1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time for Morey to make the difficult decision.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Valen, Jan 3, 2016.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

People that don't want to trade Harden are in denial....

This dude DGAF! He got his huge paydays (max/Adidas) now he just wants to pad his stats while continuing to party and chase fat ass hoes...

Dude is a LOSER who has no sense of PRIDE or HEART!

He is a ROYCE WHITE - with a longer and more lucrative endgame.

2. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

There are only two realistic trades for Harden:

Harden for Cousins

Harden for Butler

They are realistic because they're basically swapping dissatisfied superstars for a new start.

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Lol, we aren't trading Harden.

4. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Make either of those trades and the Rockets become a perennial 9th-11th seed lottery team, just like the Kevin Martin-Kyle Lowry years.

5. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I hear what you're saying, but Harden is nothing I mean nothing like Dream...

Dream had a burning fire in him to win at all cost... I don't know if we can say this about Harden right now....

What you have in Harden is a bad situation.... It can either be one of 2 scenarios..

A) Hakeem - Where he changes and learns from his mistakes

B) Dantley - Where he never learns and only thinks about himself and no one else...

Both of those guys were stars, but right now Harden reminds me more Dantley than Hakeem...

T_Man

6. beardsanity713

We go from WCF to ppl wanting a rebuild lmao

This season is a waste but talent like Harden does not become available so often

We just need rid ourselves of Dwight... I tried to take for the guy in the past but not anymore...

Dwight is a cancer everywhere he goes...

Get harden a guy like Horford or another big who takes the game seriously

7. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I disagree, especially with Butler.... Butler and Beverley would give you one helluva defensive guard tandem...

T_Man

8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Let's trade for a real coach before we think about trading Harden.

9. RocketRed4life

Trade harden for the #1 overall pick plus that teams best or 2nd best player...im serious too. Muck it!

10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Harden is done here in Houston. He'll get back to allstar form but it'll probably be in a different uniform. He's got too many distractions and is probably being told by his nutcrackin' girlfriend that she wants to be in either L.A or nyc

11. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

I get your point, but here's the point history is not relevant. Really, it's not. Why compare Harden to Hakeem or Dirk's path? Nothing is linear about it.

On one hand, you got a 7 foot game changing, top 10 player of all time specimen. On the other hand, you got a premiere two guard, not even a top 30 player of all time. Different species. Secondly, did we ever question Hakeem's drive, motivation, effort, preparation, accountability?

Those are fundamental drivers, Harden doesn't have those.

Just cause it worked in the 2000s with Dirk, the late 80s/early 90s with Hakeem means nothing with Harden.

I say sell high on this ****er.

12. Pbev99

Pbev99 Member

and Harden take the game seriously? The same guy who parties at strip clubs all night before playoff games?

13. RocketRed4life

I would. Plus they can throw in their rookie pg. Build for the future. I don't think harden wants to be here. I get the vibe that he's over being in houston and he wants to go back home to L.A. Ofcourse thats just my speculation but I feel a disturbance in the force..

14. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Lawson would start if Butler came here.

And no, we won't ever be good defensively provided we have JB, aka mini-Mchale, as coach. At times, we have no strategy or at other times we have a stupid one.

15. StraightG

StraightG Member

What are you seeing that makes you think that?

16. Zergling

Zergling Member

LET'S TRADE THE BEST SG IN BASKETBALL Y'ALL!

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Lolz @ Harden for ZBo

1 person likes this.
  18. lionaire

lionaire Member

trade Harden fans are the worst

1 person likes this.
  19. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

we don't have Klay Thompson....

20. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Another realistic trade is to send him to Boston for the Nets unprotected first rounder and some solid role players like Avery Bradley.

Rebuilding around a top 4 pick (that has the potential to be Ben Simmons) is, at this point, a more realistic championship team building strategy than relying on Harden in my opinion, considering the state of mind and unreadiness he entered this season in.

To me Harden has shown himself to be like Steve Francis. Yes, he is better than Francis -- but, as was the case with Francis, at this point I do not think it is smart to rely on him to be the centerpiece of a franchise.

1 person likes this.