1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tilman Will Call Morey Before Making Decisions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bobloblaw, Oct 15, 2020.

1. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Russ was a hard fit to put next to a center like Capela and was owed more money with a longer contract. We gave up two first round picks and two pick swaps. Even if you think Russ was better than CP3, which only was true if you thought CP3 was unhealthy forever, he wasn't worth all of those draft assets. Only short-sighted people would mortgage the future for Russell Westbrook.

#61 MrButtocks, Oct 15, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    saleem and Ramo$e like this.
  2. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Biggest thing I took note of was. "If he ends up back in the league, I think that he’ll probably end up in the East Coast."

Morey will be back just not with the Rockets. He will build the team he sees fit, no interference. Guess better this way before Tilman blames Morey for his failures. Good GOD!

D-rock likes this.
  3. Asian Sensation

[​IMG]

Rudyc281, AroundTheWorld and napalm06 like this.
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

tillmen is lying to everyone, all talk no action. even in the unlikely event that he asks for advice, pretty sure maurley will give tillmen and his kids the worst advice like hiring marc jackson

D-rock and Ramo$e like this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It was a rough contract but the Westbrook contract is worse and we paid first round picks to make that swap... for a player whose (declining) skill set doesn't fit in the modern NBA. So we trade our center and convince ourselves he can feast at the rim with a spaced offense. Brilliant. We've dug the whole deeper and deeper and deeper and still some fans feel compelled to justify it. But i just dont see how you can. How is anything currently happening superior to the strategy of replicating or iterating on the 2018 roster balance.

#65 napalm06, Oct 15, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    AroundTheWorld, Ramo$e and YOLO like this.
  6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

YOU make that trade. Don't speak for anyone else. In fact do yourself a favor and read Clutch's reaction to the trade... or any number of Clutchfans in the trade thread. That response is the opposite of 10/10. Maybe more like 3/10. That was before we had seen Russ throw one pass (or shot) out of bounds in Rockets red.

7. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

There’s no way that’s anything more than wishful thinking by Tilman

8. JW86

JW86 Member

He can not follow his own advise: shut up and listen.

Ramo$e and D-rock like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

'I would hate to.'

saleem likes this.
  10. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I hate to admit it but you can already see the media has been waiting to pound the Rockets organization and will be the butt of the league

saleem likes this.
  11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Tilman not selling the only business making him money, lmao.

Not in a million years. He's going to pass this team down to his son, Tilman Jr.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It was confirmed to me that Tillman was an idiot when I saw that mural. His stupid book as well.

D-rock and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nope, and I wouldn’t have Harden play part time GM either.

And I do not care about his friendship.

If you trade CP3, at least get younger stars like Michael Porter, Booker.....someone you can look forward to in 4 years

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

WB draws headlines like flies......as expected.

15. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Shameless

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

We'll be nostalgic for the days of being take show villains.

We won't even be discussed other than as punchlines for the next 5 years.

17. blackistan

blackistan Member

Tillman must be high...all the time

D-rock and saleem like this.
  18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Sure Tillman could call Daryl and ask for advice but he won't be taking it like how he probably didn't listen to Daryl about keeping Paul. While I'm not in the camp that thought the trade was a complete disaster at the time I'm at least in the group that didn't like that Tillman forced Morey's hand into making the trade happen. The last time a Rockets owner influenced a player acquisition we ended up having to attached a 1st Round pick to the point guard's neck just to get him out of town in Jeremy Lin. Weird how that scenario played out again years later with Paul except this time we didn't get any cap room flexibility and also lost more picks.

I hope when Daryl sees "TBag" on his phone he hits the red decline button.

D-rock, Ramo$e and AroundTheWorld like this.
  19. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Um...

So Morey definitely just saying he doesn’t want to work for you but your comment is “I’m gonna call his ass” on decisions, as though you’ve been letting him make the basketball decisions? (When it’s apparent to us, your fans, that you aren’t letting him make the basketball decisions)

Man. Is this the karmic cost for OBrien? Morey goes too? Genuinely how bad is it gonna be when Morey isn’t standing in the way of your bad decisions? How do you even run a team this badly?!?! Bone headed jabroni shifty smiley tooth phony sonuvabitch insurance man Tollman Fertooty.

D-rock and Ramo$e like this.
  20. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Remember harden doesn’t show up in the playoffs. I think everybody should see by now he just doesn’t have it in him!
    Lol at westbrook
    “Improve the bench” how ? You have no assets to trade for
    “Silas or JVG” doesn’t guarantee mean it’s going to work. Your making sound like it’s simple but I don’t see us winning one anytime soon and definitely not with Harden! I don’t see the hunger from harden at all!

Rudyc281 likes this.