1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to face the truth

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davidxhz, Dec 23, 2009.

Tags:
  1. matthappy

matthappy Member

we don't hope this team win the champinship this year,to me just be proud of all these guys,I even don't care the final ranking ,if we fail to play play-off i will still be a solid fan to support .

2. VBG

VBG Member

So we shouldn't be proud of beating the Cavs on a back to back.

But losing to Orlando on the second night of a back to back is horrible?

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tracy is as good as gone...

Let's pray for young talent and draft picks...

4. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Another knee jerk thread after a tough loss during a brutal schedule. To bad the rockets haven't lived up to people's expectations since most of the experts picked them to win the whole thing before the season started. LOL :grin:

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sorry . . . haven't u hear
    If you don't win the championship .. you are mediocre.
    The lakers were the only NON MEDIOCRE team last year

Rocket River

6. RyanB

RyanB Member

not mediocre
    Rockets are above average team
    and i'm sure if a trade has to happen especially if we add some solid wing or center, we'll get deep in the playoffs, a second round is probable, because the players are very tough and play hard which lacks in a lot of "talented" teams

7. MONON

MONON Member

Agreed whole heartedly. Sure they don't have the name talent that most other teams have, but they play hard 48 minutes of every game! You can't say that about any other team IMO. The Lakers only flaw is they take games or parts of games off. The games are played on the hard wood, before it gets turned into paper.That's why we have a chance in every game.

We're 17-12 & just lost @ Orlando on the back end of a btb in the last game of 6 in 9 day stretch missing 1 of our normal rotation players. Yes we have tired legs & that partially explains our decreasing ft & field shooting %. All this in the toughest part of our schedule. After the middle of January, the schedule gets back to a more manageable level(less btb's per month). There aren't any btb's in the playoffs & sometimes 2 or even 3 days between games. I fully expect our shooting % to increase dramatically in the playoffs. We should make it into the 2nd round.

The only change I would make now is to tell Ariza & Andersen to step inside the 3pt line to take a shot. Andersen is deadly from 18-20 feet & Ariza seems to be excerting too much to get his 3's off.

8. monster

monster Member

We're much better than mediocre, but we will struggle against top teams for sure. Teams who have a legit big man (or two) will wear us down underneath, outrebound us, and create too many easy baskets. I have more respect for this current Rockets team than any that didn't include Hakeem. They are tough as nails and they hustle. Free throws are becoming an issue again, and that psses me off, but our team is better than mediocre.

9. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

I was watching NBATV and they just announced that this thread won the western conference fail thread of the week...nice job, you win

10. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

if i could give you a neg rep i would.

and i like the way you excuse the cavs for losing to us on the 2nd night of a back to back and turn right around and say we're mediocre because we lost to a damn good team on the road on the 2nd night of a back to back.

do everyone a favor and stop posting.

11. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

who is this Paul Gasol you mention, OP?

besides, for every Gasol and Dirk that is out, we go into every single game MAKING NO EXCUSES based on our lineup.

should we put an * next to every game we win and say Yao was out?

The Lakers have 4 losses, Extrapolate that over the year and they finish 70-12.

you say Dirk was missing (part of the game) we beat them?

SORRY! GET OVER IT! WE LOST LANDRY FOR THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME

One of those four losses was by the Rockets, on the Staples Center Floor, during the easiest stretch of the Lakers' schedule...

get your loser mentality excuses out of here!

12. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

if you pulled your head out of your ass for a second you'd realize that we've played the HARDEST schedule in the ENTIRE LEAGUE thusfar, with more back-to-backs on the orad and the second fewest home games. so the road actually gets EASIER from here and you are, in fact, completely wrong.

congrats.

13. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

This thread is mediocre. :eek:

14. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

That would be overrating its value. Could lead to a huge free agent contract somewhere else. :p

On second thought, this thread is GREAT. Now hopefully there will be plenty of suitors across the league of fanboards. Show [this thread] the money!!! :grin:

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

This team is stuck in mediocrity which kind of sucks. They aren't a bad team, but they really aren't an elite team. I think the majority of teams in the league are stuck there.

In order to be an elite team you have to have elite players and we don't have one. When yao comes back I doubt he returns to elite status. The best we can hope for is a 30min a player who can't take on as much of a load, unless you want him injured again. If morey can't swing something and get an elite player we might be stuck here.

16. across110thstreet

we are the scrappiest, hardest working team in the League. God forbid we don't have a elite player to take us to the next level.

yeah, that takes a bold prediction to state that we're not going to win a ring this year, but there is nothing that is mediocre about this team, nor is there anything that sucks by watching an underrated squad of ragtag role players compete hard every night with their backs against the walls and with the hardest schedule in the entire league to start the season...

17. haha1060

haha1060 New Member

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I love watching this team play, but I don't think the op is wrong in saying this is a mediocre team.

19. across110thstreet

are they above or below your expectations when the season started AirLanghi?

for me, i expected a 7 or 8 seed when the season started, and we are right on track...

20. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Main Entry: me·di·o·cre
    Pronunciation: \ˌmē-dē-ˈō-kər\
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Middle French, from Latin mediocris, from medius middle + Old Latin ocris stony mountain; akin to Latin acer sharp — more at edge
    Date: circa 1586
    : of moderate or low quality, value, ability, or performance : ordinary, so-so

You can't argue some peoples opinion, but going by the true definition of the word, The Rockets are not even close to mediocre.

#60 Blurr#7, Dec 24, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2009