly on Green over Mobley & Jabari over Ivey/Mathurin if they don't work out.

6. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Overreact much lately? o_Oo_Oo_O

Go get em JG!

He's cooking!

Jalen's the man!

JG deserves better!!!

The DISRESPECT!

(8 MIN LATER......)

Stone obviously is an idiot.

Such a waste!

Can't believe they drafted this bust! Think I'll spit 10 more Jalen Green SUX posts in the next 10 minutes because I'm SO MAD Stone wasted our picks. Fire Stone! He has no clue! :mad::mad::mad:

:cool:

7. dmoneybangbang

Shouldn't be allowed to start threads without two years of having CF account.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its a 100% verified sengun hater whoever starts his posts with i love sengun or love senguns game but continues with but...

lololol

nah bro take the ball from KPJ(or whoever else is on the rockets) and put him on bench until he becomes good at what he does for 5 minutes a game....

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

This is an exaggeration... now if you want to say he has regressed from the last couple of months of his rookie year maybe, but it's been less than 10 games.

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

so clear so simple no ifs and buts

imho rockets had their mind fixed on tanking as a 5 years plan, and when they got their ideal franchise guy with the first pick they couldnt bear with the fact that tank should be already over....

this reminds me of a great minds saying
    majority of the people stumble upon the truth sooner or later in their lives, yet they pickup themselves and continue walking on their chosen path....

riko likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

People don't get it.

All the best traits to make the ideal playamker are all in individual different players and that sucks.

The best and only competent ball handler is KPJ. You need that as a pg to limit turnovers. Sengun is not a good player on that regard. Green is not a good player on that regard.

The best and only competent passer is Sengun. KPJ is a bad player in that regard. Green is a bad player in that regard.

Green is near transcendent with creating space with his elite speed and quickness. But then again KPJ is a decent athlete himself. Sengun, not so much

But if you combined these traits to one player you have a superstar easily.

#71 fchowd0311, Oct 31, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
  12. my time to shine

I’m not worried about losing or being a bad team

I’m worried about Jabari and Jalen being busts

fchowd0311 likes this.
  13. highpost1388

highpost1388 Member

Ah, looking forward to the inevitable "no one was calling Jalen or Jabari" busts walk back when dumb ass topics like these age poorly. Do we even have mods on this forum?

14. my time to shine

Are you suggesting that having an opinion you believe is too negative = ban worthy?

albuster likes this.
  15. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

His opinion is dumb but it’s an opinion. Put him on ignore and quit b****ing. Mods won’t save you in these streets.

albuster and H. Christopher like this.
  16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Mental illness

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This all sounds right to me. We are not helping Jabari at all. I have no idea what we're even trying to do on offense most of the time.

The problem is either our extreme youth, Silas, or both. I'd say it's probably both with most of the issue being our extreme youth.

I see no real solution to it. It was always a joke to me to think that we were going to get some big-time FA. First, big-time FAs don't even do real free agency anymore - they just get put on the teams they want to go to. Second, no big-time player would want to join an awful team, even if it's an awful team with some decent young pieces that might be really good in 7 years.

18. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

First half Jalen was cooking. He was the man. He deserved better and should demand a trade. By mid 4th he sucks, is a bust, a complete waste of a draft pick and Stone should be fired.

So you've made up your mind on this subject? Are you sure???

xaos and YOLO like this.
  19. xaos

xaos Member

What makes you worried about them being busts?

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Right I think we should look at the Suns blueprint and try to be opportunistic in a trade down the line. Phoenix got lucky with CP3 and getting him at little to no cost, and the Rockets probably assume they'll have to pay alot more if lets say Paul George becomes available if things go sour in the next two years in LA, or something like that as an example. You're right though than players don't really risk free agency anymore because they know they can just take a huge extension with their current team, and then just demand a trade later on.

In the end though it'll be an assessment of how much time Jabari, and Jalen can take without a central playmaker that really unlocks their talent. There's always risk of players overextending their natural abilities and developing bad habits too. Devon Booker was kind of a rare case where he didn't really do that.

In my very early assessment, one which doesn't matter of course, I think a 3rd development/rebuilding year could be fine, but comes with high risk. I think ideally you'd get another high pick this Summer, but also be very aggressive to try and peal off a star player... maybe even later in his career like a Kawhi, PG, Beal, Lillard, etc. You don't necessarily have to have one of these guys, but it's hard to see "the process" working out if we can't get a real playmaker or magically get that jolt in development out of KPJ or Jalen like Harden had in his development.

Haymitch and xaos like this.