1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tim Macmahon is a joke why did ESPN allow a Dallas castoff to cover our team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenVolumeOne, Dec 16, 2020.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

This makes too much sense. Their focus on his individual stats and accolades always struck me as egregious, and it seems to fit in pretty well with what we're hearing now.

Nelly likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

If a legend like Peter Vecsey asks that same reporter equally tough questions and that reporter scurries away, then that reporter is a fake.

rgw20014life and HP3 like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Vecsey has more skins on the wall than Timmy ever will.

Boston84, rgw20014life and HP3 like this.
  4. durvasa

His "tough question" rests on an idea that has no basis in reality -- that if people were willing to come forward now with snide comments about Harden's behavior as a Rocket, then they must have been willing to do that in the past under more stable circumstances. As if Harden choosing to not show up on time to training camp and making trade demands that would tank the Rockets is just business as usual.

Seems like a dumb question to me. I can understand why MacMahon may have thought that taking the time to explain this to a guy who is (at this stage) as irrelevant as Peter Vecsey is probably time better spent elsewhere.

5. HardenVolumeOne

Ask LeBron a tough question, and you'll interview him or the lakers again. You better kiss his ass in that interview

rgw20014life likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

There was an inference that Tim was being spoon fed.

Read the twitter thread.

Never seen you so openly biased vs. any member of media.

What did you do fence riding Durv who could always see the other perspective or give benefit of doubt to a differing opinion?

Vecsey's questions were hardly unreasonable, they just as tough as Tim's were purported to be.

HP3 likes this.
  7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

If you don't say Dave Hardisty do you get banned for life?

D-rock likes this.
  8. durvasa

I didn't read the Twitter thread. Only his question, and MacMahon's reply.

I think MacMahon's reporting is probably accurate, and Vescey's supposed tough question doesn't add any more doubt to MacMahon's story in my mind. Maybe I didn't fully grasp the point Vescey was making.

9. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Careful! You're starting to confuse them with reality and facts.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Lol, his trade value has been what it has been. You think other teams dont already know this about Harden? They can get this info ANY time they want. Harden's value has been the same. This is to make Harden look bad and Tillman look good.

Im not even gonna address this second part.

D-rock likes this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

Ahh yea, Harden is the big bad super star and Tillman is the poor, broke billionaire getting pushed around by him loooooooooooooooool. Tim you've done a great job for the people who already hated Harden.

D-rock likes this.
  12. durvasa

If teams already know it, do you mean that it’s the truth? And if it’s the truth, why should a reporter who covers the team not report it regardless of how it makes the player look?

SWTsig likes this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

The truth? Sure, but we are getting one side of the story entirely intended to make James look bad. The fact is though, he HASNT gotten everything he wanted. Its funny because Chris Paul hasnt leaked one thing about the Rocket uhhh lol "culture." And he would have more of an axe to grind given the kind of person he is. The only thing we get out of Chris is the whole "ball movement" thing and I KNOW that's a bunch of trash because he nor Dennis, nor Shai work off each other like that, im looking at clips right now. In fact just the other day Chris said he liked playing with guys like James Harden(among others) who love to hoop like him. Tim could have reported this any time he wanted to? And he has reported similar things already. But why now is all of this specific stuff coming out? Im sure Tim had these connects with these former staffers for a while?

Also WHY DID WE NOT PAY LUXURY TAX TWICE when we needed it the most. If James got everything he wanted? Why did we cancel morning shoot arounds, which James liked with Chris Paul. Why did we let Mike Dantoni go? Why did we hire Silas? If he got everything he wanted and this was his first time hearing "no" and he was just this irrational diva why is everything so inconsistent.

#53 HP3, Dec 17, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I love Harden. That's why I hope he will honor his contract with the Rockets for two more years. You do too, right?

HP3 likes this.
  15. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Lmao at all the Harden groupies in here

Hold the damn fort guys! :D:D:D

16. HP3

HP3 Member

Ahhh yea the Harden "groupies" LOL. I guess demanding for consistent reporting here is a crime right. Have you ever heard a Harden "groupie" say he was right for his actions during this vegas ordeal lol. Gosh man, people just cant use nuance anymore.

D-rock likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Because these stories are being wielded as propaganda.

Hence Vecsey questioning the timing, as well as the tone, of these articles.

18. durvasa

So, you think he has been sitting on this information all this time? Based on what?

Isn’t it kind of obvious why a former staffer might be more willing to comment on certain things when they are no longer on staff? I see nothing suspicious about a story trying to explain the roots of the conflict within the Rockets in the midst of its star player suddenly making demands for a trade, and over the course of the putting together piece certain unflattering details coming out about how the team has dealt with that player.

What am I missing that this must be the product of an effort specifically meant to make Harden look bad, rather to explain what’s going on with the team?

I don’t know if he ever demanded that ownership pay luxury tax or extend MDA’s contract last season or retain morning shoot around. So, you think he must have and was rejected?

19. durvasa

There’s nothing suspicious about the timing. Harden refusing to report to training camp and demanding a trade is exactly the time I would expect details like this to be revealed even in the scenario that there was not an anti-Harden agenda. Details about the nature of the relationship between Harden and the Rockets happen to be pretty relevant when he’s demanding a trade.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Look, I can only lead the horse to water.

Up to you if you want to die of thirst.

jiggyfly likes this.