1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Timberwolves fire Gersson Rosas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Sep 22, 2021.

1. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

raining threes likes this.
  2. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Hope it was worth it for Rossas. The problem with this public scandal is that it now makes it difficult for him to get a job anywhere. He's definitely not getting hired in philly for a while.

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I don't know, but smart people are asking if it was his cell phone that captured the smooches. I'm just telling you what I'm hearing, but it may be 3D organizational chess, just like he used to work magic directing traffic on the court.

4. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

The reverse Jason Kidd/Derek Fisher move?

B-Bob likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Karl-Anthony Towns Has Given No Indication He's Interested In Trade From Wolves

Outside of the 17-18 season in which the Minnesota Timberwolves reached the playoffs, the tenure of Karl-Anthony Towns with the franchise has been tumultuous due to no fault of him. Flip Saunders passed away shortly after Towns was drafted, which led to Tom Thibodeau taking over both coaching duties and the front office at the end of his rookie season. Ryan Saunders replaced Thibodeau as head coach in January 2019 and Gersson Rosas was hired to run the front office a few months later. The Wolves have since fired Saunders and replaced him with Chris Finch, while they're now also searching for a replacement for Finch.

"Karl-Anthony Towns has weathered a lot of drama in his six years here," said Jon Krawczynski of The Athletic. "The Jimmy Butler situation. He's had a bunch of guys who have been president of basketball operations. He's had a bunch of head coaches. There's just been so much turmoil and tumult around him. You've seen stars ask out in other places and you say 'Do you really need to go that far? Is that really necessary?'

"I think if he fired that bullet, I don't think many people would disagree. It's been a mess here.

"Now so far, there's no indications that he's ready to go that route. I know the team has engaged directly with him and his representation over the last 24 hours to really try... They've engaged with every player to try to send a new message and get everyone on board and let them know what they're thinking and doing."

6. TimDuncanDonaut

That nerd look is a disguise. Rosas' a playa.

[​IMG]

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Both Rosas and Prigioni are Rockets legends.

[​IMG]

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Gerson: "Pablo, i thought we were friends, but you totally sold me out. From now on, I'm calling you Pablo BIG PHONY!"

B-Bob likes this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Might even have to sell his extra apartment... or live in it full-time

10. Rochut

Rochut Member

KAT for Wall straight up!! lol

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Regardless of the affair I feel like Rosas deserved to get fired he was horrible as a GM:
    1. Took Ant (B+ move)
    2. Traded up for Culvert (lost Dario Saric and 11th lotto pick wtf)
    3. Traded Wiggins and 7th lotto pick for Russell

I mean no 2 and no 3 really ****ed them up they couldve had a 5 man line up now with Kat, Saric, Wiggins, Ant any random pg (Ball?).

Thats why Stone and deserve their credit. You can **** up a rebuild like what Rosas has done in the Twolves while Fertita couldve just as easily hired Rosas back instead of Stone for the role. People think the main role of owners is just paying checks really its hiring the right personnel. Glenn Taylor is proof of that always hired the wrong dudes like Kevin Mchale, Rosas and Ryan Saunders.

#71 roslolian, Sep 24, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    ramotadab likes this.
  12. NewAge

NewAge Member

don’t forget:
    https://tenor.com/xyHa.gif

roslolian likes this.
  13. hooroo

hooroo Member

Honestly, it's despicable of the T-Wolves org to leak the affair as the reason for his dismissal. Why publicly humiliate his family for the sake of PR? Not a good look for Gupta.

14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Sachin Gupta is temporarily the GM but the Wolves want Elton Brand

Sachin Gupta wants to return to the Rockets, I really believe he misses Houston

15. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The Rockets Front Office in One Room in the Past

Daryl Morey
    Sam Hinkie
    Gersson Rosas
    Rafael Stone
    Eli Witus
    Sachin Gupta

hakeem94 and Jayzers_100 like this.
  16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

With Rice Intern Travis Stockbridge, the current GM of the Vipers :cool:

AroundTheWorld and hakeem94 like this.
  17. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Harden would have that place SNOWING.

Astrodome likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Without hearing Rosas’ side, it looks really bad, but what if they’re both going through divorces? It still doesn’t make it right to bang your subordinate.

B-Bob likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Humiliate? Bro if you having illegitimate affair and got caught having sex in the office sorry but you deserve the humiliation. It's not like this is a private matter, he was doing the deed in company grounds WTF.