1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tim Lincecum

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rikesh316, May 3, 2007.

1. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I picked him up earlier this year, but thanks for letting us know about Ortiz. I've been watching Lincecum closely... it's downright scary. The other day he threw 6 scoreless innings, 14 Ks and zero walks. For the year so far in AAA, he's 4-0, has an ERA of 0.29 and has struck out 46 guys in 31 innings.

3. fadeaway

fadeaway Member

I grabbed Lincecum about two weeks ago. He's going to be really special. There's so much hype around this guy and players with that much hype rarely end up being total disappointments.

4. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Member

Thanks for the heads up. This kids stuff looks sick.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

I picked him up Wednesday, and managed to replace the spot with Phil Hughes being sent to the DL.

Lots of promising rookies.

7. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

I also like Hughes alot but its going be tough for him in AL East and facing AL lineups. Lincecum gets to face weak NL West lineups and gets to pitch in one of the best pitchers ballparks.

8. SamCassell

SamCassell Member

Ah, rookie pitchers. They can be really really good, or they can really suck. Lincecum ... well, you decide! 4.1 IP, 4 ER, 5 hits, 5 BB, 5 K, 2 HR. Against the 13-17 Phils. He might be one of the greats someday, but that day wasn't today.