1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tim Hardaway says Greg Oden would help Miami Heat win third straight title

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Jul 29, 2013.

1. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

Can't help but feel nervous for this guy( wherever he goes), all I can picture is his leg giving out, when playing against us.

I don't know how many minutes he contributes

2. BuffaloRockets

I've been rooting for him from the beginning. In his short time actually playing he has like a 16 and 13 per36. He was going to be the next great center if he could just stay healthy! Anyways he should sign as long as a contract as he possibly can with the Suns, if anyone can save his career they can.

3. i3artow i3aller

In sixth grade, Oden underwent surgery to repair his hip . Following the surgery, one leg was then longer than the other, resulting in his unusual gait which is often mistaken for a limp.

His senior year of high school, Oden underwent surgery to repair a torn ligament in his wrist , an injury that kept him out until December for his freshman year of college, after which he helped push his team to the NCAA Championship Game, only to fall short.
    On September 13th, 2007, during preseason before his rookie season, he underwent microfracture surgery to repair his right knee. He would miss the entire 2007-2008 season.

Oden managed to return from his first microfracture surgery only to have Andrew Bynum land on his foot on October 28th, 2008, injuring it . He would miss only two weeks, though.

Then on February 13th, 2009, he bumped knees with Corey Maggette and chipped his left patella . It was the first injury sustained to his left knee and he missed three weeks due to it.

He recovered from that and 2009-2010 was set to be his year. He was looking very much like finally the player he was supposed to be. Then on December 5th, 2009, he attempted to block a shot by Aaron Brooks, landed without contact on his left leg, and badly fractured his left patella . His recovery was projected to take him right up until training camp of 2010.

After missing training camp, preseason, and the start of the regular season , and after saying he wouldn't return until he was 100% healthy but that he could still be an impact player and that he was not a bust, it was announced on November 17th, 2010 that Oden would undergo microfracture surgery on his left knee and subsequently miss every game from seasons 2010-2012.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

Will not be watching him play. I have a weak stomach and squeal like a little girl when I see an injury. Especially when they replay it 100 times in slo-mo.

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

There are things such as injury bugs...When one player gets injured...others soon follow...Oden presence alone is gonna put another heat player at risk.

6. T-mac&Yao=RING

I think Oden is pretty much done he will most likey get hurt again. I'll take the chance if I was the Heat tho. Dude body is just not build to play in the NBA.

7. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Member

The infamous IF healthy...

8. samoy

samoy Member

would anyone be in the know of how serviceable oden would be given his current status?

9. i3artow i3aller

In other news...Eddy Curry has shed 100 lbs and is looking to dominate the L.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

How did the Manimal get into that picture

J/k

11. KWilson71

KWilson71 Member

They win it without him as well lol