1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TILMAN LOVES KPJ

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Apr 26, 2023.

1. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

For the record, Silas had 20 years of experience as an assistant coach before becoming Rockets HC. Udoka has 1 year of HC experience and 9 years assistant coaching. He also played in league, which helps. Nonetheless, “coaching experience” is not a significant differentiating factor between Silas and Udoka. That isn’t to discount any of your points about his inability to change, or his ability to connect with his players effectively. I think Silas would do much much better with a group of smart, veteran players who can buy into a system. That’s impossible to do with a gaggle of teens.

glimmertwins and DaDakota like this.
  2. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Yeah - totally, agree. I think Silas could be a capable coach somewhere but it seems unlikely he is going to see the situation you mentioned any time soon. I bet he becomes an assistant somewhere this season and hopefully rebuilds his "brand" if you will in the right place.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

CHICAGO — While the NBA draft prospects and hopefuls gathered in Chicago for the annual draft combine, the National Basketball Players Association brought in the most veteran Rockets player under contract for next season to talk with the next generation.

Rockets guard Kevin Porter Jr. was asked by the National Basketball Players Association to speak to players at the combine Wednesday, a person with knowledge of the event said.

Later in the day Wednesday, he watched the second game played by draft hopefuls with Rockets general manager Rafael Stone and coach Ime Udoka.

Porter, who just completed his fourth NBA season, was the lone Rockets player that attended Udoka’s introductory press conference.

hlmbasketball, burlesk and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Head honcho doing head honcho things.

burlesk and ThatBoyNick like this.
  5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Happy he’s engaged. Withholding judgement on if KPJ will stick until I see him actually move without the ball and give consistent defensive effort. I’m optimistic about Udoka’s influence. We’ll see. Not at point guard though.

6. Salvy

Salvy Member

KPJ is a Consummate Professional

J.R. likes this.
  7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Well??? We're waiting!