1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time for a bit of FUN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Easy, DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Today I learned Charles Barkley spent as many years in Houston as he did in Phoenix. I wasn't even born when he started so I mostly associated him as a Suns player, even knowing he was a 76er for longer. He was declining on everything but the scale here but you said 96-97 Chuck was the best PF and I went to basketball reference for a reference.

Holy ****, you might be right. We've mostly had star power at center and guard. Rudy T is still high on our all-time lists and he's from the wayback. Even my selection Horry was probably better known for other teams/championship runs. Elvin Hayes really blew up after leaving Houston and he is so old he was originally a San Diego Rocket...Scola might be the greatest power forward we've ever had, for the prime of their career being in Houston. It's either him or Rudy T right? With a note that Charles F. Barkley probably had the best single season.

Thank you for the weird realization about Rockets PF/4s.

D-rock likes this.
  3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Not gonna backread but if it’s been said then great minds think alike .

paul
    Harden/Maxwell
    Ariza/tmac
    PJ/artest
    Hakeem/yao

you’re not scoring on that team and we are slicing you up . Can’t go big on us , can’t go small . Best defensive player of all time . Elite passing at multiple positions and unselfish players if we win . Very good shooting . VERSATILITY

might not be the best 9 players , but idk if there’s a better roster . It would compete for best nba team of all time . Shaq counter , Jordan counter , lebron counter , guys to throw at Kobe .

And harden and paul with Capela was outstanding , with Hakeem it’s steroids . Untouchable 3 man game with Ariza and pj as role players . Tmac and Yao as nightmare matchups off the bench along with ron and Maxwell if the team needs a kick in the ass .

ROCK3TM4N, D-rock and hajkov like this.
  4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

For me
    Pg - Paul/kenny smith
    Sg - James harden/drexler/vernon maxwell
    Sf- Artest/Rudy T/
    Pf-Playoff Horry/rudy t
    C- Hakeem Olajuwon/ Horry

D-rock likes this.
  5. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

No Moochie, not the best players list.

D-rock likes this.
  6. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Harden
    Clyde
    Vernon
    Sampson
    Olajuwon

Yao
    CP3
    TMac
    Horry

D-rock likes this.
  7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I'm still surprised how many people forget kenny. Anyone look up his 3pt%. That guy was a floor spacer!

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

9. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Briefly…Roosh failed to remember the fourth part i.e. 'Kevin Martin+Kyle Lowry+Louis Scola' era, also quite short-lived, running under Rick Adelman's corner offense.

If lowry had not chose leaving h-town due to his immaturity,
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/nba.nb...how-he-handled-time-with-houston-rockets/amp/
    there might have been a 'lowry+Harden+dwight' era, which could have been a much more long-lived, stable as well as flourish combination, in the offense harden would not have forced himself to distribute the ball heavily n control the tempo…instead focused more on his pg role.

Easy and D-rock like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Lowry hated Milkhair.

He was the first to call out his gimpy Frankenstein ass.

DeBeards likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Olajuwon was not just a DREAM, but a true GIFT.

#Invincible

DeBeards and Killatron 2000 like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

I was wrong, Yao did wear the dildo!

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member