1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to fire Stone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by my time to shine, Oct 30, 2022.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

If this is not just to try and somehow pump KPJ's (non-existent) trade value, then FIRE STONE.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  2. i3artow i3aller

3. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

I don’t understand why so much of the media protects Silas. Anyone who has watched him coach can tell he’s a really poor head coach.

I don’t care whether or not he was supposed to have Harden carry him. Being a nice person is not synonymous with being a good coach.

4. i3artow i3aller

5. a time to chill

ESPN 97.5 is trying to tear apart the Rockets before the rebuild is even complete with these sensationalized headlines.

rocketchamp and Ancient Moabite like this.
  6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

OMG I can only imagine the chaos if Stone extends Silas!!!!!

[​IMG]

Corrosion and Ancient Moabite like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is growing up from being an off court nuisance to being an on court selfish player.

HardenReturns likes this.
  8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

this is very reminiscent of when we fired McHale.

the rockets got blasted for not only firing him. how could anyone fire mchale? and early in the season no less, they didn't even give him a chance.

rather than objectively looking at how his performance got him fired. he was outreached badly and obviously the previous season and then he lost the locker room early the next season. this was harden entering his prime and it looked as much of a mess as our current team does today.

I would say mchale and Silas are easily the worst 2 coaches in franchise history. both resorting to clapping when they didn't know what to do.

charlieaustin and Sean Dr34ms like this.
  9. a time to chill

McHale wasn't that bad. The main reason he got fired is because he didn't get along with Harden and Harden pushed for him to be replaced. McHale tried to hold Harden accountable and ended up getting fired over it.

fattz likes this.
  10. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

How dare you compare Silas to McHale. McHale much much better coach with a lifetime winning record. Silas worst record in nba history. C’mon man!!!!!!!!

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

If I was the owner I would want to find some sort of objective barometer to measure whether or not Stone is a liability to attracting good coaches and good free agents. I would want to find out what his reputation is at this point.

12. Ancient Moabite

Rockets should go after that GM from Warriors who I think may be a free agent after season

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

McHale was garbage, there's a reason y no one hired him after he "coached the team to success", the only difference between silas and McHale was one was blessed to have harden when he was younger and more able to carry.

Smartest thing McHale did was let harden do all the work while he just sit there and not even coach

14. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Pretty much. Rebuilding isn't pretty

15. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

CF poster: "FIRE EVERYBODY!!!! Except Sengun!!"

16. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I hate this debate between blaming Silas and blaming Stone. It's so mean and hurtful. Why can't we come together and fire them both

17. i3artow i3aller

18. a time to chill

Stone tanked without making it look so obvious

19. abaker28

abaker28 Member

To be fair, JB Bikerstaff was the same until he went elsewhere.

20. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Member

McHe sucks as a coach. He sucked with the timberwolves, he sucked with the rockets. A more talented roster looked almost as stagnant on offense as this team.