1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TILMAN LOVES KPJ

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Apr 26, 2023.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

LOL - where is your sense of humor son? Now go get me a juice box !

DD

topfive and Believe It! like this.
  2. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

3. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

I'll get right on that.

4. DaDakota

Supporting Member

That's the spirit - for the record, I don't think I am smarter than anyone, I just believe what I believe just like everyone else....but believing in KPJ when most of the fanbase is against him - is not easy......people don't see it....and maybe they are right.......I see it.....maybe I am right.

I guess we have to wait and see what Ime sees because we know he will be right.

DD

5. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

This is the real stuff. Completely objective. He may be a really good player in another position, but PG is not it. DD and BTG need to chill out on the KPJ is our best player crap. He is our best scorer.

Losmi_34 and OremLK like this.
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Best shooter.

Green is the best scorer

Rocketeer likes this.
  7. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

That's the spirit!

glimmertwins and DaDakota like this.
  8. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

QUOTE="DaDakota, post: 14617006, member: 331"]That's the spirit - for the record, I don't think I am smarter than anyone, I just believe what I believe just like everyone else....but believing in KPJ when most of the fanbase is against him - is not easy......people don't see it....and maybe they are right.......I see it.....maybe I am right.

I guess we have to wait and see what Ime sees because we know he will be right.

DD[/QUOTE]

I don't think the last couple of years were good for any of the young guys. I don't blame Silas. Think it was their plan all along. If Udoka gets through to them, especially Porter, they should make a big jump next year. I hope they don't trade any of the core. Want to see what they'll be like under a good leader.

NewAge likes this.
  9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I am ok with them trading anyone as long as it makes us better, teams are generally not all the same age.

DD

10. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

C'mon.

Your biggest kick?

Is it bad to hope there's a coach to get through to this dude? It's one thing when the majority of the fan base acknowledges a problem. It's a much bigger thing when even people outside the fan base call it out.

Joke still running.....

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Absolutely - when cruelty is the fix then I have to laugh at it. When they backtrack and then apply a footnote and a qualifier to why they are wrong all the time its what I get up for in the morning. When there was supposed to be a new era shepherded in when everyone's favorite coaching candidate was hired and then subsequently counted on this teams persona non grata to be a part of the regime change the cringe was just too delicious to ignore.

12. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

With 60 million in cap space, free agent vets can be brought in to balance out the roster and contribute while aiding to the development of the core. No need to rush it. With several dudes that have the potential to be great now under a good coach, who knows what they'll look like. The biggest jump is normally in yr 3 or 4.

13. highpost1388

highpost1388 Member

I really like KPJ as well. I'm not sure if he'll be a great point guard in the future, but I think he's a good basketball player and it's great to see his life turned around so much from his time at USC/Cleveland.

I often wonder if he does make that jump to being a nice PG or 22+ppg contributor in a title run if people who talked the most **** about him will say they were wrong or pretend like it'll never happen.

The lack of accountability is really sad for people who want so badly to be "right" about young players failing in the NBA. Regardless of KPJ's future with the team, I'd say the "experiment" was already a success as far as his personal growth and maturation. It was a great free investment and he's had a lot of fun moments in these rough tanking years. I am really hopeful for him under a new coach and hopefully with some vets to play with.

NewAge, ramotadab and PatBev like this.
  14. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Cruelty?

Backtrack?

Footnote?

A big thumbs up. You nailed reality!

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

But someone like Harden will cost us 40m, leaving not much.....I just think we won't get many big names.....we can maybe get 2 for 30m - and that is huge, but it has to be the right 2....

DD

16. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Two for 15 would be nice.

Leave room for J Brown next year in FA.

BaselineFade and AroundTheWorld like this.
  17. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Well, yeah, that is tough, everyone keeps talking about 60m, but we have to choose wisely, and is that Cam Johnson? Is it Kyrie Irving? I mean I could even see us getting Mikael bridges, taking on ben Simmons contract into that cap space and pushing the cap space down the road 2 years.

Just so many ways to go.

DD

18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I have grown tired of....Tillman loving KPJ.

Nah - just kidding. I do think KPJ is a useful basketball player - the issue on this team is more his role on it than necessarily something he is at fault for. at the end of the day, he is what he is. There was an attempt to try to make him something else, and I think our coach failed epicly at trying to pivot once everyone realized it wasn't working.

I do believe part of this was because of Silas' relative lack of experience. He knew how to coach a specific way and the day Harden was traded, Silas was left with a roster that...wasn't built the way he knew how to coach. You could argue Stone did him no favors but also Silas needed to evolve an approach that was appropriate for this team and he was too inexperienced to have the tools at his disposal to be able to make those changes. Fine - should have moved on earlier but it happened and we now have a small shot at getting a crack at a franchise altering player.

I still think KPJ can be of use to this roster as a Lou Williams/Jamal Crawford/Vinnie Johnson type of 6th man/instant scoring options but let's see if Udoka is able to get through to KPJ in a different way to embrace that because I have a feeling part of the sell job in the Silas era was dangling the keys to the team if KPJ would do all the things he was asked...and in the end - he simply isn't able to be the playmaking facilitator the team needed. Hopefully Udoka can get him in a more suitable role and if not, we can and should see what value we can get from him on the trade market. I think he would be a valuable piece - especially because Houston has the ability to take back more in trade value so we are both flexible roster wise and have a nice selection of talent and picks to make things happen. KPJ is still young talented, productive, and on a great contract.

OremLK and NewAge like this.
  19. NewAge

NewAge Member

be as it may, this is the team’s best PG.

20. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Don't think it'd be smart to bring in ANYONE with questionable character.