1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tim Donaghy: Mavs have no chance of beating Miami and the refs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, May 29, 2011.

Tags:
  1. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

They got screwed in 2006 and it was AWESOME.

This particular Mavs team does not deserve that same fate.

2. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

didn't lebron get called for an offensive foul backing down brewer with about 8 seconds left in a tie game 4? wasn't that possibly the first offensive foul ever called with under 10 seconds left in a tie game in playoff history? seriously, i'd love to know of other examples. but maybe that was just throw us off the scent of the obvious conspiracy.

and how is calling boozer for a 3rd foul part of the conspiracy to help the heat? thibodeau or rose probably told the refs to do it.

3. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

you mean the same kevin martin who gets 10 free throws a game?

4. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Miami and Chicago have a new fan base this year, so it's easy to play with them.

Heat fans wanted a sweep against Boston (this reminds me, NY fans are broke). For game 3, they bet the Heat would go up 3-0 against the Celtics. They lose. What happens? They don't bet on game 4 which Boston wins at home. Miami gamblers are reluctant that they didn't bet on game 4, but not reluctant enough to bet on game 5. Miami wins game 5, so they became upset.

Heat fans thought their team was the best, much better than Chicago who only has one star. They bet on the Heat to take game 1 against the Bulls. Miami not only doesn't cover the spread, they lose by 21 which is the only 20 point blow out Miami has suffered in the playoffs. Heat fans fear betting against Chicago, so they don't bet on not only Miami to cover the spread, but on Miami to win at home for game 3. Well, they won AND they covered the spread. Miami fans are happy, but they are content. Had they bet on the spread they would have made so much more. For game 4, they bet the Heat would cover the spread Heat, but they do not. Heat fans who bet have little, or no winnings (they are in the negative) left by game 5 took what little they had left and put it on Miami to cover the spread for game 5. They didn't.

Bulls fans actually thought if the Bulls won game 5 at home that they could beat Miami at home (only the Bulls have accomplished this feat) then the Bulls could win game 7 at home. Chicago did only lose 5 games at home this year, so it's hard to blame them.

Lakers fans were a long term project after two game seven championship victories. They cleaned them out during the playoffs this year (most stopped betting on regular season games). Jack Nicholson lost a lot of money by taking Mark Cuban's bet in Vegas for game two...this one's a gut feeling.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

For all the "screw Dallas since they screwed us" people, please note that if and when the Rockets do contend again, we're going to resemble the Dallas team more than the Miami team. We're also situated in a city not named NY or LA. So if the trend continues, sooner or later it's going to screw us over too.

6. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

My personal NBA officiating theories aside, I'm not going to take seriously anything this assh-le D-bag Donaghy says, especially since we already know he will do/say anything that works in his financial interest. Dude's just up to his same old tricks and oozes slimeball. How anyone can actually listen to this guy (especially knowing he is blatantly ignoring the pro-Chicago game 5 because it doesn't suit his $$$ narrative) is beyond me.

As far as the Mavs go, f' em. I don't remember Cuban saying anything when we were getting screwed by the refs in '05. Just like the rest of the league, he has no problem with officiating bias when it works in his favor.

7. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

come on. where have we come to as a society when a guy with an ax to grind making youtube videos for a gambling website is no longer considered the pinnacle of credibility? for shame AstroRocket.

1 person likes this.
  8. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

lol :grin: repped

9. KyleLowryPG

KyleLowryPG Member

Whoever believes the NBA isn't rigged is either a disinfo agent or blind.

10. KyleLowryPG

KyleLowryPG Member

Donaghy made 15 million dollars off these two videos. Some people are so gullible which is why Vegas and the NBA keep stealing their money with WWF mularkey.

11. KyleLowryPG

KyleLowryPG Member

Remember these are the same people who think fire knocked down building 7 of the WTC complex. Even though no skyscraper has fallen from just fire damage.

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Rigged? I'm not sure. Unevenly sided at times, definitely. Officials are human beings, they make mistakes and have obvious preferences for certain players over others. To say rigged? Eh. I will joke about the NBA turning into the WWE, but it isn't completely there... yet...

What? Where did you get this info?...A link would be nice...

Ok, what now? You're starting to get ToyCen esque here... This is devolving into D&D material fast, and after 3 posts in a row in one thread I think you need to pull away from here now...

13. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

im a lebron fan and i knew that was a travel, i was expecting a whistle but hey, superstars get superstars calls that's too damn bad lol

14. KyleLowryPG

KyleLowryPG Member

Obviously the second post about him making 15 million was a joke.

Funny you demand links, but your rebuttal includes 4 year old insults and little to zero proving me wrong.

15. KyleLowryPG

KyleLowryPG Member

I've got it. Tim Donaghy is making it rich off Youtube videos discrediting the NBA and funding an underground terror cell.

16. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Was it really a travel? I think it was just an awkward-looking move. I mean he picked up his dribble, and then he took two steps. Where's the travel in that?

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Actually I didn't insult you once. All I said was that you were starting to sound conspiracy theory like. Is that an insult? Or was it the fact that I was saying you posted three replies in one thread in such a short period of time? Neither of the two seem like an insult. Also, I wasn't trying to prove you right or wrong, I was just stating that to say the NBA is rigged is a step too far. Are there inappropriate things going on behind the scenes? I'd be stunned if there weren't any. The fact that the NBA has no desire to even investigate if Riley/Wade broke NBA rules in forming the super friends alone is suspicious. However, it doesn't serve as enough evidence to show the NBA is rigged...

18. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yeah, it was a travel. After picking up his dribble, he takes two steps and then stops. At that point, his right foot is inside the circle and his left foot is outside. He then moves his right foot further into the circle which means his left foot is his pivot foot.

And then he picks up his left foot (his pivot foot) and replants it before shooting.

19. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I'm not impessed witht he two video's. Ofcourse it was a travel, but travels are all the time. For example:
    <iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xN_ljDfevB0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The foul on Boozer was also not a good call, but not nearly as bad as the Finley out of bound, or the goaltending Pippen did on shandon Anderson, or many other examples.

Furthermore why would anyone take Donaghy seriously, he resigned because it became clear he betted on games he officiated.

#79 arno_ed, May 30, 2011
    Last edited: May 30, 2011
  20. Landry92

Landry92 Member

It's pathetic when people crave attention ..